Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MK waiting list
Last Post 02 Apr 2010 12:27 AM by Cooch. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MKCoastiemom

--
19 Mar 2010 09:44 PM
    How many "students" are allotted for each class? My son is 121 on the MK A-school waiting list. From what I could find there are only two classes listed for this year. I think May and June and then one said FY11. What is FY11? Is it likely he will get in this year? Thanks for the help.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    19 Mar 2010 09:55 PM
    FY is Fiscal Year. The Fiscal Year begins on 1 October.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    19 Mar 2010 09:59 PM
    Fiscal Year 2011 is FY11. FY11 start October 1st. Most likely he wont make it into those classes, obviously unless the classes are 61 people. He's probably going to have to wait it out with the rest of us, has he considered striking in conjunction with waiting for A school?

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    20 Mar 2010 12:34 PM
    They typical class is 20-25 people. The current wait is estimated at 6-9 months. He'll have to be patient. Tell him to be the best non rate possible, and to stay on the hip of the best MK3 at his unit.

MK1 sends...

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    MKCoastiemom

--
    21 Mar 2010 03:04 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I'm guessing that they will have more than the two classes listed at this point. Otherwise, the wait would be longer than 6-9 months. Gears- I'll pass the advice on. He is on an 87', so only a few to attach to, but he is loving every minute! Just not being in Cape May!!!!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    21 Mar 2010 05:31 PM
    The 87' is the Ferrari of the fleet. I spent 2 years on one. I would love to go back to one as MKC. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. I'll be glad to fill you in on PB life...

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    MKCoastiemom

--
    31 Mar 2010 08:48 PM
    Gears, I guess we will get to experience the 87' first hand! His boat is having a "cruise" for the families the first of May. We will go out for 4-5 hours. Can't wait!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    01 Apr 2010 03:18 AM
    If you have the opportunity take a walk down to the engine room. I miss the sound of the quad turbos coming up to speed.

- Mark Twain

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    02 Apr 2010 12:27 AM
    Or the turbines on a 378. Always loved that sound, because it usually meant that we were about to go chase bad guys.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement