Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MK-MACHINERY TECHNICIAN
Last Post 28 Jan 2019 11:37 AM by reiss_pieces11. 98 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234
Author Messages
hooligan

--
06 Apr 2016 12:21 AM
I was an MK, boarding officer, ran loads of sar cases, and only met one coxswain qualified MK during my time in service. It is possible to become a coxswain as an MK, but boatswains mates hold the vast majority of all coxswain qualifications, and qualification exams, practical knowledge, practical tests, for coxswain are all run by Boatswains Mates, so they qualify their own first, usually. The good part about your troubles is that you'll be able to meet and see both groups in action, so you'll be able to make a well informed decision beforehand. Work hard, good things will happen.
Basic Member
Basic Member
disciplecore

--
17 Jan 2017 07:29 PM
Is Class rank in mk a school still based on your previos set of marks?
 What about prior service do those marks count? Like prior pettyofficer seperation marks?
"The only easy day was yesterday"
Dmangano144

--
02 Feb 2017 01:33 PM
Does anyone happen to know a current wait time for a school to be an mk? And what's up with the guaranteed a school thing? I'm planning on enlisting this year once I get my finances straight and I've read that you need to wait 6 months to be able to get put on list, so if your in the guaranteed program will you go right after 6 months?
Basic Member
Basic Member
disciplecore

--
02 Feb 2017 02:26 PM
Posted By Dmangano144 on 02 Feb 2017 02:33 PM
Does anyone happen to know a current wait time for a school to be an mk? And what's up with the guaranteed a school thing? I'm planning on enlisting this year once I get my finances straight and I've read that you need to wait 6 months to be able to get put on list, so if your in the guaranteed program will you go right after 6 months?

0-3 months if you are in the fleet as a nonrate.
You have to wait 4 months and be qualified and get the commands approval to put your name on the list.

Since it was critical and they offer a $5,000 bonus for obligated service after a school you should be able to go to mk a school right out of bootcamp, but you have to get that authorized by the recruiting command.

https://www.uscg.mil/epm/docs/A-SchoolList.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiq3uLbq_LRAhUV62MKHYk0B04QFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNH-w-Um3P5ZOriJsAyNF895gj9y

^^^^ updated a school list posted monthly.
Dmangano144

--
02 Feb 2017 08:09 PM
Thanks for the info man i appreciate it! Ive got a little bit of time before i can enlist ive gotta get my truck paid off to meet the debt to income ratio due to me having both my truck loan and wifes car loan.
Basic Member
Basic Member
disciplecore

--
02 Feb 2017 08:42 PM
Posted By Dmangano144 on 02 Feb 2017 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info man i appreciate it! Ive got a little bit of time before i can enlist ive gotta get my truck paid off to meet the debt to income ratio due to me having both my truck loan and wifes car loan.

Check out this it should help.

For those of you coming back in and those that are already in. You are eligible under the service members civil relief act. It deals with tons of incentives to you and your dependents. naming a few are to lower you interest rates to 6% coming in. I did this my first enlistment and the bank actually had to backpay me all the over interest that was over six percent . I received a few thousand dollar check and interest rates dropped. RENT, INSTALLMENT CONTRACTS, MORTGAGES, LIENS, ASSIGNMENT, LEASES to name a few. Check it out and talk to one of your yeoman or a a senior enlisted  member about it. Or message me. 

§ 3937. Maximum rate of interest on debts incurred before military service
(a) Interest rate limitation

(1) Limitation to 6 percent

An obligation or liability bearing interest at a rate in excess of 6 percent per year that is incurred by a servicemember, or the servicemember and the servicemember’s spouse jointly, before the servicemember enters military service shall not bear interest at a rate in excess of 6 percent

Goodluck and in my opinion pay off the credit card aka charge card fast and destroy it.... 

https://www.servicememberscivilreliefact.com/faqs/

http://militaryverification.com/scra-index/
lapo1995

--
06 Jan 2019 03:02 AM
Is possible be in a land unit or a small boat unit as an MK? There is any consideration at the job if you are married or the Coast Guard doesn't matter about it?
Trusted Member
Gears

--
09 Jan 2019 07:46 AM
MKs are stationed everywhere in the CG. I've been afloat, ashore, Patrol Boats, big Cutters, small boat station, recruiting, and now a Sector. Your marital status is not taken into consideration, but you do have some say in where want to go.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
reiss_pieces11

--
28 Jan 2019 11:37 AM
So because my SO is going to be putting his name on MK A School soon, I was just curious about a day at MK A School. What time do classes start/ end? I've heard that they get liberty around 1600 for the day (unless they are standing duty). Are there any PT tests during MK A School? Times when the class has to do PT? Thanks!
Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement