Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
hometown recruting
Last Post 13 Feb 2010 02:13 PM by Cooch. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
mgm12

--
07 Feb 2010 02:45 AM
    Have any of you had hometown recruting? What was it like?
    August 3 is day!!!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    07 Feb 2010 04:02 AM
    I met someone who was doing a two week hometown recruiting gig and he said he loved it. Basic was fresh in his head, and he enjoyed being looked up to by all of the potential recruits.

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mgm12

--
    07 Feb 2010 09:12 PM
    Thanks BDJ :) Anyone else??
    August 3 is day!!!
    Synapse

--
    07 Feb 2010 11:42 PM
    What is hometown recruiting?

Off to Cape May February 23rd 2010!

Off to Cape May February 23rd 2010!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    08 Feb 2010 02:18 AM
    Hometown recruiting:

"Hometown" is primarily used as a generic term for the city or town in which someone was born or grew up.
    "recruitment" is the act of requesting people, usually male adults, to join a military voluntarily
    -- Wikipedia

--------------------------------------------------------
    I'm just being a smart a$$!
    But if I didn't do it, I could only see it coming...

On a serious note, I to do not know what this envolves, is it a special program the CG has?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    08 Feb 2010 03:20 AM
    I believe it is when you help out with the recruiting office that you were processed out of as their non-rate because the station you are assigned to is underway, in dry dock, or otherwise unaccessible.

It all begins February 16th 2010!

" height="200" width="200" quality="high" loop="infinite" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgiP1_Prod_Version=Shockwaveflash">

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MSTWNAB

--
    08 Feb 2010 03:36 AM
    I'm not sure that is the case Bored. Many recruits in my company knew that they were doing HTR before they even filled out their Assignment Data Card.
    USCG SN
    = FY11
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    08 Feb 2010 02:44 PM
    my daughter did hometown recruiting for more than a month. i personally don't recommend it. at least not for any length of time. go to your station and settle in while you are still "squared away" from bootcamp. it will make the transition much easier in the long run. just my two cents!

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    08 Feb 2010 03:43 PM
    I loved my HTR. I had two weeks of it. More time at home after basic than the traditional 5 days. Got to relax in the office, tell potential recruits what BC is really like, go to schools, let your recruiter know what he/she may have "lied" to you about, and do other fun stuff-all while getting paid!

USCGC Chandeleur
    Miami Beach, FL

"Go out and do good things."
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bahchic

--
    08 Feb 2010 05:53 PM
    If I ask for hometown recruiting can I also specify how many days I would like. I only want to do a week of hometown recruiting because my apartment lease is up the same month I am graduating and I don't want to pay another months rent only to have to move to another place and have to come up with a deposit, first an last months rent. I would like to save my 5 days for when my family comes to visit.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    08 Feb 2010 09:47 PM
    Depends on your recruiter, but you should be good with only a week.

USCGC Chandeleur
    Miami Beach, FL

"Go out and do good things."
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mgm12

--
    11 Feb 2010 01:02 AM
    after hometown recruting do they send u to a station or A school?
    August 3 is day!!!
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    11 Feb 2010 01:14 AM
    Typically it is a station, as you would have time constraints between boot and guaranteed A schools

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mgm12

--
    11 Feb 2010 01:19 AM
    ok thanks chukles i was worried that i had to choose and a school after only 21 days of hometown recruiting
    August 3 is day!!!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    11 Feb 2010 02:29 AM
    Unless you have a guaranteed school, there is a mandatory 4 month wait between boot camp and putting your name on an "A" school list. At the end of that it comes down to Command approval. Being an HTR won't sway things either way.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    11 Feb 2010 02:34 AM
    and remember home town recruiting can be canceled at any time by your command where you are supposed to be going
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Feb 2010 02:13 PM
    And... Hometown Recruiting cannot be combined with a guaranteed A school. Believe me, I tried to get it for an applicant. It is viewed as a 'one or the other' situation by the powers that be.

I only offer it to those applicants that live within a reasonable commuting distance of the recruiting office. Obviously, since we have a recruiting area that stretches over 5 hours away (driving time), it's not feasible to offer it to everyone.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement