Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
bm3 strikers
Last Post 07 May 2010 12:36 AM by E. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
E

--
13 Apr 2010 08:39 PM
    This thread can be for any striking related info for people in the process of striking.

Curious if anyone else got emails saying congrats on advancement to bm3 and make a list from these picks. There was a list of 34 picks, the email went out to 26 people, and they just made 8, curious if that means they are making 26 this month.

On the other hand, what are you guys all doing until you make 3rd? I am working on cox'n qual and finishing fire investigator, also helping with R&S

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    01 May 2010 08:26 PM
    My wife is striking (struck) BM and she's waiting on the list right now, i think she's number 262 or something like that.  I don't think she's going to get any picks though.  I think they are leaving her at her station so we can be co-located..  I SERIOUSLY doubt they are making 26 this month, it would be nice though!

my wife is lead over the stations logs and she has charts as a collateral...

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    01 May 2010 08:42 PM
    For about the last six months, I've been getting a monthly report from my son about how many BM3's they made off of the supplemental advancement list and, while I don't remember all the numbers, the maximum was 12.

Did you ever find out what it was all about?
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    04 May 2010 01:50 AM
    I forget the term but its where they slated him orders for bm3 even though hes an snbm.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    06 May 2010 11:32 AM
    I believe is either called "fleeting" or "frocking" ...I could be wrong though.

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    06 May 2010 12:13 PM
    The term you are looking for is called, "frocking". Typically, it's done for an E-6 above the cut for E-7 who is transferring to an E-7 billet. I've never heard of it being done in any other situation.

A "fleet up" occurs when an E-3 makes E-4 and moves from the E-3 billet into the E-4 billet at the same unit. That is fairly common.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    06 May 2010 01:25 PM
    Is an SNBM someone who is qualified to be a BM but hasnt been advanced to BM3 yet?

FUTURE COASTIE COMING IN 2011

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    06 May 2010 03:09 PM
    The short answer is, yes.

A nonrate who graduates "A" school, but who has not met the requirements to be advanced to E-4 will be a nonrate with a designator. Time in Service, Time in Grade, successfully passing the EPME are required to advance to E-4.

When I graduated from MK "A" school we had a couple of FNMK and one FAMK graduate with us.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    06 May 2010 04:05 PM
    Additionally, strikers are assigned a designator once they are placed on an advancement list.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    06 May 2010 08:13 PM
    Thanks for the explanation.

FUTURE COASTIE COMING IN 2011

Trusted Member
    E

--
    07 May 2010 12:36 AM
    ya hes getting frocked to 3rd, every time I think of frocked i think of those stupid froppes my gf made me get when I was home in california.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement