Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Coast Guard Girlfriend
Last Post 16 Feb 2014 07:49 PM by Lovemycoastie. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Always In My Heart

--
30 Jan 2010 03:10 PM
    Hey Everyone.

My boyfriend left for boot camp on Tuesday and so far it has been pretty rough. I miss him like crazy. I am used to being far apart, but not being able to talk to him is the rough part. I am so proud of him and I can't wait to see him graduate in March. I have been reading everyone's forums and they have really helped, so I thought I would join!

Always In My Heart

Genesis 31:49 May the Lord watch between me and thee when we are absent one from another

Always In My Heart

Genesis 31:49 May the Lord watch between me and thee when we are absent one from another
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    30 Jan 2010 04:13 PM
    make sure to write as many letters as possible, you might not get as many letters back from him, but trust me, when he hears his name being called for mail call and sees a letter from you, its a really great feeling. welcome aboard.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

gallonofmilk

--
    30 Jan 2010 04:39 PM
    Welcome

BC date of May 11, 2010.

"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."

"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
    Always In My Heart

--
    30 Jan 2010 04:55 PM
    ezekiel97: Thank so much for the advice. I have been writing him everyday since I found out his address on the coast guard blog! :]

gallonofmilk: Thanks!

Always In My Heart

Always In My Heart

Trusted Member
    E

--
    31 Jan 2010 12:34 AM
    You can send pictures too, my girlfriend at the time wrote me in boot camp, and she would send pictures of her or things i missed, im sure on the family forum they have some good ideas. Try to let him know whats going on in the world and what you are doing. the family forum probably has some good ideas, when my mom writes me on the boat my letters consist of like 10 words after shes written me a small book. What company is he?

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

Always In My Heart

--
    31 Jan 2010 01:16 AM
    He is in Whiskey 182. Do all the pictures I send him have to be wallet sized photos? Thanks so much for all the help! I really appreciate it.

Always In My Heart

Always In My Heart

Trusted Member
    E

--
    31 Jan 2010 04:32 AM
    they have a personal section in their rack to keep stuff, my mom sent greeting cards(no sounds..if they do you have break the sound or the CC just rips the card in half to make it shutup) and the pics i were sent were 4'6 or whatever a regular photo size is. the Company Commanders we had always left our personal section alone, we put a laundry bag on top of it and they wouldn't lift it. there is the blog for each week, dont send any pictures from the blog, dont send candy or anything edible.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    31 Jan 2010 01:39 PM
    Welcome!! He's in for a hell of a ride, keep writing every day and keep your head up. It's only 8 weeks!

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Always In My Heart

--
    31 Jan 2010 02:32 PM
    ezekiel97--Thanks so much for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

CSAYank--Thanks!

Always In My Heart

Always In My Heart

curioussurfer

--
    11 May 2011 05:52 PM
    I'm so new and confused to all this, my boyfriend is in the CG boot camp but what happens after the 5 days of leave after graduation? i know he will get stationed but im starting college and wont be able to travel does he get stationed where he wants, and is there a lot of time spent away from eachother? How realistic is it to stay together?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Carissamarie08

--
    12 May 2011 02:21 AM
    He puts in a "dream sheet" of different choices of where he would like to go...doesnt guarentee him anything though....he could even get something that wasnt even on his list.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Carissamarie08

--
    12 May 2011 02:22 AM
    If he gets stationed far away from you the only time you guys will be able to see eachother is if he is on "leave" or you go and visit him.
    CoastiesGirl

--
    21 May 2011 08:52 PM
    I'm sure he's back by now or at A school or something, but if you need anything, I'm a coastie fiance and am currently getting through our first time apart. I think this is his 3rd or 4th time underway, but it's his first for us. It's been hard with home gone for 90 days, but now we're down to 40. If you need someone to talk to to get through it, I'm here. It'll be easier once he's back. This just helps you prepare for the future.
    USCGGF

--
    02 Feb 2014 03:27 PM
    My boyfriend just left in that group too! I miss him like crazy too and have started a little journal so that I don't forget things in my letters and then I can tell him what I've been up to. I also decided to go to the gym all the time to keep myself busy. I have also just joined (today) so I can reach out for support in here and saw your post, so i thought it was ironic they left the same day.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Feb 2014 03:42 PM
    Welcome aboard. If you have any questions, let us know. We will be happy to help answer. The days will go slow but the weeks will fly by.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    USCGGF

--
    02 Feb 2014 06:59 PM
    Thank you. Being on here really means a lot, the fact that everyone here is willing to help me through it.
    Lovemycoastie

--
    16 Feb 2014 07:49 PM
    Can some one help me out please. My Coastie leaves in less than a week for boot camp, how do you all coupe with the distance? We talk every day, any advise on how to deal with that? My family is active military but I'm new to the relationship with a significant other in the military :-(
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement