Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Best rating ever
Last Post 20 Feb 2010 01:20 AM by Gears. 52 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
boatforces

--
06 Feb 2010 04:55 PM
Suggs, get your nose out of Gears butt. It smells like ass and diesel in there. skull shocked

Dost thy bosom break like the light of day? My heart flutters at the dawning of the new month whose name is April.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Bored of Desk Jobs

--
06 Feb 2010 05:31 PM
She knows ;-)

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Basic Member
Basic Member
TXCG09

--
07 Feb 2010 12:14 AM
Boatforces, I just like supporting my roots ya know? Maybe if I started out as a Seaman I would be rooting for you haha.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Bored of Desk Jobs

--
07 Feb 2010 01:03 AM
Suggs, you were an MK --> MST?

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Trusted Member
Gears

--
07 Feb 2010 02:30 AM
Bored,

Suggs was implying he was a FN. And, from what I hear a damn fine one.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
Basic Member
Basic Member
TXCG09

--
07 Feb 2010 03:56 AM
I tried Gears..those were good times. Go from cleaning up oil to...well cleaning up oil.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
Trusted Member
Gears

--
07 Feb 2010 12:52 PM
TXCG09,

Rviers, shipping channels, inlets, coastlines are all just really fancy names for Earth's bilges. I'm grateful that you're willing to keep them clean.

Bored,

You're right. When I run I have to slow down. If I suddenly stop I'm going to have a BM crammed up my ass.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
Basic Member
Basic Member
TXCG09

--
11 Feb 2010 10:51 PM
Gears that was a great comparison, I never looked at it that way lol. Atleast the Earth doesn't have huge detroit diesels running that I have to clean up.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
Basic Member
Basic Member
AET2b

--
11 Feb 2010 11:43 PM
Gears said...
Rviers, shipping channels, inlets, coastlines are all just really fancy names for Earth's bilges. I'm grateful that you're willing to keep them clean.

So does that mean the MST's are just really fancy names for a damn fine FN's?
Trusted Member
Gears

--
12 Feb 2010 05:33 AM
TXCG09 said...
Atleast the Earth doesn't have huge detroit diesels running that I have to clean up.

CATs run the Earth. They run more efficiently and almost never leak.

AET2b,

In the case of MST3 Suggs, yes. I can't speak for every MST out there.

-Orson Welles

Advanced Member
Advanced Member
uberchris

--
14 Feb 2010 11:52 PM
u guys are obsessed with your ratings. cant we get an airdales opinion?

Gravity brings me down....

Trusted Member
Gears

--
15 Feb 2010 01:06 AM
It's not obsession, it's pride. All of the Petty Officer's that post on this board have earned their crows through effort and discipline. You would be hard pressed to find an MK, BM, or SK that feels there is a better or more important rate in the CG than their own.

-Orson Welles

Basic Member
Basic Member
TXCG09

--
15 Feb 2010 01:10 PM
AET2,

Damn fine ex FN's now with crows. Or just someone who respects the hell out of MK's... and uberchris.. every "airdale" loves their job I am sure. The pilots fly around all the time.. (doing what they love) the AETs and AMTs fix the aircraft (doing what they love) and help out with being crewmembers onboard and the ASTs well.. if you watch The Guardian lol that will explain that to you. I am an MST praising MK's does that mean I am obsessed with my rating?? No I believe every rating in the CG is equally important..even though SOME of those members do nothing at all at work.. MOST work hard to keep the Coast Guard's gears turning. But Mk's like Gears here makes sure the gears are properly lubed and maintained haha. And when those gears fail and the boat leaks into the water nice little MST's like myself come behind them and boom it off.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
15 Feb 2010 02:59 PM
Best rate in the CG and least appreciated... Military Wife! But then of course that applies to every branch of service, rate & rank!

Proud mom of
SN Robertson, Colin
USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
TXCG09

--
15 Feb 2010 03:06 PM
Ah well said Macie. I agree.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
Trusted Member
Gears

--
15 Feb 2010 03:17 PM
The military spouse is the glue that holds us all together. IMHO, the Military Brat is also an under appreciated part of military service.

-Orson Welles

Trusted Member / Administrator
chukles

--
15 Feb 2010 08:00 PM
From an AET, Macie is dead on!!

The significant other is the glue that keeps us on target. I could in no way possible, be where I am without the support of my wife. Her uncanny ability to keep it together on short notice!

Vr,
Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
Basic Member
Basic Member
TXCG09

--
16 Feb 2010 12:17 PM
I have to agree with you guys. My wife sometimes doesn't understand why we have to do the things we do, but she will do anything and everything to support me through it.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
husband

--
18 Feb 2010 01:51 PM
OldGuard said...
Best rate in the CG and least appreciated... Military Wife! But then of course that applies to every branch of service, rate & rank!
there is one more that's even better than the military wife....the military wife that's also in the military :)

Trusted Member
Gears

--
18 Feb 2010 02:48 PM
What about the Military Brat who joins the military?

-Orson Welles

Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
18 Feb 2010 05:12 PM
I think Military Brats that join are pretty terrific... I happen to know a few! :)

Proud mom of
SN Robertson, Colin
USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
TXCG09

--
19 Feb 2010 08:00 PM
Haha I was an Army brat now in the Coast Guard.. got tired of that Army stuff wanted something more exciting.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
Trusted Member
Gears

--
20 Feb 2010 01:20 AM
I hear ya' Suggs. The Marines just weren't tough enough for me.

-Orson Welles

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement