Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
TO THE FAMILIES OF OSCAR-182...
Last Post 30 Dec 2009 04:03 PM by sfaulkner. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Ian56s Mom

--
06 Dec 2009 11:22 AM
    As most of you know, my youngest son is graduating on Dec. 11th, in OSCAR-182.

My message here, though, is to let all the families and friends of anyone in that company know, that when I spoke with Ian today (12-05-09), he said that all of the recruits were wonderful people, couldn't get any better, and that he loved getting to know every single one of them. He made a lot of friends, and will miss everyone in the company when they graduate. He just spoke very highly of every single recruit. He thought it was great getting to know the shy ones, the talkative ones, who liked eggs and milk, and who preferred chicken over fish. He said they were like a huge family, and especially at night when they had to hit the hay, it was almost like a scene out of "The Waltons", with so many people sleeping in one room who were going through that life together. Ian is very proud to know each and every one of YOUR loved ones. yeah

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    "My sons are the loves of my life"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    coasty95

--
    06 Dec 2009 12:31 PM
    I talked to our son too on the 5th. Actually about 4 times! It was great! he sent a pic of himself so I would recognize him... ha ha like I could forget! He is so excited and very proud to be part of Oscar 182. He sounded upbeat even though he lost his wisdom teeth this week. He said its all good.
    ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    09 Dec 2009 07:44 AM
    Dear "coasty95" :

Okay, right now is Dec. 8th, and there are 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL GRADUATION !!!! hop jumpin I'm catching my flight Thursday morning. Ian-baby, here I come !!!

hop jumpin tongue :p smilewinkgrin smile lol

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    10 Dec 2009 02:45 AM
    CONGRATULATIONS, OSCAR-182 !!!

I'm off to Cape May. FINALLY !!!

hop

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    10 Dec 2009 04:53 AM
    Safe Travels!

Kyle

In his life changing name God Bless!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    22 Dec 2009 09:42 AM
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE.

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 12/23/2009 5:55:29 PM GMT

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    coastiewifejenna

--
    22 Dec 2009 11:52 PM
    Merry christmas to you all. Debbie: What is ian's last name? I don't ever remember reading it.

I support Red Fridays!

MyBrotherIsACoastie

--
    23 Dec 2009 01:19 AM
    Have a great time. I know I was so anxious when Zach graduated, that was one of the best highlights of my life.

Nick
    PROUD brother of
    Zach
    Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin

Nick
    PROUD brother of
    Zach
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    23 Dec 2009 09:06 AM
    coastiewifejenna said...
    Debbie: What is ian's last name? I don't ever remember reading it.

Ian's name is on the graduation roster.
    I remember when they walked into the auditorium, that we kept waiting for him to come through the door. Recruit after recruit after recruit, came through the door and we kept waiting for Ian. It was like being at the airport terminal, waiting for the relatives to get off the plane and come through the gate. Finally, he came through the door. He was the 6th to the last recruit, and was in the very last row in back, because of his height. He was so proud, so serious, and so trained, that when he walked in front of me, he didn't even blink or wince when I yelled his name and clapped. He just kept looking straight ahead with a very serious face. Good boy!

I sent a PM to your Inbox.

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 12/23/2009 5:55:57 PM GMT

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    23 Dec 2009 09:22 AM
    MyBrotherIsACoastie said...
    Have a great time. I know I was so anxious when Zach graduated, that was one of the best highlights of my life.

Hi, Nick!
    Ian graduated on Friday, Dec. 11th. Jeez, was it cold that day! I actually got sick and had to go back to the hotel room and lay down for several hours. Ian was showing us around the base after the graduation, and I got really sick. He took me back to the hotel room and I stayed there for several hours while he went out with his dad. That evening, I was better and we switched places. I had Ian for the evening. I really liked their "WaWa" place and all the food we could buy. It was "junk food night" to celebrate, and we had a blast going around the town, eating the junk food, and watching TV in the hotel room. We tried to sit out on our balcony, but it was around 400 below zero out there, so back in the room we went. Did Ian stay up late that night? Are you kidding?! He was in bed around 10:15p, dead tired. I would really love to know that brand of ice cream at WaWa, that was chocolate truffle-peanut butter-mint. They don't have it here in California. That's a good reason for me to go back there! lol

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 12/23/2009 5:56:23 PM GMT

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    27 Dec 2009 06:33 AM
    Ian loves his station, loves the CG, loves everything about it.
    And to think I was wondering if he really knew he wanted to join the CG.
    Oh brother!

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    sfaulkner

--
    28 Dec 2009 05:06 PM
    Congratulations Debbie! i haven't been on for awhile. My son is at school in Petaluma and was not able to come home for Christmas. We spoke to him several times and his spirits were good. he even had work detail on Christmas Eve and was digging a ditch with a buddy! Said he didn't mind! I miss my boy!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ian56s Mom

--
    29 Dec 2009 01:45 AM
    sfaulkner said...
    ...he even had work detail on Christmas Eve and was digging a ditch with a buddy! Said he didn't mind!

Dear "sfaulkner" :
    I know what you mean. Ian's told me about things he's done and loved every minute of it, but yet he would've looked at me funny if I asked him to do those things at home! Like one of the CC's said at graduation after we saw the short film: "All of you need to thank us, because what all of you have had trouble teaching them for at least 18 years, we've been able to teach them in just 8 weeks". I remember everyone was laughing and cheering when he said this.
    lol

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"

Debbie
    "Ian56's mom"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    sfaulkner

--
    30 Dec 2009 04:03 PM
    Debbie, i remember Sean's CC saying that I would have him home for five days and that he would cook me breakfast, clean and do whatever I asked him to do with a smile and if he didn't he would give me his number and he could revisit boot! Sean never gives me dirty looks, I will remember that one!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement