Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
?????
Last Post 09 Feb 2010 05:04 PM by chris3500. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rosa1988

--
06 Feb 2010 03:41 AM
    I have noticed that the requirements to get into the military including Marines and Army have gotten picky with the ASVAB score when it use to be a 32 for the Marines. Are they not needing many soldiers or is it the budget cuts?? Just wondering because my friend is leaving to the Marines on April and he said that its required to get at a 50 in the ASVAB now even for the coast guard you have to get at least a 70 is this true?....
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    06 Feb 2010 03:45 AM
    Yes,
    The reason is due to the strong number of applicants wanting a position within the CG. We are able to be very selective and take the very best of the best.

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Rosa1988

--
    06 Feb 2010 03:49 AM
    This is interesting, I guess I have to be the best of the best to get it I like it. Thanks Chukles
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    06 Feb 2010 03:51 AM
    The minimum for the Coast Guard is 55 (or so?). However, there is a lot of competition for spots in basic training, and recruiters want the best applicants. Therefore, most recruiters require at least a 70. Get a study book. Study. And kick ass on the ASVAB.

Also, subject titles like "????????????????" are annoying and gives readers absolutely no insight on the post.

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Rosa1988

--
    06 Feb 2010 03:55 AM
    its a question ??? should be enough.. But i will take what you said into consideration thanks.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    06 Feb 2010 03:58 AM
    No worries.

Check these books out.

usmilitary.about.com/od/miscshopping/tp/asvab.htm

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Rosa1988

--
    06 Feb 2010 04:03 AM
    I am guessing your leaving the 16th??? Thanks for the site..
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mochi

--
    06 Feb 2010 04:24 AM
    If 70 is the case, I met an applicant who said he scored a 56 and he was already at MEPS getting a physical. If he scored so low, why did his recruiter pass him to the next phase of processing?
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    06 Feb 2010 04:26 AM
    Could very well be getting him qualified with the thought process of an ASVAB retest further down the road.

I routinely test and phys my applicants regardless of score. This gets them further along in the process and gives a good push to study harder for the ASVAB.

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    06 Feb 2010 04:32 AM
    Because he lied? Because his recruiter knew in previously? Because his recruiter felt that he was a hard-working, motivated young man?

The minimum IS 50 as a part of the qualifying process. That is one of many steps that the recruiter takes to ensure that an applicant is Coast Guard material. If the recruiter feels that the applicant is strong in other fields like personality, presentation, physical condition, determination, work-ethic, etc, he may opt to push his applicant through to the next step.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    06 Feb 2010 04:33 AM
    Chukles' post makes much more sense than mine... go with his answer =)

Rosa1988

--
    06 Feb 2010 04:58 AM
    I do not understand how the one that is smart and gets good grades all through college and high school ends up scoring lower than that person who never really got good grades and is just a very difficult individual. By difficult I mean it takes them a while to catch on. I am not speaking for my self just wondering if any of you have gone through this.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    09 Feb 2010 03:10 PM
    I scored very well on tests in high school, college (calculus 2!) ate my lunch and I went in to the work force as a field engineer. I met some verrrrry intelligent people out there that would never make it in a formal classroom setting, doesn't mean they weren't very bright, just better at making things happen than answer questions in a theoretical environment.

The ASVAB is designed to test how you approach or think about a question, not necessarily if you know simple facts.

"You only like Armageddon because they send a bunch of roughnecks to save the world..." - Ex Boss

chris3500

--
    09 Feb 2010 05:04 PM
    just try to do ur best. Its hard to get in regardless, i got a 63 on the asvab and leave next week for boot camp. My process flew by, i first talked to my recruiter in august and by the beginning of october i ad a shipdate.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement