Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Just Returned from Graduation Tango 182!
Last Post 06 Feb 2010 01:13 PM by Momma Jo. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Momma Jo

--
01 Feb 2010 02:05 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that when you go to graduation it is the most amazing feeling when you see your recruit march into the gym.  You are bursting with pride and just so happy to see them after 8 long weeks.  If you get the chance to go please don't pass it up!  You will never forget it and neither will they.  Good luck to all of you who have a loved one in bootcamp, keep writing those letters, they mean so much.roll
    Always In My Heart

--
    01 Feb 2010 05:32 PM
    Yay, congratulations to Tango 182! I can't wait to see my boyfriend graduate boot camp on March 19th. It sounds like graduation was amazing! :] What does everyone wear to graduation?

Always In My Heart

Genesis 31:49 May the Lord watch between me and thee when we are absent one from another

Always In My Heart

Genesis 31:49 May the Lord watch between me and thee when we are absent one from another
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Feb 2010 06:10 PM
    Attire for graduation is very subjective. I have seen people all decked out and I have seen people in sweatshirts & jeans. I figure the one thing to keep in mind is they are going to be turning out in their best uniforms, looking their proudest, with their chests puffed out... Shouldn't the attendess appear dressed for the occasion! I wore dress slacks and a nice sweater set, it was breezy out that day. You will be inside the gym for graduation but there is A LOT of walking at graduation. So wear something warm & comfortable but something business casual like...

Momma Jo... Congratulations!!! It is an amazing moment!! I was more emotional at that then his HS graduation!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Always In My Heart

--
    01 Feb 2010 09:13 PM
    Thanks OldGuard!

Always In My Heart

Always In My Heart

queenb

--
    02 Feb 2010 11:22 PM
    Momma jo
    Congratulations. I hope you had a safe trip home. I know it was long. Did your son sleep all the next day, or are they so used to getting up at 0530am, that sleeping in is impossible.
    Now what day does he leave again, and where is he going?
    Keep in touch.

Kelly

LCC66

--
    02 Feb 2010 11:41 PM
    Congratulations, momma joe... What an awesome feeling it must be. My son just arrived at Cape May, and I can't imagine what he's going through. I just know it hurts so much the first day, I feel so helpless. I can't wait to be on that plane going to my son's graduation. He was real nervous on the bus, but I guess they all feel that way, and I know he's not alone. And neither am I, you all have been wonderful.

Thank you.

Letty
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    03 Feb 2010 12:29 AM
    Thanks for all your well wishes! My son slept a lot the first day but was still sick so finally got him to the doctor and got him on some meds. He leaves Friday for Miami Beach, the sun will do him good! Also a great place for us to go visit....
    katie

--
    06 Feb 2010 06:20 AM
    Momma Jo,
    Our son (Mike182) is in Miami assigned to the Valiant. Do you know your son's assignment in Miami? Our son is loving being there. Currently they are in Haiti so its kinda like having him back in Cape May because we cant talk to him. We did get a few emails like every 3rd day but we havent gotten one in well over a week to 10 days so dont know whats up with that. Oh well; we'll hear from him when he gets a chance.
    Hope all goes well with all of the recruits as they start their journey in the CG. To the new basic training Moms: hang in there; it DOES get easier; especially once that first call comes in week 5 with their assignments. We lived for Tuesdays for the blog, and Thursdays were "Cape May Mail Day" until graduation then they were Thursdays again. LOL. As has been stated; keep the letters getting out to them. They live for mail from home. Even if I had nothing to say I would still pen a few lines to him. Dont decorate the envelopes or send musical cards; everyone will know they got one.
    Best of luck and congratulations!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    06 Feb 2010 01:13 PM
    Katie, My son will be at a small boat station in Miami Beach. He got there yesterday. He is living his dream, so excited about his future. We are from Vermont so he is loving the warm weather. Where are you from?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement