Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
problems with e-qip employment activity
Last Post 21 Feb 2020 10:32 PM by CPORJM. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bjoyner616

--
22 Oct 2009 10:16 PM
    So while filling out my equip I keep getting an error message saying to enter in my employment activity with no breaks in the past seven years. The problem is this I have only entered in one employer so far...
    I had previously entered in all my previous jobs but it said the same exact thing even when I put in the breaks.
    I'm listing my jobs as (other) then choosing the (unemployment) option for my breaks.
    I guess my question is what am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated thank you.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    22 Oct 2009 10:41 PM
    Just keep filling it out, the error message will leave once you have entered everything from a job seven years ago to present, without any breaks of course.

It all begins February 16th 2010!

Bjoyner616

--
    22 Oct 2009 10:42 PM
    Thank you it worked
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lollipop

--
    22 Oct 2009 10:44 PM
    Try asking your recruiter. That's what my son had to do because of the error message. Try being 18 and having only held one job when they want 7 years of unbroken employment history. I think the recruiter told him to write a note in the explanation box?

Proud mom of SN Daniel Cable - ALFA 183 
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    22 Oct 2009 10:47 PM
    It will not allow you to submit it with any errors, so I am guessing that the years of work experience depends on age. If I remember correctly it is 7 years OR since 16 years of age.

Or perhaps your son was "unemployed" with an explanation to get around this error, hmmm...

It all begins February 16th 2010!

BDUB

--
    23 Oct 2009 07:34 PM
    Not to highjack the thread... but I hae a similar question regarding employment history and the E-Qip.

If you have been at an employer for 6 yrs. and been promoted during that time to different positions, do you list each position held with the same company? Or can you list the employer with your duration of employment and your current position? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    BDUB

--
    23 Oct 2009 07:35 PM
    I should also add that I have had no break in employment with the employer. Thanks again for any help.
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    23 Oct 2009 07:38 PM
    Just list the employer once, the investigators will ask the rest! List your current position.

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    BDUB

--
    23 Oct 2009 07:42 PM
    Excellent! Thanks a million Chukles!
    gonnyh409

--
    21 Feb 2020 11:12 AM
    my 17 year old daughter, soon to be 18, graduated early from High School and only had 1 job for about 5 weeks at age 17. While completing her E-qip online application for USCG service, it would not let her submit the E-Qip, because an error message stating 2 year minimum employment and continuous employment to date must be listed. We tried several methods....but found one that finally worked.
    We went into unemployment tab and clicked unemployed for 10 years with appropriate dates to present, (E-qip really wants to see that ("to present" button clicked) and then we listed in the comment section her employment information and contact info for the 5 week job she had at age 17. It worked, finished the E-qip and submitted it. Done. This is just one method to bypass the employment issues and bugs and E-Qip, if you are a high school student without work experience or very little work experience (do it this way).

Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    21 Feb 2020 10:32 PM
    Posted By gonnyh409 on 21 Feb 2020 12:12 PM
    my 17 year old daughter, soon to be 18, graduated early from High School and only had 1 job for about 5 weeks at age 17. While completing her E-qip online application for USCG service, it would not let her submit the E-Qip, because an error message stating 2 year minimum employment and continuous employment to date must be listed. We tried several methods....but found one that finally worked.
    We went into unemployment tab and clicked unemployed for 10 years with appropriate dates to present, (E-qip really wants to see that ("to present" button clicked) and then we listed in the comment section her employment information and contact info for the 5 week job she had at age 17. It worked, finished the E-qip and submitted it. Done. This is just one method to bypass the employment issues and bugs and E-Qip, if you are a high school student without work experience or very little work experience (do it this way).

Good info, but you probably should have made this a new thread, since the one you posted to was 11 years old
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement