Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
THANKING "HOST FAMILY" ON THANKSGIVING.........
Last Post 27 Nov 2009 05:25 AM by Ian56's Mom. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Ian56s Mom

--
25 Nov 2009 06:16 AM
    Does anyone know if there's a way in the future, that I could write to the family who's hosting Thanksgiving dinner for Ian and his shipmate? I would love for them to know how much his family appreciates them, back home. yeah

Debbie
    "Ian56's Mom"

Proud mother of Eric and Ian
    "My sons are the loves of my life"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    25 Nov 2009 12:54 PM
    If will be easy if he remembers their address...

A couple years ago, Yarborough wrote a letter to the editor of the Cape May County Herald and posted a video there. Unfortunately, the video is no longer available.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Nov 2009 01:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure the host family will allow Ian to use the phone to call you as well. So you can always ask to speak to the mom or dad and thank them at that point. I have read a few people stay in contact for years after hosting a recruit for the holidays. :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    25 Nov 2009 10:37 PM
    i wish i was doing opertion fireside this year but it isnt an option i might try for christmas i just have to make a few calls. it is great to help the recruits out when i can. that is one of the main reasons i will stop and correct a recruit if they mess up so they dont do it in front of a CC and get jacked
    DrCSK

--
    25 Nov 2009 11:00 PM
    For the record both Thanksgiving and Christmas are full for this year
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    25 Nov 2009 11:53 PM
    Thank you for all your information so far!
    I do hope Ian remembers their address.
    I will also keep listening for the phone tomorrow, in case he can call.
    I got more letters from him today, and he's doing fantastic.
    He said he should've joined the CG earlier, because he's extremely happy.

lol

Debbie
    "Ian56's Mom"

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 11/25/2009 3:57:08 PM GMT

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Nov 2009 12:26 AM
    Southern,

Why don't you just find some non-rates from the boats or something like that... They aren't recruits, but they need love & some good home cooking, too! We always had guys from the barracks to our house for holiday dinners. One Easter, we had 42 people in our house! That was the greatest holiday ever!

Our Thanksgiving in New Orleans, Jim & a few of the guys from the unit went into the city and handed out Meals on Wheels. After they handed out everything they all came back to our house, we played touch football and ate until we popped. There are lots of great things you can do without it being part of Operation Fireside if everyone is already spoken for! :)

Whatever everyone does for someone that's in the barracks is a good thing! :) If there were a base around here, I would take someone in for dinner in a heartbeat.

Macie

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    26 Nov 2009 01:53 AM
    i did last year i think for the first thanksgiving dinner my wife did we had 5 or so extra people. this year we are having dinner down the street with about 20 people in Govt housing can we say it will be packed. for christmas i would love to hook up a few recruits and i am sure i will invite a few people over but one of them has duty for christmas
    joeyiwas

--
    26 Nov 2009 04:19 PM
    I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to those who are having Thanksgiving with my daughter today in Texas!!  She and some other non-rates are going over to someone's house.  I wish I could be there ..  Happy Thanksgiving to all on this day.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    27 Nov 2009 05:25 AM
    joeyiwas said...
    I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to those who are having Thanksgiving with my daughter today in Texas!!

You are very kind for saying this. I'm sure everyone having dinner with your daughter would love you for saying this. I hope she had a good time, ate a lot, and had a really fun holiday.
    My son called me from the family he was with today. We had a real long phone call, and then he called his dad. He really enjoyed the family, and got a kick out of the 2 little boys and their toys they had there. He said the family was supernice, the teenage daughter was really nice to talk to, and that the food was excellent. The mother fixed a very traditional, good old-fashioned Thanksgiving dinner. He said he ate a lot, and was comfortable taking 2nd's. I hope your daughter had a great time, too! yeah

Debbie
    "Ian56's Mom"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement