Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
AMT-AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Last Post 08 Mar 2018 08:37 PM by sako_hopar. 119 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
05 Oct 2012 07:07 PM
I deleted them. Spreading rumors that will cause panic, with no official guidance to back up the claims is irresponsible.
You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
05 Oct 2012 07:10 PM
Oh, and the source of the rumor is irrelevant.
nickg

--
06 Oct 2012 10:54 AM
As I wait for school I would like to get a head start on learning. I know most manuals in aviation are airframe specifice but is there anything similar to the boat crew seamanship manual for aviation?

Thank you!
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
06 Oct 2012 12:33 PM
If you look up the EPQs for AMT, it will list all of the references for each practical factor. That's a great place to start.
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ejhcougar

--
07 Oct 2012 04:38 PM
The only thing you could possibly get a head start on is the airman syllabus an most of that can't be done without having the planes in front of you. The rest of quals are all airframe specific and some even model specific. Not to mention you will probably forget a lot of it at 5 months or A school or be switched to a different airframe than where you did your airman program. Try to find the airman syllabus and start looking up things that are in there. You can find it on the portal. Also, the aviation bible so to speak is the NAVAIR 505-1. Basically every type of maintenance we do can be found in there. Good luck!
nickg

--
09 Oct 2012 08:24 PM
Thank you
Basic Member
Basic Member
rfail1988

--
12 Oct 2012 10:14 PM
http://www.tracenpetaluma.com/tqc/a...?cc=501057 no longer an unconfirmed rumor... The only convening date for FY13 for AMT is the 22nd of this month.
nickg

--
13 Oct 2012 01:31 AM
That's said that for a few months now. And it's better than nothing
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
13 Oct 2012 07:46 AM
Posted By rfail1988 on 12 Oct 2012 11:14 PM
http://www.tracenpetaluma.com/tqc/a...?cc=501057 no longer an unconfirmed rumor... The only convening date for FY13 for AMT is the 22nd of this month.

This confirms nothing. Until the budget is passed, not many schools will be able to plan their classes out very far in advance.
camjohnson89

--
11 Apr 2013 03:48 PM
Do any aviators really believe waiting 3 years or possibly your whole enlistment (4 years) as a nonrate to get orders for AMT or AET is really worth it? Would it be smarter to perhaps learn another field while you're in then get out and go to a private school for aviation?
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
11 Apr 2013 03:55 PM
Can you afford private school for aviation?
Sector NY, Staten Island
camjohnson89

--
11 Apr 2013 04:00 PM
Maybe not private school but one like say, Embry Riddle. I know the Post 911 covers a 4 year degree in Aviation Maintenance or a related field.
Someyoungguy

--
18 Jun 2013 02:04 PM
Does anyone know why a bunch of names were removed from the list for this months updated list? The new 15 June list that just came out a bunch of names were removed.
blitzburgh

--
18 Jun 2013 02:09 PM
If you were on an aviation list and you didn't have your intial flight physical scheduled or if yours expired and it had been 2 months you got kicked off the list. It says it in red highlight towards the top of the a school list.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
18 Jun 2013 02:55 PM
A little clarification - If you are scheduled to have your flight physical within 2 months, you were allowed to remain on the list. If you have nothing scheduled, and it said "NPY" next to the name, you were removed. You will not be put back on the A School list until you have a completed physical. Also, if your physical was expired, you were removed from the list until such time you can retake the physical.

Blitzburgh, the one part of your sentence about 2 months was choppy and hard to understand. Otherwise, spot on.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Someyoungguy

--
20 Jun 2013 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info guys. But i'm pretty sure the yearly flight physical is supposed to update every year for the annual PHA physical. So thats why i'm confused.
And if there is a chance of getting back on the list can I get back into the same wait number i was at or do i start over on the list.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
20 Jun 2013 05:25 PM
My understanding you start over again. Please talk to your Yeoman, they will be up to date on the latest information with all that is going on.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
Lance

--
20 Jun 2013 07:08 PM
Heres the scope...

Lets say your name gets taken off any of the aviation ratings for having a NPY hold longer then 2 months. Get your flight physical completed and once the clinic puts you into AERO your name will be put back on the list at the number it was taken off at.
Someyoungguy

--
21 Jun 2013 08:37 AM
Thanks again. I'll try to find out more.
Basic Member
Basic Member
NargilFenris

--
21 Jun 2013 09:45 AM
I looked into it and outside of talking to a detailer or "A" school instructor just from looking at the language they use it would seem to me you would have to start over on the list. In the "A" school message they use the term removed, not placed on hold if you fail to get the physical done in time. The only other time they use the term removed is when referering to getting tossed off the list for NJPs and court martials. In both cases with those you have to start over.
If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
21 Jun 2013 09:48 AM
I'm not sure that Lance's information is completely correct.

"MEMBER'S WITHOUT A VALID FLIGHT PHYSICAL WILL BE REMOVED FROM THEIR RESPECTIVE "A" SCHOOL LIST. IF MEMBER'S ON AN "A" SCHOOL LIST HAVE A FLIGHT PHYSICAL SCHEDULED, THERE WILL BE A 2 MONTH GRACE PERIOD TO PRODUCE A FLIGHT PHYSICAL OR HAVE THEIR NAME REMOVED."

There is nothing in that statement saying you will go back on the list in the place in which you were removed from. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... if you were on an A School list and were removed for NPY, check, double check, triple check with your Yeoman as to what the deal is once your flight physical is confirmed and in the system. The idea of going back to where you were on the list, that just sounds really incorrect to me. I did double check this with a Yeoman myself, and it was interpreted the same way. There is no mention of going back to where you were on the list.

Lance, if you have something else saying that and it is authorized for internet release, by all means, please share it.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
Lance

--
21 Jun 2013 02:04 PM
It came from the Aviation Assignment officer, I know things change without notice but as of right now its that way. People are sitting on the list with NPY holds for over a year and its clogging and slowly down the lists which are now back open and in full swing again.
blitzburgh

--
22 Jun 2013 10:16 AM
As for the flight physical updating with PHA. It's the opposite. The PHA updates with the flight physical. The flight physical covers more than PHA so if you do just the PHA you will be missing things that you need for the flight physical. For example my PHA doesn't do a urinalysis, blood sample, EKG and the flight physicals hearing and eye exams are alot more intense.
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bells

--
23 Jun 2013 09:56 AM
You need to have your chain of command talk to the aviation detailers. One of our nonrates was removed from the list on accident and even though he was all good to go, we called and they said he'll go back on the list according to his signing date next month. But his stuff was all good and not lasped.
Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
23 Jun 2013 10:53 AM
Bells point just reinstates my point... Don't rely on anything you HEAR, talk to your Yeoman. Find out exactly what is happening in your particular situation.
Sector NY, Staten Island
blitzburgh

--
24 Jun 2013 12:01 PM
I've talked to 2 YN's and they both said that once you have been removed you have to start over but I also talked to a girl at a unit near me who was removed due to not having her flight physical updated and she said she was told that once she completed her flight physical she would go back to her orginal date she was added to the list.
Someyoungguy

--
26 Jun 2013 09:47 AM
The part in Red on the A school list that says "MEMBERS SHALL UPDATE THEIR ANNUAL FLIGHT PHYSICAL DURING EACH SCHEDULED PHA".
So i've already had my flight physical done 2 years ago. Last year I had my PHA physical, saved a copy of the paperwork and gave it to our HS. They said it should update my flight physical. So according to that statement my flight physical should update with every PHA. i'm almost to the bottom of this. People are still looking into it i guess.
blitzburgh

--
26 Jun 2013 01:14 PM
Did they remove your name from the list this month?
Someyoungguy

--
22 Aug 2013 02:54 PM

I got all my flight physical stuff and A school list figured out finally. I had to do another full flight physical which is only good for every year now if you are on the waiting list. Your flight physical updates your annual PHA as well. So for anyone else that got removed from the AMT list you can get back on in your original spot and possibly moved up on the list if you get this done.

So i have another question. Does anyone have any information or study material for the math test that you have to take at the airman program or in a school? I would like to see what sort of math AMT's need to know.

Basic Member
Basic Member
Lance

--
22 Aug 2013 08:11 PM
When the AN program was at the AirStations all aviations rates took the same math test. It wasn't anything to crazy, just your typical High School algebra. We also didn't allow our AST airmen to use calculators. Now that there really isn't a AN program I have no clue but I'm sure it's probably going to be similar.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement