Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Trying to Contact Jonnyb
Last Post 08 Feb 2010 11:32 PM by jen899193. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Momma Jo

--
07 Feb 2010 12:13 PM
    Jonnyb,

I sent you a PM.

Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    07 Feb 2010 05:05 PM
    This is redundant. If you sent a pm he will have a highlighted pm on his screen.

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    07 Feb 2010 07:23 PM
    Sorry, didin't know there were rules :(
    chukles

--
    07 Feb 2010 08:03 PM
    No rules in play, saw that you posted in another place as well, more educational!

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    07 Feb 2010 08:39 PM
    haha....

there are a few people on here who get very annoyed with the comments about sending a person a pm. most people know of the feature....a few new folks don't and need to be pointed in the right direction.

hang tight~you will get familiar with the unwritten ettiquette~or someone will point it out. lol

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    07 Feb 2010 08:58 PM
    Thanks Jen, There are ways of saying things without coming across unkind. I was a little taken back as it was the first time I had received a comment like that, especially coming from a recruiter, Wow.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    joyfulinPA

--
    07 Feb 2010 08:59 PM
    I can actually read all the posts without signing in, BUT I cannot see that I have a PM unless I sign in... Just another thought. I, personally, do not always sign in. I just read the posts.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Feb 2010 11:42 AM
    Momma Jo,

It wasn't rude at all. I have never seen Chukles be rude to anyone. He was just making a point posting a message to say I sent you a PM is semi-goofy. If you want to send someone a PM, leave it private. I have to clean out my PM box every 2 to 3 days because it is full. You don't see people telling me they sent me a PM and you never see me post "Hey I responded to your PM." It's private, if I want everyone to know about it, I'll post it here. :)

I think Chuck was just making a statement. He is never a rude man, recruiter or otherwise, he is a Coastie and a Gentleman.

Macie

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Feb 2010 12:16 PM
    If there is anyone on this board who comes off as abrasive it's not chukles.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    08 Feb 2010 02:40 PM
    momma jo.....i have confidence that you will get the hang of this and the forum as well. there are a few around here (myself included) who can seem a little on the short or rude side. chuck definately isn't one of them. in fact, he is actually a stickler about people being rude or short to one another.

in the future....perhaps comments like "especially coming from a recruiter, wow" might not be the best way to deliver the message that you were offended by a comment. chuck wasn't rude....he was just to the point.

most around here have pretty thick skins....so you won't upset or offend them easily. there is a group on here that are pretty tight knit. thick skins, yes.....protective of one another, definately!!!

welcome to our melting pot.....and don't be afraid of the snapdragons around here!!!
    lol

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    08 Feb 2010 07:25 PM
    Gears said...
    If there is anyone on this board who comes off as abrasive it's not chukles.
    I wonder who THAT could be  smile

chukles

--
    08 Feb 2010 07:37 PM
    Momma Jo,
    No disrespect meant! I truly meant it as a learning post for a new member. I apologize if you were offended.

Vr,
    Chuck

Recruiting Website

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Feb 2010 08:08 PM
    Chukles,

Remember me when you're canonized.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    08 Feb 2010 08:35 PM
    Gears, on the other hand, is more likely to be cannonized...

chukles

--
    08 Feb 2010 08:54 PM
    Classic Wepprop!

That looks like something I would do!

Vr,
    Chuck

Recruiting Website

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Feb 2010 08:56 PM
    They have to catch me first, Wep.
    I'm glad I wasn't drinking milk when I saw that. It would have come out my nose with hurricane force.m Too bad there's not a smiley for that.

-Orson Welles

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 2/8/2010 2:20:10 PM GMT

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Feb 2010 09:29 PM
    Like this...

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Momma Jo

--
    08 Feb 2010 10:29 PM
    Chukles,

No worries.
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    08 Feb 2010 11:32 PM
    gears would also like an animated smiley that flies the bird!! :):)

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

~Jen~
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement