Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
ET-ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN
Last Post 25 Feb 2020 02:09 PM by CCCSD. 66 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
SpiralOut46

--
22 Feb 2020 10:05 AM
So it's mostly a 8-4 kind of gig? How much of it is school and how much of it is work? Do they expect you to do homework at home? I wouldn't mind except that I'm not the typical student with a wife and kid at home to take care of.
Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
23 Feb 2020 11:45 AM
Posted By SpiralOut46 on 22 Feb 2020 11:05 AM
So it's mostly a 8-4 kind of gig? How much of it is school and how much of it is work? Do they expect you to do homework at home? I wouldn't mind except that I'm not the typical student with a wife and kid at home to take care of.
Just so you're  aware, your family is not going to be moved with you when you go to A school.  This is what's known as a TDY (Temporary Duty) assignment, which does not entitle you to having your family moved at Government expense.  Once you graduate A school, you will have PCS (Permanent Change of Station) orders, which entitle you to a move at Government expense.  The only A schools that issue PCS orders are the aviation ones, due to length of the course.  I'm not aware of any others.

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
23 Feb 2020 08:33 PM
Actually chief since ET A school is 28 weeks long dependents are authorized to be relocated to Petaluma at government expense. Married students can live in on base housing if available as well as on the economy.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
23 Feb 2020 08:42 PM
Posted By jdhusker on 23 Feb 2020 09:33 PM
Actually chief since ET A school is 28 weeks long dependents are authorized to be relocated to Petaluma at government expense. Married students can live in on base housing if available as well as on the economy.

Thanks for the update!
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
SpiralOut46

--
25 Feb 2020 09:03 AM
We're hoping they have room for us on base, but I don't mind commuting. Snoopy's Home Ice is in Santa Rosa anyway and I'm gonna need to play a little stick and puck here and there.

My question(s) still stands though:

How much of it is school and how much of it is work? Do they expect you to do homework at home?

Either way: I appreciate your responses and I'm grateful for your help.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
25 Feb 2020 11:04 AM
I don't think I ever went to a school in the CG that didn't require work outside of class. You'll have exams and you won't be given time to study for them in class. Understand the whole focus of A school is to graduate you as a 3rd Class Petty Officer with a basic proficiency in your rating. There is no way you're going to be able to accomplish this in eight hours a day of class. I hate to say this, but of your family is going to be that much of a distraction, then don't bring them, or choose a rating with a shorter A school.
Basic Member
Basic Member
CCCSD

--
25 Feb 2020 02:09 PM
What the Chief just said. It’s not 8-5, it’s much more.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement