Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
losing weight so you can enlist? DO NOT READ
Last Post 07 Mar 2010 11:39 PM by E. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
uberchris

--
05 Mar 2010 10:37 PM
    my dear old mom got me this sweet pasta roller for xmas and it finally shipped up here to my place. ive been going haywire with it, im obsessed. i am using straight up 100% whole wheat flour , so its a bit more on the healthy side, and as long as you sift the flour before mixing, the pasta comes out smooth and unbelievably delicious. ( ive eliminated white breads, white rice, bleached flour, etc from my diet)

last week i made raviolis stuffed with steamed artichoke heart, lemon zest, spinach, garlic, ricotta cheese and tiny diced mozarella, served with broccoli florets and a roasted red pepper vodka coulis.

tonight i will make whole wheat veggie lasagna, with grilled eggplant, yellow and green squash, roasted red peppers, spinach and broccoli; suffocated with ricotta cheese and a succulent mornay sauce layered in there, all underneath a warm and phenomenal thick blanket of tasty mozzarella cheese.

DELICIOSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO!

2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
    2 eggs, whole
    2 tbsp high end olive oil
    water as needed to moisten the dough
    pinch of salt

Gravity brings me down....

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    poogotflung

--
    06 Mar 2010 12:09 AM
    I read it. oops. Sorry.

Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    06 Mar 2010 01:52 AM
    Had to undo a button on the pants after reading that meal order...lol :-)

Kyle

In his life changing name God Bless!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    06 Mar 2010 07:37 PM
    Man I need to learn to cook. If it can't fit in my convection oven or microwave, it ain't happening.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    07 Mar 2010 10:42 AM
    MACARONI AND CHEESE

1 stick butter/margarine
    1/2 cup milk

Boil water. Open KRAFT mac and cheese box (family size)
    follow directions on box

Eat

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Mar 2010 01:21 PM
    My God Pepper... a whole stick and a 1/2 cup!!!! That must be soupy mac & cheese!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    07 Mar 2010 01:56 PM
    Oldguard,

When Pepper makes mac and cheese he cooks for a regiment.

"I have the terrible feeling that, because I am wearing a white beard and am sitting in the back of the theatre, you expect me to tell you the truth about something. These are the cheap seats, not Mount Sinai."

-Orson Welles

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    BBODJ

--
    07 Mar 2010 05:25 PM
    I am on a quest right now to find the best mac n cheese in my city or a recipe to make at home. I spent my life after age ... 4? not eating the stuff but now it sounds sooo good, if it's done right.

Chris, your cooking skills put mine to shame dude. I have never once attempted a coulis and don't even know what a mornay sauce is - and I call myself a foodie, sheesh. I had to wipe the drool off my face reading both of the dishes you made recently. Hooray for veggie lasagna!!

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    07 Mar 2010 06:01 PM
    Chris used to cook for a living. Now he says he only enjoys cooking for friends and family but, based on this thread, he may also enjoy cooking just for himself...
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    07 Mar 2010 07:46 PM
    you pinned the tail on the donkey wep but ive been trying to get some people over once a week or so to do a dinner thing. when i lived in san diego my older brother used to do a once a week thing where everyone would bring some ingredients, and we'd throw down a storm of good food, and a bit of wine as well.

if anyone wants to come see portland you are more then welcome!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    BBODJ

--
    07 Mar 2010 09:06 PM
    Ooh, lucky guy! I love Portland. Soo much good food out there! Okay, and the beer is not too shabby either! :)

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    07 Mar 2010 09:18 PM
    One of Nikole's fellow MST's from Polar Sea is heading to Portland in a few months. Not sure where he's going, though....sector, MSU, whatever. I have no idea what they have down there. Anyway, he'd probably be up for a good meal once in awhile. Hey, how's that BM from the Hickory doing? You guys get him all broken in yet? : )

Laurie

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    07 Mar 2010 09:30 PM
    ahahahahahah! bm2 is one of the most heads up, good guys ive worked for (not that ive worked for many as a junior in the CG), but hes an awesome bm2. we have a great billet out here in the PACNORW, and if i was ever gonna be a BM or MK, i would insist on working in the ATON world the rest of my career, cause i like the blue collar work stuff and the comraderie.

Trusted Member
    E

--
    07 Mar 2010 11:39 PM
    My new housing has convection ovens, but I had to lose my trusty george forman because of fire code, but they have grills outside. This weekend I expanded my microwave cooking to the grill and oven... I just didn't know you couldn't use a cake pan in the convection oven. I heard something sparking..well it was my oven:) I have a glass one now lol.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement