Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
College and applying for OCS
Last Post 25 Feb 2010 11:24 PM by Bells. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
AET2b

--
12 Jan 2010 05:16 AM
    This is what I have learned so far( correct me if I am wrong)...
    Please verify if this is correct...

To apply for OCS as temporary commision applicant, you must be E-5 or above and at least 4 years active duty.

One of the options is to have completed 1 year of college including College level math class or math CLEP. 1 year of college is stated as 30 semester hours.

-------------------------------------------------

I have completed about 10 credits worth of FEMA independent studys that will be creditted by their college.

I have a university that will grant me 7 credits for my PPL (4 ground,3 flight) where I will be taking my college math course(3 for the math).

And I plan to apply my credit I will obtain from basic, airman, and a-school through a college that will except the military training as credit ( with ACE, or SOCOAST).

And if I need more credits I will take more classes...

So my question is;
    1) is it ok to have several official transcripts?
    2) is it ok that almost all of my credits are electives except the college level math course?

Thanks as always!!

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    12 Jan 2010 03:42 PM
    One of the requirements is: Have one year of college (30 Semester hours or 45 Quarter hours0 at a qualifying college or university and have completed at least one college level math class, or recieve the ACE recommended score on the College Mathematics General CLEP exam.

Talk to your recruiter about the status of your transcripts. They will have the best information available.

"When you fall on your face you are still moving forward."

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    13 Jan 2010 03:41 AM
    Gears,
    thanks! :-)

I have been asking my recruiter a lot of questions latley. And he seems to be swamped as always. I was hoping some one online would have some insight. Possibly one of the recruiters; chuckles or cooch.
    TuckMan

--
    13 Jan 2010 05:04 AM
    Do you mind me asking who you got to give you credits for your pilot license? In order for them to do that do you have to take additional classes?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    13 Jan 2010 05:29 AM
    Well I contacted Utah valley university since they have online aviation degrees. I sent them an email and they said they would give the credits that equal my ppl. So then I asked them what would happen if I took some classes and later transferrd to another school. They said the ppl credit would be recorded on my official transcripts as well as any classes I would complete between now and then. I figured I would take my required math credits and take advantage of the extra credits for my ppl. :-)<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 1/13/2010 6:30:49 AM GMT

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    13 Jan 2010 12:01 PM
    Beau, I didn't read anything in the manual stating that the credits had to be from one school, or any specific school. They just have to be from an accredited school. Good Luck.

"When you fall on your face you are still moving forward."

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    25 Feb 2010 11:24 PM
    The school that you would transfer too however from Utah State might not accept the ppl credits toward their specific degree. The credits would stay on your transcript, and the CG would be able to see them, but when it comes to actually getting a degree from the school you would transfer to, you might have to take more classes to satisfy the degree.

For example, I was taking classes for a criminal justice degree at Illinois State University, when i transfered to Univeristy of Illinois at Chicago, some of the classes didn't transfer as credit. They are all still on my transcripts and the grades and all that still show, but UIC for some reason didn't seem to want to accept the transfering credit (more than likely because they would rather you pay for their courses :) )

If you could try and just finish your degree from UTAH, that would be awesome.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement