Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Title 10 Activation
Last Post 19 Feb 2010 01:17 PM by TXCG09. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Jessica07

--
05 Feb 2010 01:56 PM
    Can someone explain this to me?

Someone in the recruiter's officer (not the recruiter, I'm not sure who he was) was explaining it like reservists could volunteer under title 10 and do 1-2 years of active duty. Is that true, or is Title 10 just a way for the President to call up troops during a national emergency?

Thanks
    Coastie Hopeful 2011 ~ Semper Paratus!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TXCG09

--
    06 Feb 2010 06:27 AM
    Title 10 is where reservists are put on active duty orders. We have a lot of them at my unit right now and some have been here for like 5 years. I am not a reservist and I don't know TOO much on the specifics, but title 10 IS active duty orders without president's call.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jessica07

--
    17 Feb 2010 02:50 AM
    Does anyone know how this works? Are these active duty orders voluntary or involuntary?

Thanks.

Sorry for all the questions...
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    17 Feb 2010 05:13 PM
    Jessica07 said... Sorry for all the questions...
    Don't apologize for asking questions.

I'll talk to some reservists I know, get you the straight scoop from the lion's mouth. Stand by.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jessica07

--
    17 Feb 2010 09:45 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate it.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    18 Feb 2010 12:53 AM
    Title 10 orders are executed to activate reservists for specific missions (i.e. Hurricane Katrina, Earthquake in Haiti). The orders can be voluntary, more often than not they are mandatory. Something terrible happens, high command activates X number of Reservists, until they are no longer needed.

I hope that helps.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jessica07

--
    18 Feb 2010 01:05 AM
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jessica07

--
    18 Feb 2010 01:42 AM
    Actually, one more question (for the moment anyway...)

The bolded parts of these quotes seem to contradict each other. Is what TXCG09 refers to actually Title 10, or something else?

TXCG09 said...
    Title 10 is where reservists are put on active duty orders. We have a lot of them at my unit right now and some have been here for like 5 years. I am not a reservist and I don't know TOO much on the specifics, but title 10 IS active duty orders without president's call.

Gears said...
    Title 10 orders are executed to activate reservists for specific missions (i.e. Hurricane Katrina, Earthquake in Haiti). The orders can be voluntary, more often than not they are mandatory. Something terrible happens, high command activates X number of Reservists, until they are no longer needed.

I hope that helps.

Thanks again for putting up with all my questions smile
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    18 Feb 2010 02:47 AM
    Title 10 orders can be very broad. I don't know all of the details. I've never been a reservist. But, I have met reservists on Title 10 orders for extended periods. It all depends on the needs of the service.

-Orson Welles

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TXCG09

--
    19 Feb 2010 01:17 PM
    The Title 10 guys are here for a specific reason. They are boat forces for specific missions at my unit that I can not say online. I am sorry for the confusion... I know they are starting to demobilize some guys here on Title 10 and they're planning to bring some more in. I am active duty so I try not to confuse myself with the specifics of reservists lol.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement