Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MISSING PILOT -SERVICE
Last Post 30 Dec 2009 07:01 PM by Ian56's Mom. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
sunny717

--
05 Nov 2009 01:46 PM

Sunny
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    05 Nov 2009 05:38 PM
    Not to downplay a loss of a military member but you realize that was an AF pilot right? Was it someone you knew or was there another correlation to the Coast Guard besides the fact that we searched on the case. Again, not trying to take away from the memorial service as it is truly important, just trying to correlate it to the CG.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    sunny717

--
    05 Nov 2009 08:47 PM
    The first origional story had some CG search activity news.
    The AF pilot is from my home town, one of two recent pilot deaths.
    My son and him graduated a couple years appart from the same HS.
    I'll be a little more carefull.

Sunny
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    05 Nov 2009 09:16 PM
    No reason to be sorry and don't want you to think that. I wsa just trying to figure out what you were trying to present. Whether it was the CG search or the memorial service. Sounds like a hometown hero. Those always hit close to the heart.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 11/5/2009 2:19:22 PM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    30 Dec 2009 03:24 AM
    Dear "sunny717" :
    Do you know where the article might be as of today's date? I'd like to read it, but it's gone from the link and it's been quite a while since you posted this. Maybe you saved a copy somewhere?
    Thanks!

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    "My sons are the loves of my life"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    sunny717

--
    30 Dec 2009 05:30 PM
    Hi Debbie!
    Sorry, I did not save the story.
    The Asbury Park Press wants $$ for any previous publications.

Nick Giglio went to the same HS as my son but graduated a few years before.
    See:

He was one of two pilots killed this year from our hometown, (pop. 23k)
    The other pilot got killed in NY harbor when a fixed wing plane crashed into his helicopter he was piloting. All this, a couple of weeks after the airliner landed in the Hudson.
    Joe. 

http://www.joeklingner.com" target="_blank">Coastie Dad & Mom and Sunny

Sunny
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    30 Dec 2009 06:11 PM
    Joe -
    Awful, just awful. I feel so terrible for those young guys who lost their lives. I can imagine what their mothers (and families) must've gone through. Terrible. Terrible. shakehead

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    sunny717

--
    30 Dec 2009 06:42 PM
    Speculators say. . .
    Giglios fighter plane got his cockpit crushed as they were flying in formation on a windy night during training. He probably couldn't eject.
    The other plane made back to base.
    I don't know if they ever recovered the plane.
    Joe

Coastie Dad & Mom and Sunny

Sunny
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    30 Dec 2009 07:01 PM
    Oh my god, Joe -
    I'm one of those people who "visualizes" things when I hear them, and I'm imagining how he felt when his cockpit was being crushed. That is just sickening. Ay-yay-yay.

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement