Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
AET-AVIONICS ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
Last Post 06 Feb 2018 07:25 PM by Jchilds7. 93 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Trusted Member / Administrator
chukles

--
10 Jan 2010 12:09 AM
    AVIONICS ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (AET)

To view a video of this rate, click here.

AETs inspect, service, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair avionics systems that perform communications, navigation, collision avoidance, target acquisition, and automatic flight-control functions. In addition, they inspect, service, maintain, troubleshoot and repair aircraft batteries, AC and DC power generation, conversion and distribution systems, as well as the electrical control and indication functions of all airframe systems, including hydraulics, flight control, landing gear, fuel, environmental control, power plant, drive train, anti-ice, and fire detection. AETs perform ground handling and servicing of aircraft, and conduct routine aircraft inspections and aviation administrative duties. They will also fill aircrew positions such as navigator, flight mechanic, radio operator, sensor systems operator, and basic aircrewman.

Types of Duty:

AETs are stationed at large and small Coast Guard air stations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, and may be assigned to the Polar Operations Division in Mobile, AL, in support of icebreaking operations. They work on HC-130H (Hercules), HU-25A (Falcon), HH-60J (Jayhawk), and HH-65A (Dolphin) aircraft.

Training Available:

AET 'A' School teaches the Avionics Electrical Technician students entry level skills, knowledge, and concepts required to inspect, service, and maintain aircraft electrical, communication, navigation, auto flight, and sensor systems, as well as the electrical control and indication functions of all airframe systems including hydraulic, flight control, landing gear, fuel, environmental control, power plant, drivetrain, anti-ice and fire detection; fabricate and repair cables and wire harnesses; perform corrosion control and aviation administrative record keeping.

Qualifications:

Proficiency in solving practical mathematical problems, a high degree of electrical and mechanical aptitude, and school courses in algebra, trigonometry, physics, electricity and mechanics are extremely useful, as is experience in the electrical field. The member must pass an aircrew-candidate physical and qualify for a secret security clearance.

Related Civilian Jobs:

Aircraft Electrician or Ground Handler
    Avionics Technician or Instructor
    General/Commercial Aircraft Avionics Inspector

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    chukles

--
    10 Jan 2010 12:10 AM
    Posted from old AET thread;

TuckMan
    Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009
    Total Posts : 13 Posted Today 2:24 AM (GMT -5)
    Does anyone know how long the AET A School waiting list is these days? Last I heard is was 12-18 months. Recruiters?

southern118
    Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
    Total Posts : 1099 Posted Today 7:11 AM (GMT -5)
    it says 6-9 months if i remember right. if you have your flight physical you probably could be out in less then a year to the airman program

TuckMan
    Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009
    Total Posts : 13 Posted Today 1:24 PM (GMT -5)
    Thats good news thanks!

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    09 Feb 2010 06:09 AM
    Chuckles,
    I didn't realize you were AET. Would you mind posting what you think about AET rating... maybe some of these questions:
    Why you picked it, what you loved and hated about it, best mission you went on, pretty much why it's better than any other rate :)
    chukles

--
    10 Feb 2010 12:23 AM
    AET2b, Thanks for asking!! I have given a lot of advice on these boards but never (that I remember) talked about my rate.

Why did I pick the rate?

I picked the rate for an unusual reason. Having prior USAF experience on jet fighters as an aircraft armament systems technician, I was able to work with electrical and mechanical issues involving aircraft. When I hit my 20's, I started flying privately (no longer fly private) and became familiar with electronics from the user standpoint. Fast forward to USCG, I decided to learn how the electronics I used worked, so I became a tweet (AET).

I absolutely love the rate and the jobs entailed. When introduced to a multiple system issue that ties together it makes me smile and I start my trouble shooting. Always feel good when I can figure out an issue and get a plane back on the line ready for SAR, etc.

Some of the things I dislike about my job are not as much the job, rather my physical limitations in older age. Some of the awkward positions I am in to get to a specific section of the aircraft can get painful after an hour or so. Working on a propeller issue in Attu Alaska in -70 temps with wind chill was a bit difficult as well. Would I trade it for anything else? Absolutely not! It has been an awesome ride!

Best mission I went on? Everyone of them that got me airborne!! I don't feel right attached to the earth... When the gear is up, all is well! I have had some great experiences flying in the CG. Some of the more memorable ones were a Pacific ocean "fly the flag" deployment landing on most of the islands in the pacific, i.e Guam, Hawaii, Kwajalien, Samoa, Truk island, Palmyra, Palau, Christmas, and a couple of others in a round robin flight over a two week period! We landed in each place and spent the night!

Coolest mission was a SAR cse I was on in the mid 90's. Was searching for an overdue fishing boat and flew over this small island in the middle of the pacific, Low and behold, spelled in the sand was the word help! Tuns out we stumbled across another SAR that no one new about! Three people saved by chance and 6 more saved a few hours later!

I will never say the AET rate is better or worse than any other rate, it is what it is, a job. What I think is awesome another may gawk at. Not to get certain BM's riled up on here, but I told a BMC just 2 years ago after a ride on a 25 footer that if that boat had wings, I would have gone BM!

I am a stout airdale, always have, always will be. I turned down going back to my beloved flying when I requested a second tour in recruiting. While I love flying and fixin', I love watching people realize their dreams with the CG just a little bit more!!

To curb my flying bug, (and to show my nerd side), I am currently preparing to build a full motion flight simulator in my garage of a Lear Jet 45. It is a scaled model with full flight deck, panels, switches and all. When complete, it will use three short throw projectors on a rounded screen giving a 200 degree field of view out of the flight deck. The flight deck is running 5 Monitors (1 touch screen). The system is powered by 5 computers to run the whole setup! So while I am not in the air, I am still fully submersed in my flying!

Thanks for asking!!

Vr,
    Chuck

Recruiting Website

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 2/9/2010 5:32:11 PM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    10 Feb 2010 01:06 AM
    That was great Chuck, that is exactly what I was looking for. I can definently tell you had and have a strong passion for flight.

I am going to do everything in my power to make it to flight training, and I have a PPL and can really see how learning the AET rate would really prepare someone for a pilot spot in the future. I too have a passion for everything and anything flight related!

I just don't know if the growing wait list and long wait time for AET will be to my disadvantage in the long run making it into ocs vs picking another rate say BM where I can basicly jump right in and make E5 faster.

I know what you mean about going BM, I was operating a 25' trophy in the San Juan Islands, WA and I could see my self having a lot of fun in the CG as a BM.

I guess I am still undetermined and I really hope to have a chance to see both sides where ever I get stationed in D11.

Do you have any advice for me with these two diffrent rates in regardes of making it to OCS/Flight training???
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Feb 2010 11:54 AM
    chukles said...
    Was searching for an overdue fishing boat and flew over this small island in the middle of the pacific, Low and behold, spelled in the sand was the word help! Tuns out we stumbled across another SAR that no one new about! Three people saved by chance and 6 more saved a few hours later!

That is hands down one of the best sea stories I've ever heard. BZ Chukles!

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    devins_love

--
    13 May 2010 01:07 AM
    What's the aircrew-candidate physical entail?

Chianne
    Wife of an FN
    Astoria, OR! CGC Steadfast with TAD on CGC Alert

chukles

--
    13 May 2010 01:30 AM
    Google "class 2 flight physical" It is a fairly in depth physical, usually over a two day period. Blood work, eyes, hearing, xrays, etc.

Vr,
    Chuck

Recruiting Website

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 May 2010 02:52 PM
    Chuck, isn't the AET phsyical usually conducted while they are sitting on a couch, playing xbox?

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." - Deep Thought by Jack Handey

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    chukles

--
    13 May 2010 04:34 PM
    lol,

thats working hours,

Vr,
    Chuck

Recruiting Website

devins_love

--
    19 May 2010 01:52 AM
    Oh shoot then maybe that's not what Devin wants to do...he doesn't like xbox!
    Hubby's almost positive he wants to do this, but he's going to be underway for awhile so I'm doing the research and emailing the details lol.
    Once he's back on land, he got approved to go to the air station here and shadow the AET's for a week to make sure.

Chianne
    Wife of an FN
    Astoria, OR! CGC Steadfast with TAD on CGC Alert

jwmurff

--
    06 Aug 2010 06:35 PM
    other than the class two physical, what are the physical qualifications you have to meet? I heard it was a 500 meter swim amongst other tests, is this true just to be AET?
    sjd22

--
    01 Dec 2010 11:52 AM
    What do AET's usually do when they are out of the Coast Guard? Can you provide yourself with a good living? I'm shipping on Jan 4 as an E-3 and want to get my name on an A-School list ASAP. I'm looking at IS right now, because I know I can get the clearance, I already have a secret level and a spotless record. On top of that it seems like I'd enjoy it. But AET or AMT just looks like it's ****ing cool. I have 61 credits toward an Engineering degree, and have an understanding of mechanics and electricity with an interest in both. But I want to make sure I'll be able to provide for the family I one day hope to have when I'm done.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    26 Dec 2010 06:57 PM
    chukles that is something that I, as well as probably everyone else didnt know about you. is it safe to assume you got your fixed wing PPL or did you get anywhere past that?

coolest stuff ive heard on this website so far, thanks for sharing. i was gonna go full commercial rotary wing in the private sector, but senate just amended the post 911 GI bill to put a max cap on annual tuition at 17500, which no longer makes flight training completely free, so since im broke and in debt its gonna wait until im old, and can drop a few 10,000s on a rotary wing PPL.

respect
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    15 Feb 2011 05:12 AM
    SO I had some questions on this after discussions in various other topics. I did a bit of research and it took me awhile to find where AET A school would be held and how long it lasted. What I did find is that there's some 4 month trial period (which I'm not sure if this is your 4 months of Non-rate duty or not) then your CO has to recommend you for AET school.

First question there is I'm assuming you'd want to let your CO know relatively early that you were possibly wanting AET?

Next I found that the A school was in Elizabeth Town, NC and was 5 months long. As I'll be married at the time, is that a long enough term to have my future spouse move with me? Or will she stay wherever my last duty station was?

Then I guess my last question would be at what point would the flight crew physicals take place? Before A school I would assume, but at what point?
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    16 Feb 2011 12:40 PM
    Elizabeth City, NC  
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    17 Feb 2011 12:17 AM
    The 4 month "trial" period you are talking about is called the airman program. Basically, bootcamp is to make you nautical, to get you in to the swing of boats. If you are like me you will be stationed on a WMEC and boats will be your life. Well, the airman program is to train you on aircraft and airstation procedures. All the little stuff you have to know before you ever even could think about getting advanced training. So the way it will work, boot camp, then your first duty station. Once you are at your first station you will bust your butt to get qualified in everything you need and after a minimum of 4 months, you can put your name on an A school list. At that point your CO will know your intentions, as will everyone else on your boat. You have to route a chit that takes care of all of it. Don't worry, this is all stuff you will have to learn at your unit. Once the chit is routed, your HS will work with you to decide on when to schedule a flight physical. This can take a while as they are expensive and in depth. I was on my HS1 pretty close and I got it done pretty early. This will involve blood work, eye tests, chest x rays and a slew of other stuff including an EKG. Then part 2 is an interview and physical with your actual doctor. Once the physical is approved and your security clearance is approved you will just wait until your name comes up and receive orders. At that point, if you are married, you will receive TDY orders to E City, NC for the duration of the class. These are temporary and mean the CG will not be paying for your family to move with you. Once school is done, you get new orders, and move yourself and your family to wherever your new duty station is.

Something I forgot, 4 months prior to your class convening date is when you will begin the airman program. You will be moved to the nearest airstation with a vacancy on PCS orders. (Permanent Change of Station) Your family will move with you for the airman program. THEN, after you complete the airman syllabus, you will route another chit I assume and be sent to the actual A school class. Hope this helps!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    17 Feb 2011 05:33 AM
    Thank you! So trying to make sure I'm understand... my family would move to the Air Station that I am at for the 4 month period, but not for the actual A School?

And my mistake pepper. My fiancée was laughing at me a few months ago when I kept saying BC was in Mayport. So close... yet so far.
    Guardians_Girl

--
    17 Feb 2011 01:25 PM
    So after there name is placed on the waiting list (after the four month required at their first station), do they remain at their first station until they receive their orders to A-School (which I read was a 10-12 month waiting period)?? I'm trying to decide if I should move to where my coastie is going to be sent after boot camp or if I should wait until he gets his "permanent station" after A-School. I heard the waiting list can take over a year and I'm not sure I want to be away from him for that long. :-(
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    18 Feb 2011 05:30 PM
    Eoghan,
    Once your name comes up for the airman program you and your family will move to the airstation. Then after you complete the airman program you will move to E city for A school by yourself. The reason for this is that it is expensive to move a family just to move them again, the only A schools that the CG will pay to move a family for are ET and IT due to them being over 20 weeks in length. AET is 19 weeks if I remember correctly so you just have to do it alone. It sucks but it isn't too bad, just like getting underway for most of us. I will be leaving a wife and newborn when I head out.

Guardian's_Girl,
    After their name is on the list, they will remain at their first station until they are transferred into the airman program. Airman program orders arrive approximately 4 months prior to the actual A school convening date. Keep in mind that the 10-12 month wait is for fully qualified people. You still have to get your security clearance and flight physicals approved before you can go to school so it could be longer. I would plan on more like 18-24 months for airman orders. Also, if they get stationed somewhere that is co located with an airstation or has one nearby, that is most likely where his airman program will be, so he may not even move. Also, there are only something like 17 airstations in the CG, so odds of him returning to the airstation he completed the airman program at are much higher than say a BM or MK returning to their original cutter. He can plan on two years at his first station before airman orders without even a worry right now. There are about 200 people on the list and taking approximately 24 people every other month, do the math. Hope this helps!
    Guardians_Girl

--
    18 Feb 2011 07:07 PM
    Yes this helps loads!  Thanks.  Very insightful.  I'll talk to him about it tomorrow.  He gets his On-base liberty phone call tomorrow.  :-D

Two more weeks Mike-184!!!!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    19 Feb 2011 10:39 AM
    Thanks Cougar. I suppose it's something good to know and be prepared for.
    dtshepherd

--
    08 Mar 2011 02:05 PM
    I'm going AET, currently, I'm on a cutter. Is there anything i could study or look into before going to the Airman program to pass the time and to learn skills that can help me get ahead when I'm in a school?
    jdrummens

--
    12 Mar 2011 07:02 PM
    I am still a bit confused on if my wife will be moving to the airstation with me when I get accepted into the airman program, since the orders are TDY, and then move again after I complete AET school.  Could you tell me if she will be moving to the airstation with me during the 4 month airman program?

Thanks
    beckonator

--
    18 Apr 2011 02:28 PM
    I'm leaving for the AN program next month mine happens to be in E-City where school is so my wife will move with me to the An program and we'll just stay there for school. Now if your AN program is located elsewhere she will move with you to your AN program and then you will move by yourself to A school and stay in the barracks typically your AN program is the closest air station to where your currently stationed.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    21 Apr 2011 05:03 PM
    I'm going AET, currently, I'm on a cutter. Is there anything i could study or look into before going to the Airman program to pass the time and to learn skills that can help me get ahead when I'm in a school?

Go to the CGPortal and search for the Airman Program syllabus, that should help.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2bKnbb

--
    09 Jun 2011 02:47 PM
    I was wondering about how the classes are scheduled? Where would be about to find a list of classes for 2012? Do they have classes in the winter time or during the holidays?
    You are only as strong as you appear to be
    jwmurff

--
    27 Jun 2011 07:12 PM
    Hey Im currently waiting to get my orders for a school. I have my sec clearance and have completed my physical, just waiting for final approval. Im thinking about taking my family with me to a school and getting a cheap apartment. Do we have normal liberty? Like, every evening and expire in the morning? And on the weekends? How does that work?
    cecilomar

--
    20 Aug 2011 04:08 PM
    I am stationed at Boston, MA. I suppose they will send me to Airsta Cape Cod for the Airman Program because is the nearest one. After that, I will be going to A-School. I've been told (and read here) that after A-School I will probably be sent back to the same Airtation...

But, what if I want to work with the HH-65 "Dolphin"? There is only HH-60 "Jayhawks" at Cape Cod. Is there any way I can have a word on what airframe I want to be proficient at? Is there any way I can request a different air station for my 4 moths Airman Program?

Thank you.
    AET2

--
    02 Sep 2011 08:36 PM
    Cecilomar,

This is how it works.

1. Go to Airman Program. (Usually the nearest one to your current unit, but not always.)
    2. After Airman Program: If single PCS to A-School. If married TDY to A-School. (Keep in mind that I have seen singles get TDY also.)
    3. At A-school you will get to choose 2 airstations you would like to go to. Your class rank determines whether your choice will be available to choose from.
    4. After graduation: If you PCS'd to A-school, you will PCS to your assigned airstation. If you TDY'd to A-School you will return to your Airman Program airstation and then PCS to your assigned airstation from there.

It doesn't matter where you do your Airman Program. What I mean is, if you go to Cape Cod that does not mean you will be stuck on 60's.
    If you want to work on 65's, you need to do real good at A-School so you can be at the top of your class. This will give you more choices when "picks" time comes.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement