Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MEPS - plantar warts
Last Post 07 Jun 2018 12:21 AM by akshayv. 17 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
guardian8

--
07 Sep 2009 06:51 PM
    Hello all!  I took the ASVAB a couple weeks ago (got a 90) and now I am scheduled for an upcoming trip to MEPS.  I was doing some research on what they will be looking for, and I think the only problem that I will run into is a plantars wart I have on one foot (think I got it while in college).  I have used some over the counter medicine, and I thought I had it taken care of, but apparently I didn't.  I also didn't know that they would be looking for these at MEPS and they would be a big problem (however I do understand the problem).  My question is, after the doctor sees that I have one of these will I be automatically disqualified from joining the Coast Guard right there, or will I be able to go through with the rest of the tests at MEPS and be told to have it taken care of once I get home?  I am really worried about this because I REALLY want to join the Coast Guard, so any help would be greatlyyy apreciated.  Thank you very much!
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    07 Sep 2009 07:30 PM
    take care of it before you go to meps!

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    OS A-School
    Petaluma, Ca

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    07 Sep 2009 08:33 PM
    Directly from the Med Manual

p. Plantar wart(s). Current symptomatic plantar wart(s) (078.19) is
    disqualifying.

Hope this helps.

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    guardian8

--
    07 Sep 2009 08:50 PM
    Do you think I should call my recruiter then and ask if I could cancel my appointment? My appointment is for next week, so should I just ask him for some time to get it taken care of? Again, thanks for the help.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sammy T

--
    07 Sep 2009 09:25 PM
    Yes! Remeber, the CG will always be there. This is a process that takes time and if you rush into it, well the outcome may not be in your favor. I'd see a dermatologist as soon as possible so you can get some stronger medication to take care of it faster.

good luck

'The will of God will never take us where the Grace of God will not protect us.'

guardian8

--
    07 Sep 2009 09:54 PM
    Thank you. One last question - by telling my recruiter that I have one of these plantar warts, will he automatically disqualify me, or will he give me some time to go see a doctor and get it taken care of and get me another appointment for meps in a couple weeks? Obvious I plan on being honest with him, but I just curious what hes going to say. Thanks again for all the help, this is a great forum!
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    07 Sep 2009 10:06 PM
    No he wont dq you. He will give you the time to get it corrected.

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    07 Sep 2009 11:05 PM
    I concur unequivocally with the others...get it squared away 100% with a dermatologists medical statement clearly showing that it is 100% taken care of before ever submitting paperwork or stepping into MEPS!

I also sent you a PM

Kyle

In his life changing name God Bless!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Sep 2009 11:56 PM
    I don't doubt anything... but a wart could keep you out if it isn't gone before you go to MEPS!?!?! A wart! I have kissed a lot of toads, luckily no warts from them but still, I suppose it's always a possibility. LOL

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sammy T

--
    08 Sep 2009 12:01 AM
    MEPS is noones friend lol.

'The will of God will never take us where the Grace of God will not protect us.'

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    08 Sep 2009 12:14 AM
    I have to agree with all of you on getting it taken care of......in a non related wart issue, my son showed up for his physical July a year ago, was cleared from head to toe.....went in November to ship and was told he would not be shipping that day because he had toenail fungus...Now mind you he had the fungus at the physical in July, but that doctor had cleared him and never told us to take care of it, which we would have, but figured it was a non issue. So he had the toes taken care of and shipped in May, he graduated in July with Romeo 181, and is on his way!
    I chalk that incident up to God's perfect Timing....
    But if someone out there reads this and it helps them, then that will be good!
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    USCGC Bear, Portsmouth, VA

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    USCGC Bear, Portsmouth, VA
    guardian8

--
    08 Sep 2009 12:23 AM
    Thank you so much for the reply all, I really apreciate it! I will call my recruiter tomorrow, and hopefully get my trip to meps delayed. I greatly appreciate all the help!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Carissamarie08

--
    08 Sep 2009 01:56 AM
    I have a wart on my foot and was fine at MEPS lol..
    embaressing that i have an ugly wart though

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    08 Sep 2009 04:34 AM
    Plantar warts are related to HPV virus and can be spread in showers like athletes foot.  I'm sure they will want it cleared before you go as you don't want everyone in your company to get them! nono

Proud Mom of FS3 Kribell, Heather
    USCGC Hamilton - San Diego 

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 9/8/2009 10:12:39 AM GMT

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    08 Sep 2009 09:29 AM
    Now that I think about it....What do they look for at MEPS? I'm not worried as I don't believe I have anything wrong that will DQ me, but I want to make sure.

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

guardian8

--
    08 Sep 2009 07:46 PM
    One final question for all of you. If you go to meps and don't pass something in the physical, will they give you time to correct it(if it is correctable), and come back at a later date to go through meps again? Or will they just automatically disqualify you, and your process to get into the CG is completly over.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Sep 2009 01:18 AM
    Carissa,

I had a wart on my toe back in the late 80's. My doctor yelled at me for being vain, anyone that knows me vain is something I am certainly not! Apparently I was wearing regular shoes and I should have been wearing wide widths... I was squishing my big toe and somehow that squeezed a wart out. I switched to wide widths and voila, wart went away with no medical attention at all. So maybe if you are wearing regular shoes, give the old wide width a try and don't be vain (according to my doctor, I don't think you are).

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    akshayv

--
    07 Jun 2018 12:21 AM
    I had been experiencing foot pain and plantar fasciitis. I was desperate to find a shoe that could get me through a day of walking without pain. Well I found it, the orthofeet not only gives me the foot support and pain relief I needed; they are also a good looking shoe that can be paired with many different outfits. The shoes took me about three weeks to wear in so that they were comfortable enough to wear on a 4-8 mile walk.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement