Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Iraq, Afghanistan and other "war" zones
Last Post 17 Feb 2010 09:59 PM by mgm12. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
mgm12

--
15 Feb 2010 05:25 PM
    Does the Coast Guard get deployed to these areas(Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.)? Not necessarily on a boat just like on land like other branches and if they do which rates go or who goes?
    August 3 is day!!!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    15 Feb 2010 05:55 PM
    Yessir. PATFORSWA - Patrol Forces Southwest Asia

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Feb 2010 06:14 PM
    My ex is currently in Iraq right now.

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    15 Feb 2010 06:19 PM
    I was just about to tell him your ex was lol. Beat me to it Miss Macie

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2b

--
    15 Feb 2010 06:19 PM
    To quote a Chuck, a recruiter on these forums :
    "Yes, The CG is an active armed force and worldwide deployable."

hope that helps a bit.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mgm12

--
    15 Feb 2010 09:34 PM
    HEy Macie about your ex is he part of a special operations group or something?
    August 3 is day!!!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Feb 2010 03:39 AM
    No, he isn't. I would love to say more and I don't know what is or isn't OPSEC as far as what he is doing. But even if he told me it was perfectly fine to say where he was and what he was doing, I wouldn't. He might be my ex but I don't want to put him in harm's way for any reason.

But no, he is not part of PATFORSWA and he is not on a ship.

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    fuzzyhead

--
    16 Feb 2010 11:12 AM
    I'm currently a civilian tdy in Iraq and I work with 4 USCG officers who work in Marine Safety. Also there are MSST guys here. The officer put in for the jobs here and the MSST guys are in the Deployable Ops Group.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Feb 2010 12:13 PM
    Fuzzy,

You might be with my ex then... he put in for that job and he is Marine Safety. Stay safe...

Macie

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mgm12

--
    16 Feb 2010 11:20 PM
    Marine safety?
    August 3 is day!!!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    17 Feb 2010 02:08 AM
    Not US Marine Corps Safety... Marine Safety as in MSO, Sector now, duck scrubber, MST... Marine Safety!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jchen012

--
    17 Feb 2010 02:26 AM
    The MSTs are most likely on the RAID team.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mgm12

--
    17 Feb 2010 09:59 PM
    Ooo ok mst... Thanks to everyone who has posted so far
    August 3 is day!!!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement