Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Weight requirement for "A" school
Last Post 06 May 2010 01:19 PM by husband. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mom2three

--
26 Mar 2010 05:27 PM
    Who is responsible for making sure that you are at weight requirement before being sent to "A" school?

~Proud Coast Guard mom~

~Proud Coast Guard mom~

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    26 Mar 2010 05:50 PM
    It is the member's responsibility to ensure they meet the current CG weight standards. Prior to executing orders the member will be weighed by his/her supervisor.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    26 Mar 2010 06:46 PM
    I'm just curious.....what happens if they don't make weight? Are they bumped back on the A school list until they do? I do know that if they actually arrive at A School not in compliance with the weight standards, they will be automatically disenrolled and they cannot reapply to any A school for a year after that. Also wanted to mention that after school is something to think about too. My younger daughter was one pound over after she graduated from A school and got to her cutter. The doc said she shouldn't even have been sent there, even though it was only a pound. They let her by with measuring or taping or whatever you call it but that was several years ago. Don't know if they still do that.

Laurie

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    26 Mar 2010 07:20 PM
    If you don't make weight you can have your orders for school canceled. Not just "A" school, it includes any "C" school. Members can be taped for BMI if they are over weight standards. I don't know how the process works, I've never been taped or taped anyone.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    raven1484

--
    26 Mar 2010 07:38 PM
    IAW Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual, COMDTINST M1020.8G, Chapter 3.5,
    if a member shows up to “A” School overweight or over their body fat they may potentially be “fault” disenrolled which means they will not eligible to be placed on any “A” school list for a minimum of 1 year.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    26 Mar 2010 11:46 PM
    I'm hoping to rely on taping once I'm through bootcamp. I have lots of trouble leaning out, but hopefully I can stay lean, I guess I don't really have a choice I have to! I also like to be bulkier though, usually walk around at 210 and I have since cut to 175lbs in order to get shipped out to basic, then back to the weight room!

"You only like Armageddon because they send a bunch of roughnecks to save the world..." - Ex Boss

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    27 Mar 2010 12:29 PM
    Bulk up all you want after you're in. Just make sure your BMI is remains within standard.

- Mark Twain

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    06 May 2010 11:54 AM
    I have to get taped EVERY time for weigh-ins.  Oh well..

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    06 May 2010 12:15 PM
    Husband?

- Mark Twain

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    06 May 2010 01:19 PM
    Gears, minus the fake tan, yes!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement