Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
dependents
Last Post 06 Feb 2010 02:50 AM by MSTWNAB. 15 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bm Cash

--
05 Feb 2010 12:11 AM
    Ok my soon to be wife has to kids of her own and I was wondering would that b. 3 dependents if we got married befor I went to basics?

pond12.jpg

pond12.jpg
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    05 Feb 2010 12:20 AM
    Yes, it would b over the to dependents allowed. U will have 2 wait two get married if you want a chance at joining the CG.

AETtoobe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    05 Feb 2010 12:22 AM
    2 kids
    + 1 wife
    ---------------
    = 3 dependents.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Feb 2010 12:01 PM
    Just a suggestion... Drop the text speech. If you can't type out a complete sentence and use proper English maybe the military isn't for you. You will not be filling out reports to send to your command about the latest SAR case in text-speak. Learn to break out of the habit now, before you get to boot camp.

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    05 Feb 2010 01:34 PM
    There is a time and a place for everything old guard. If I was say on a phone or PDA to sign onto this forum I would use a short hand of sorts myself, that doesn't mean that my 40 page business plan that I sent in last week will have the same short hand used.

"You only like Armageddon because they send a bunch of roughnecks to save the world..." - Ex Boss

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Feb 2010 03:57 PM
    I use my phone all the time to log on to this site... You will never see me say "U 2 can do it 2morrow l8r" I type it out. The time & place is now!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    05 Feb 2010 04:02 PM
    Amen Macie!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    05 Feb 2010 04:22 PM
    I disagree, on an unofficial common use board people are free from laws of dictation. Its up to them to decide on how to represent themselves, it is not however, up to us to decide how they should represent themselves.

"You only like Armageddon because they send a bunch of roughnecks to save the world..." - Ex Boss

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    05 Feb 2010 04:27 PM
    People are free to represent themselves. People are also free to make constructive suggestions to other people. People are also free to ignore other people's constructive suggestions.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    05 Feb 2010 04:29 PM
    Okay, Wepp....now you've changed your avatar to a Constellation (I think)

Bm Cash

--
    05 Feb 2010 06:09 PM
    Well I was on my cell so thats the reason for the text type.  I don't think that cuts me from the military! But thanks.

pond12.jpg

pond12.jpg
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Feb 2010 06:28 PM
    I am on my cell phone right now as well. I'm sitting having lunch. It won't cut you from the military, it was just a suggestion, you should speak properly. Being on a cell phone is no excuse, every letter is there! I text with a lot of people, with the exception of LOL, I do not text speak ever.

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    05 Feb 2010 08:45 PM
    And that is your choice, again not speaking but typing on an informal and unofficial board...

chris3500

--
    06 Feb 2010 12:01 AM
    Why dont we now go back to anwsering the question that this blog was posted for? And start another blog on teaching people how they should talk on here.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Feb 2010 02:23 AM
    Chris3500,

The original question was asked & answered. Pretty much nothing to get back to!

Macie

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MSTWNAB

--
    06 Feb 2010 02:50 AM
    Well, OP if you get married before enlist there is a dependency waiver that you could look into. I had to get one because I am married with 2 kids. This was a year ago though, and I have heard that getting a waiver approved now is very VERY hard (if not impossible). But that is something to ask your recruiter about.
    USCG SN
    = FY11
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement