Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
September (hopefully)
Last Post 26 Aug 2010 01:40 PM by Felicia!vsFibrosis. 22 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Felicia!vsFibrosis

--
29 Mar 2010 04:08 PM
    Hey coasties!!!!!! i'm still filling out all my paper work but i went threw MEPS and my recruiter said i can ship out whenever i wanna go so hopefully i will go in september! Anyone else?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    29 Mar 2010 07:34 PM
    Are you looking at joining the reserves or active duty?

The reason I ask is that if you are looking for active duty, October would be more realistic. Active duty is full for the remainder of this fiscal year, which ends September 30th.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    29 Mar 2010 07:37 PM
    Felicia!vsFibrosis said...
    my recruiter said i can ship out whenever i wanna go

eyes eyes

Future Coastie Coming in 2011

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    29 Mar 2010 11:54 PM
    captnick said...
    [quote="Felicia!vsFibrosis"]my recruiter said i can ship out whenever i wanna go
    [/quote]
    eyes eyes
    Wow, Rolleyes?  How come?

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    30 Mar 2010 12:32 AM
    I was going to ask the same question?

Cooch, left you a message today,

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    30 Mar 2010 12:56 AM
    Cooch said...

Wow, Rolleyes? How come?

Because...
    Cooch said...
    Active duty is full for the remainder of this fiscal year, which ends September 30th.

It had to do with being told "Sure, you can go whenever you want"

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    30 Mar 2010 01:32 AM
    Well, if they are going into the reserves, then the recruiter could have very well said it. If not, maybe the recruiter was just looking for an idea when they wanted to go. No biggie.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    30 Mar 2010 01:33 AM
    chukles said...
    I was going to ask the same question?

Cooch, left you a message today,
    Cool.  I had to take off early today.  Yesterday's tornado closed my kid's daycare.  I have a dental appointment down near Charlotte tomorrow, but I'll check the message first thing in the morning.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

Felicia!vsFibrosis

--
    02 Apr 2010 07:51 PM
    i got my date today!!!!!!! I leave september 14th and i am doing active duty! i cant wait!
    Cronzic

--
    05 Apr 2010 11:14 PM
    I was under the impression that you cannot get a ship date for the next FY 2011 until they know what there numbers are. That is how I understand in, although I could be wrong. I was told by my recruiter that I would have to wait until the next FY rolls in a bit closer to get a date, and DEP in etc.

Just curious how Felicia!vsFibrosis has received a ship date?

Thanks!
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    05 Apr 2010 11:21 PM
    September 14th is in FY10.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 Apr 2010 12:08 AM
    Her reservation request may have been submitted prior to the shut-down. That would be my guess.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    06 Apr 2010 12:23 AM
    She must be girl. From what I heard there were still a couple slots left for females...my only guess

Cronzic

--
    06 Apr 2010 12:50 AM
    Got ya, just thought it was all shut down for this year. Also ya I was not thinking when I posted, about Sept, haha. But thanks for the reply.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 Apr 2010 01:59 AM
    captnick said...
    She must be girl. From what I heard there were still a couple slots left for females...my only guess
    That's inaccurate.  Like I said, the reservation request was most likely submitted before the stopage began.  They had to re-evaluate numbers, and those that were already in the queue were put on hold.  Some of them got ship dates, and some were told to wait until next fiscal year.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

jjgagrl

--
    10 Jul 2010 02:29 PM
    There were still some slots open because my husband just got his shipdate of Sept 21, 2010 and he is going active duty. But the recruiter said he had to pull some strings to get that date but he also said he was able to get 2 people in at that date. But his ASVAB score might have helped some.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    newms

--
    10 Jul 2010 02:49 PM
    CONGRATULATIONS, Felicia! vs Fibrosis!

Us FY2011 hopefuls are all a little envious, you must understand.

Also, I'm curious about what the 'v.s. Fibrosis' part of your username is all about?

Again, go get em'!!!congrats.
    newms! PATFORSWA
    Felicia!vsFibrosis

--
    22 Aug 2010 02:56 PM

the vs fibrosis part is for my brother. he died of a diease called cystic fibrosis. After he passed away my cousin came up with the idea of putting punk shows together to raise money for the cause and we started calling ourselves Punk!vsFibrosis....therefore haha i am Felicia!vsFibrosis.

Also idk if i'm workin this forum right....I dont know if i posted my original ship date message in the right spot.....cause i still havent heard from anyone who is shippin out the same time as me...help! hahaha oh and i am going active duty incase i havent mentioned it before

Americanmade834

--
    22 Aug 2010 06:39 PM
    well good for you felicia. i cant wait till i get my ship date.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    newms

--
    22 Aug 2010 07:09 PM
    Felicia!vs.Fibrosis,

I love the idea of the band, and I'm familiar with Cystic Fibrosis; my girlfriend's niece and nephew have it, and I just learned that my brother's newest child has been diagnosed.  This is off-topic from your original post, but my girlfriend finished a Documentary on the subject for her senior thesis at school.  You, and anyone can watch the story of Greg Vidoli @ http://www.vimeo.com/12535433

--I hope for Ship-Out dates for the both of us!!!

-Newms
    newms! PATFORSWA
    Felicia!vsFibrosis

--
    24 Aug 2010 07:25 AM
    i'm at work at the molment and my computer doesnt have sound...but i will def check it out at home! As sad as the whole situation is i love finding people who can relate to this terrible diease. My brother didn't take all that great care of himself until it was too late.. he was just to frustrated with it all he tried to be normal and he just couldnt be. Since he has passed away i have randomly made friends with a few CFers and they are doing just fine! 25 and still kickin! If your nephew and your girlfriends niece and nephew can accept what they have and embrace it they will live a long healthy as possible life! The cure is coming...i'M positive of that. The foundation has made so much progress in the last decade! And the organization has always done great things to help the people struggling with this diease to be comfortable! how old are they? and what state are you all from if you dont mind me asking
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    newms

--
    24 Aug 2010 08:10 PM

My nephew is a newborn back home(for me) in CA, and my girlfriend's niece and nephew are probably around 9 and 11(?) in Ohio.  And we're up here living in Pennsylvania at the moment.  Greg, the 'star' of the documentary is 44 in the Film!!!  He's like yoda!  He was expected to live to 18 years old. The girlfriend is thinking of trying to get the film out to some Film Festivals and whatnot.

But really though - I'm REAL envious of your ship-date.

-newms
    newms! PATFORSWA
    Felicia!vsFibrosis

--
    26 Aug 2010 01:40 PM
    if you have a facebook you should look up this canadian guy his name is maxwell...something or other i'll find it later hahah but he is puttin out a film called salt
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement