Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
IV-INVESTIGATOR (RESERVE ONLY RATING)
Last Post 18 Jul 2019 06:46 PM by CPORJM. 38 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
28 Jun 2019 05:46 PM
Posted By stealthtt24 on 23 Jun 2019 09:29 AM
Great thank you Chief. So, does anything change In the application process because I would currently be a reservist? Also, I would already have A TS clearance, could that speed things up? Other than that, it seems pretty straight forward. I would currently be holding an job at the time of me applying. That sounds like a great schedule and is something I think that would benefit me more so than the rigid one weekend a month 2 weeks out of the year. Thank you.

I'm sorry...this question totally slipped past me. If you already hold a current TS clearance, then this would certainly speed things along. You just need to be sure it doesn't expire prior to application to CGIS.  Remember, they're only good for five years. As far as the application process goes, it's the same for AD and SELRES.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
01 Jul 2019 11:47 AM
No worries. Okay I figured as much Chief thank you.
JBoone

--
12 Jul 2019 02:59 PM
Quick question. Where would one get started trying to join the reserves as an investigator? I have been a full time LEO for 10 years, have a Bachelor's Degree and I have been assigned to a Federal Task Force for the last 8 years with a Secret Clearance through the DOJ. I have no prior military experience. I called a Reserve Recruiter and she didn't seem to be able to help me. Just looking for some guidance to get through the process.

Any intel would be greatly appreciated.
CCCSD

--
12 Jul 2019 04:21 PM
See number 3 in the thread on this page.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
12 Jul 2019 04:57 PM
Posted By JBoone on 12 Jul 2019 03:59 PM
Quick question. Where would one get started trying to join the reserves as an investigator? I have been a full time LEO for 10 years, have a Bachelor's Degree and I have been assigned to a Federal Task Force for the last 8 years with a Secret Clearance through the DOJ. I have no prior military experience. I called a Reserve Recruiter and she didn't seem to be able to help me. Just looking for some guidance to get through the process.

Any intel would be greatly appreciated.

Once the CGIS detachment decides to bring you on board, they will coordinate with the local recruiter to begin the recruitment process to bring you into the CGR.  Understand that this is not something that will go quickly, as there are effectively two parallel recruiting processes happening.  The one thing you need to find out before you do any of this is if the local CGIS detachment even has any openings (AKA billets).  Each unit only has so many billets and if they're full, you're out of luck.  Let me know where you are, and I'll get you contact info for the local detachment.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
JBoone

--
12 Jul 2019 05:28 PM
I am in Central Louisiana. Not too terribly far from New Orleans.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
13 Jul 2019 02:43 PM
Posted By JBoone on 12 Jul 2019 06:28 PM
I am in Central Louisiana. Not too terribly far from New Orleans.

Ok. So you would want to contact our Gulf Region office, located in the Hale Boggs Federal Building in NOLA.  I'll get the phone # for you next week
JBoone

--
18 Jul 2019 12:59 PM
Chief, Any luck on finding a phone number to the New Orleans Office?
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
18 Jul 2019 06:46 PM
I'll reach out to our active duty guys again tomorrow
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement