Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Tour length
Last Post 04 Feb 2010 10:29 AM by husband. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bm Cash

--
01 Feb 2010 11:22 PM
    How long is a coast guard tour length

pond12.jpg
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    01 Feb 2010 11:24 PM
    Sectors/Stations 4 years, Most cutters 3 years, Patrol Boats 2 years, isolated duty 1 year. If you drink underage or pop positive for drugs your tour length will be drastically reduced.

"When you fall on your face, you are still moving forward."

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Bm Cash

--
    01 Feb 2010 11:30 PM
    THanks for the info. So out of basic it would most likly be a one yr??

pond12.jpg
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    01 Feb 2010 11:30 PM
    It depends on how long the wait is for "A" school.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Bm Cash

--
    01 Feb 2010 11:37 PM
    well they say 4m right now but i think i may striker the bm rating unless i hate where im at

pond12.jpg
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    01 Feb 2010 11:51 PM
    Gears is correct to an extent....i don't believe ALL 110's are 2 years, I believe its just the ones down here running dual crews in FL...i could be wrong though.  I know my freind went to a 110 in AK and he got a 3 year tour.

Also, you're first unit out of a-school will be one year + time left between transfer seasons.  My tour length for Sector st pete is 2 years 9 months...

OS3 Husband
    Sector St. Petersburg, FL

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Feb 2010 12:10 AM
    The 4 months is the time you have be at your unit before you can put your name on an "A" school list.

WPBs are CPBs are two year tours, you can request an extension, which your friend may have done. I can't say for sure.

boatforces

--
    02 Feb 2010 12:17 AM
    Also, you're first unit out of a-school will be one year + time left between transfer seasons. My tour length for Sector st pete is 2 years 9 months... said...

Unless you have to extend your enlistment in order to meet the obligated service time required for your rate after A school. Obligated service requirements are different for each rate upon graduation from A school. Your tour length will reflect 1: How much obligated service (if any) you had to agree to and 2: The tour length of the billet you will fill. Very rarely (and I mean VERY rarely) will any tour extend beyond 5 years.

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 2/1/2010 5:21:31 PM GMT

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    02 Feb 2010 12:39 AM
    Well i have 4 years left on my contract and I only got a 2 year 9 month tour here?

I didn't have to extend or re-enlist.

OS3 Husband

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Feb 2010 12:58 AM
    That's probably because your billet there is for 3 years.

boatforces

--
    03 Feb 2010 08:37 PM
    Since you had 4 years left on your original enlistment you met the obligated service requirement for your rate. That is why you didn't have to extend (which is adding more time to your original enlistment contract). People who have LESS than the obligated service time left on their enlistment MUST obligate either by extension or reenlistment in order to be eligible to attend A school.

I'll make this simple:

SN Stains enlists in the CG for 4 years. He waits for a year to put his name on an A school list. Another year goes by and he finally gets orders to IT A school. The obligated service requirement for IT is 3 years.

Since his enlistment was for 4 years (and he's already been in for 2) he has 2 years remaining on his contract. In order for him to go to IT A school he must extend for an additional year to meet the obligated service requirement. No extention=No school.

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Feb 2010 10:09 PM
    BF, there in a BM1 Stains in the CG. He was SN Stains at one point. I met him, he seemed like a good guy.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    04 Feb 2010 10:29 AM
    I knew a SN Tissue.....

Its true...

I'll keep it rated "g" lol

OS3 Husband

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement