Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Law Enforcement in D9
Last Post 04 Feb 2010 01:23 PM by jennahfurrr. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Potato2

--
30 Jan 2010 06:05 PM
    Does anyone know what kind of law enforcement work is done in D9? That's my guaranteed district and I'm just curious as to what is done in that field in that area.

In love I was created and in love I hope to die

Heading out to bootcamp May 4th :)
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    30 Jan 2010 06:26 PM
    Probably the same law enforcement as is done everywhere else, just in differing amounts.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    30 Jan 2010 08:06 PM
    My son spent 3 years on Lake Michigan (Chicago). He was involved in over 100 BUI arrests, and a few drug busts. Lots of drunk boaters on the Chicago River and Chain-of Lakes.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Potato2

--
    31 Jan 2010 03:53 PM
    Haha thanks guys...I figured it would be a lot of drunk boaters. I live right on a small lake and during the summer the county police are out patrolling the water every so often.

boatforces

--
    31 Jan 2010 05:32 PM
    D9 LE= Recreational boardings (RBS). And more recreational boardings. Did I mention recreational boardings? :) Every once in awhile something interesting LE wise will pop up but for the most part it's all RBS on S. Lake Michigan. Most units cram in a years worth of boardings into 4 months so if you get one of these units prepare to be BUSY during the summer!

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    31 Jan 2010 05:39 PM
    ...And painting/repainting the station house in the winter!

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    31 Jan 2010 05:43 PM
    pepperdoggie said...
    ...And painting/repainting the station house in the winter!

You forgot shoveling the sidewalks...
    jennahfurrr

--
    02 Feb 2010 11:20 PM
    I am headed to D8 after BC....was hoping lots of interdiction and border patrol stuff! thoughts?

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Potato2

--
    02 Feb 2010 11:22 PM
    I'm crossing my fingers for something along Lake Michigan, but anywhere in D9 would be alright with me.

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Feb 2010 01:27 AM
    I was on an 87' in D8. We focused on fisheries, shrimp boats... ugh, and lots of Deep Drafts (tankers, container ships, etc.). Different units different missions, keep that in mind.

"When you fall on your face, you are still moving forward."

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    chouvener

--
    03 Feb 2010 02:33 AM
    First hand experience... we weren't as busy as other stations, but the majority of your summer will be spent getting Boatcrew qualified, after that (and most likely they will, since the a-school lists are getting longer) they'll send you to BTM. Most of D9 summer activities revolve around Rec boardings like boatforces said, but even though you don't do the commercial side of things... it's still a lot of fun!

In it 4Life

SN Chris Houvener
    STA Sheboygan, WI

jennahfurrr

--
    03 Feb 2010 10:59 PM
    gears, would you explain in more details....i'm a newbie at all of this :)

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Feb 2010 11:22 PM
    The type of LE mission the unit has depends on the location and type of unit. I can't speak for LE across the board, but I will elaborate in what I have done. In TX on the 87' we inspected commercial ships coming in from overseas. Sometimes we were augmented by MSTs, sometimes by MSSTs. The commercial shrimp business thrives in the TX/LA area. We would do inspections on the shrimp boats to ensure they were meeting federal standards.

On Lake Michigan at the Station, the mission was recreational boating safety. We would board "mom and pop" boater to ensure they were in compliance with federal regs.

So, depending on the type of unit, you could end up counting fish on the Bering Sea or counting life jackets in the Florida Keys. Make sense?

"When you fall on your face, you are still moving forward."

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    jennahfurrr

--
    04 Feb 2010 01:23 PM
    yes! thank you!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement