Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Breakfast at Harborview Club on Graduation Day
Last Post 25 Jan 2010 05:32 PM by queenb. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Momma Jo

--
21 Jan 2010 12:50 PM
    I have a question for anyone that has been to a graduation at Cape May.  The breakfast that they invite you to at the Harborview Club for $5.00, is this a full breakfast or breakfast sandwiches?  Just wondering because we plan to get on the road right after graduation and my husband is wondering if he should go get a big breakfast before we go to the base?  We would still attend the breakfast just to meet up with other parents etc. but he needs more than a muffin and coffee. Thanks!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    coastieproud

--
    21 Jan 2010 01:43 PM
    It was a good breakfast. A buffet style with lotws of choices. I bet he will enjoy it.

Stacy-Proud mom to Michael
     O/S schoool in Petaluma

Stacy-Proud mom to OS3 Rader
     USCG Munro-Kodiak Alaska
    katie

--
    22 Jan 2010 12:56 AM
    They had hash browns, scrambled eggs, english muffins, sausage and coffee and juice. It was a pretty good breakfast with good sized portions back in November, and probably not much has changed. My husband left full. 
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    22 Jan 2010 09:24 PM
    Thanks so much, that is plenty to fill him up. I was just worried it would be coffee and donuts/muffins. We have a 9 hour ride and our son wants to get on the road immediately after grad so thats good news. It should hold him over for a few hours anyway!! Can't wait, one week from today!!
    queenb

--
    23 Jan 2010 05:08 PM
    Momma Jo....we are so happy for you...today is the day, he gets off base leave and gets to call you all day long. Let us know how he's doing.... 9 hours, wow, where are you coming from. I am just starting to realize how lucky we are to only live 3 hours north of Cape May.   Enjoy you calls.

Kelly
    <!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 1/23/2010 6:09:01 PM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    23 Jan 2010 09:53 PM
    Kelly, We are from Northen Vermont! He has called 3 times already, so great to hear his voice. He sounds so mature! We are so excited to go to graduation. He did tell me that a Mom from Sierra 182 took his photo at their graduation yesterday so hopefully she will post it on FB and I'll get to see him....I will do the same when I am there, so if your son happens to be standing watch for Tangos graduation I might get his picture!!
    queenb

--
    24 Jan 2010 05:47 PM
    MommaJo....How great was yesterday for you. I am so happy. I am looking forward to my first phone call at the 5th week. Is there a certain time and day that they are allowed to call the first time on this 5th week. Do they notify you of a time frame, so you are home.
    Also, thanks for the picture idea. That would be wonderful if his Uniform is in a picture for all of us to see.

Thanks
    Kelly
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jan 2010 02:37 AM
    Kelly,

Week 5 calls come at very varied times. I have heard of some calls coming as earlier as Thursday, some as late as Tuesday (week 6). We received our call on Saturday morning around 11:15 am.

Some helpful info... Send him your cell phone number in a letter. Yes, he has probably dialed it a million times but probably from a speed dial or programmed number. He might actually forget it! Just in case he does, forward your house phone to your cell so no matter where he calls, it will go to your cell phone.

When he does call... this is a formal inofmational call. Don't waste your time & his by saying you love him a million times, telling him how grammy is, telling him how the dog finally learned how to drink from the toilet without slobbering... Say hello and LISTEN! He will probably talk pretty quickly, it will be noisy and he will have a lot of stuff to tell you. Keep a pencil and a piece of paper handy. When you hear where he is going you are going to have questions. We will want to answer them for you... but if you say "He is on a boat in Virginia" wow, we won't be able to help! But if you say he is on the Seneca, in Boston, Mass well then we can be a wealth of info! :)

When he is all done telling you about his station, there may be time to talk. I was literally yelling and talking like a speed talker! Colin just said "mom, lower, slower, it's all good" Then I realized I had a minute to actually talk to him. That was about it, a minute. He said he had a lot of shipmates that needed to make their calls and he wanted to let the next guy use the phone. I got in a couple of love yous and he was gone.

Scott (my boyfriend) said well???? I turned to look at him and busted out in tears. Poor Scott just said "No, no tears, you handled that so well... no tears!" LOL I was ok after a minute.

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    queenb

--
    25 Jan 2010 12:32 PM
    Macie... You are too funny.
    Thanks for all the great info.
    Kelly
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    25 Jan 2010 03:20 PM
    QueenB, Yes, Taylor called home Saturday 4 times! Great to hear his voice, he is very excited to graduate, come home for a week and report to his duty station - Miami Beach!
    We are leaving early Thursday morning to drive down to Cape May, and after grad we are jumping in the car and driving straight back - he can't wait to get home and see the pups and everyone else! We got 2 siberian husky puppies 2 months before he left so you can imagine how anxous he is to get back and see how they've grown. I got the pups so I wouldn't have the empty nest syndrom when he left, he is my youngest of 2 children. They have kept me very busy and are a lot of fun.
    queenb

--
    25 Jan 2010 05:32 PM
    MommaJo...Miami Beach...nice. I am so excited for you 3, more days. I had one of those sad moments today. My son always did all the food shopping with me, and put everything away, and today was the first time I did a big food shopping day, came home to an empty house, and then to make it worth, I thought I would do the little bit of laundry that he left in his basket before boot camp, and yes...I cried, I miss him so much, and I guess not getting a letter yet makes it a bit harder. My husband is at work, my daughter is in NY at school, and the dog is just staring at me...Oh well.

I want to hear all about the Graduation, and your trip home. Look for my son  while you are there.... he'll be the one in blue with the shaved head....lol.
    kelly
    <!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 1/25/2010 6:36:46 PM GMT

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement