Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Writing letters
Last Post 11 Mar 2015 03:46 PM by evelin.1094. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
vbebber1

--
21 Oct 2009 04:05 PM
    How do I find out the correct address to send letters to my husband in boot camp, I have part of the address i just dont know what the company name is or the hall they are in ...

Thanks
    Kayla
    <!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 10/21/2009 4:06:54 PM GMT

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    "

Lance Armstrong
    MrsNoagBigton

--
    21 Oct 2009 05:00 PM
    SR first and last name
    US Coast Guard TRACEN
    One Munro Ave.
    Cape May NJ 08204-5083

He doesn't have a company or hall yet and wont until about Sunday. Keep writing him! Your letters will still get to him :). My husband left Sept 15th so i had the same questions for my recruiter :).

when you know his company/hall his address will look like:

SR first and last name
    Recruit company____/____ hall
    US Coast Guard TRACEN
    One Munro Ave.
    Cape May NJ 08204-5083
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    21 Oct 2009 05:07 PM
    If you go to this PAGE , you will find a list of graduation dates and the name of each company's hall. If your husband arrived on October 13th, his company is "probably" N-182 (unless they split the company into 2 companies).

In case you are not aware, there is a Coast Guard Recruit Training website that let's you check each company's progress. It is updated every Tuesday afternoon.
    Here's the link: http://www.uscgbootcamp.com/go/site/763/

Be sure and also click on the BLOG to get even more good stuff.

Good luck, welcome tothe Coast Guard Family!

Pepper

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 10/21/2009 10:22:34 AM GMT

campbell

--
    21 Oct 2009 06:04 PM
    My boyfirend just left yesterday, so if i send him a letter without the company or hall he can still get my letter for the hour they have on sunday to read and write letters?
    vbebber1

--
    21 Oct 2009 10:47 PM
    on the uscg boot camp web site they dont have any information for recuits arriving on oct 13th yet so he will get my letters if I just use the address with his name on it even though i dont have the company or hall name ?
    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    "

Lance Armstrong
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    22 Oct 2009 12:09 AM
    My educated guess is they will be N-182 in Munro Hall.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    23 Oct 2009 06:58 AM
    Our family has sent several letters to Ian, and I hope he gets them
    this week. This is NOT the time for the mail service to mess-up! :)

Debbie
    "Ian56's Mom"

Proud mother of Eric and Ian
    "I love, love, love my sons"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    "My sons are the loves of my life"
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Oct 2009 11:41 AM
    Personally, I would wait until you have the EXACT address, including company & hall. Just think if you are stationed to Cape May, in the mailroom and suddenly 1 or 2 companies worth of postal mail shows up with no company name, no hall, they have no idea where to start looking. You have 8 recruit classes there at any given time, let's go with a middle of the road side for class numbers of 65 in each... Would you want to figure out where SR Steve Jones is in the midst of 520 recruits??????????

They know they aren't getting letters anytime soon, they are too busy the first week to 10 days anyway to even miss it too much. Just wait, you'll find out the address when it is posted or when you get the form/welcome letter. Mail doesn't go by slow boat to China anymore so if you get the address on a Wednesday, mail letters on a Thursday, they'll have it by Monday or Tuesday. And you won't have a mailroom that's aggravated!

Just my two cents, do with it what you will.

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 10/26/2009 8:34:43 AM GMT

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    02 Nov 2009 04:19 AM
    Dear "vbebber1" :
    Our son, Ian, is starting Week 3 next week. We sent several letters to him without the Company or Hall, to the address that other members suggested.

Well, we got our first postcard and letter from Ian the other day, and he got all of our letters. They were all transferred over to him, even without the Company and Hall names. Hope this helps.

Debbie
    "Ian56's Mom"

Proud mother of Eric and Ian
    "I love, love, love my sons"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    "My sons are the loves of my life"
    evelin.1094

--
    11 Mar 2015 03:46 PM
    where does it get posted to?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement