Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
BM questions answered here
Last Post 22 Jan 2010 09:48 PM by gnifrus. 44 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
boatforces

--
29 Dec 2009 10:38 PM
    If you have questions about the BM rating feel free to post them here. I'll give you the straight scoop on what it is we do and what to expect if you think you want to be a BM.

BM1 sends...

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 12/29/2009 3:44:09 PM GMT

LostSnake18

--
    30 Dec 2009 03:49 AM
    How much law enforcement work would you say on average most BM's do?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Dec 2009 11:24 AM
    Whatever BM's do MK's do with style.

"When you fall on your face you are still moving forward."

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    boatforces

--
    30 Dec 2009 08:41 PM
    Depends on the unit type, but you'll eventually be required to become a Boarding Team Member and then Boarding Officer. Once you start climbing in the ranks the BO certification becomes pretty important (especially if you want to command a unit). Some units do more LE activities in one month than others will do in a year. If you're looking for LE go to a cutter or station in Florida. Those guys are busy all year.

In the CG you're either a Boatswains Mate or you work for one

boatforces

--
    30 Dec 2009 08:42 PM
    And my new tag line is for you Gears. :)

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Dec 2009 11:50 PM
    Rocket Monkey Dishwasher, Boatforces.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    31 Dec 2009 06:18 AM
    boatforces said...
    And my new tag line is for you Gears. :)
    it doesnt get much trueir then this.  if you want to find a BM without asking look for a 1st walking around with a coffee in his hand and your probably found them. 

have to make a joke or two about a BM.  it is a good thing you are doing here Boatforces
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    31 Dec 2009 08:27 AM
    Why would anyone want to be a BM?  ;)

Just Kidding

OS3 Husband
    Sector St. Petersburg, FL

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    31 Dec 2009 11:10 AM
    It's because someone lied to them. ; )

boatforces

--
    01 Jan 2010 09:04 PM
    Hey Gears, don't be hating on BM's. It's not my fault you're not sexy enough to be a Boatswains Mate. Now go fix something.

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Jan 2010 12:10 AM
    I would have gone BM, but I forgot to bring my crayons when I took the ASVAB. I think this message board could use a coat of paint.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    02 Jan 2010 02:37 AM
    lol, crayons, more like you forgot the coffee and PSX 1000 :D

OS3 Husband
    Sector St. Petersburg, FL

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Jan 2010 01:44 PM
    You don't have to pipe a BM, just turn on the coffee pot. It's like a BM dinner bell.

boatforces

--
    02 Jan 2010 02:20 PM
    You can take my life, but you'll never take my coffee!!!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    02 Jan 2010 09:21 PM
    HAHA this is great!

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Jan 2010 11:40 PM
    Picture this...

Boatforces standing atop a hill with a paint can in one hand and a "Turbo Chug" size coffee mug in the other. Holding the mug overhead in act of pure defiance, "You can take my life, but you'll never take my coffee!"

The CO walks by, "Just make another pot."

Oh, BMs will you ever learn?

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    03 Jan 2010 12:44 AM
    Swab? Oh, you mean the stuff you wipe up coffee with?

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Jan 2010 01:28 AM
    Bored, you are clearly a prime candidate to become a BM.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    03 Jan 2010 02:45 AM
    No thanks, coffee is nothing but burnt milk to me.

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Jan 2010 04:19 AM
    Yet to a BM it's Ambrosia. If you like drinking Tang you could be an ET.

King Of The Quills

--
    03 Jan 2010 06:43 PM
    But BM can be fun if you like to think you have an important job. The most useful thing i ever saw a BM do was complain about how they wish they could of been a YN. The thrill of caps lock being on and having to retype a memo is what keeps me on edge. And there is always the low toner issue.
    CHEER UP 1500 WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT!!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    03 Jan 2010 07:15 PM
    Quills. What's your Avatar? Looks like Poseidon and some writing. A unit you're at?

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Jan 2010 09:43 PM
    Quills, You just inspired me to switch rates. Scrambling across the office to clear paper jams in the copier, providing first aid for carpal tunnel syndrome, and leaving work early every time the office runs out of pens. But, then I don't know if I could handle being a part of that action.

Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    04 Jan 2010 12:12 AM
    Be nice to the people who handle your pay!

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    04 Jan 2010 12:16 AM
    I agree Chuck, the ones that prepare your food should also be paid proper tribute.

King Of The Quills

--
    04 Jan 2010 02:17 AM
    CSA YANK, its a cool pic i found on line. http://www.rexmwess.com/cgpatchs/h3738/p3815.jpg

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    04 Jan 2010 03:33 AM
    This should be your icon Quills.

Edited for size.
    <!-- Edit -->

Moderator Edit : 1/4/2010 8:06:29 PM GMT

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    04 Jan 2010 03:35 AM
    Or, we can try it this way...

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TXCG09

--
    04 Jan 2010 11:54 AM
    Lmao you guys are great! I have no problems with any of the ratings. I came from a station as a FN I respected the MK world and my role model was a BM1. I must say the BM's are ALWAYS the cocky ones in the guard. OH and boatforces, your little tag there would be right unless you were working at an MSU haha. We're all in the same Coast Guard so I have no hatred for any of em. Of course I am sure I'm going to get some interesting feedback here me being a duck scrubber and all.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    04 Jan 2010 12:23 PM
    Duck Scrubbers, Paper Pushers, Knuckle Dragging BMs (*cough boatforces *cough), those awesome, sturdy, ever vigilant MKs who maintain the fleet are all essential to the CG mission.

You are right about BMs, a god-complex is issued at BM "A" school now, at least that's what I've heard.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement