Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Assignment Data Card
Last Post 20 Apr 2010 03:50 PM by Old Guard2. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Teraylrun

--
16 Apr 2010 05:53 PM
    I see in the Helmsman after the mid-term in Basic you fill out an Assignment Data Card, requesting first assignment based on geographic location, then type of unit. By geographic location do they mean one of the many districts (1,5,7,8,9,11,13,14,17), more broadly Pacific or Atlantic, or more specifically one of the sectors within a district?

thanks for your responses
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    16 Apr 2010 09:04 PM
    They mean choose 3? Districts, then 4? units from each District. Or, vice versa.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Apr 2010 09:37 PM
    I think you are right Gears... 3 districts/4 units in each... any combination of stuff, boats, land billets, air stations... whatever makes you happy. Just prepare yourself for getting choice 13, the one you just never really considered. LOL :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    19 Apr 2010 03:21 PM
    caught me off guard with the assignment data sheet. lol, i am too used to hearing called the "dream sheet".

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    19 Apr 2010 04:02 PM
    I double checked, 4 Districts 3 units.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Apr 2010 04:08 PM
    Well we knew it was one or the other! LOL

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    coastiewifejenna

--
    20 Apr 2010 03:24 AM
    That Lucky #13 can really throw you for a loop. But treat it as an adventure, that doesn't end til you retire or get out. Or until you son finally retires or gets out, right Macie?(her adventure is only half way through) :)

I support Red Fridays!

Teraylrun

--
    20 Apr 2010 05:31 AM
    thanks, I'll try to get to know the units through uscg.mil
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Apr 2010 11:56 AM
    I have had 24 years of adventure! So much fun I'm doubling down with an ex-husband still on active duty and a child on active duty at the same time! LOL

Holy cow... edit... It just dawned on me that if Jim doesn't get out for another 6, he goes for the full 30 and Colin sticks it out for a full 30, I could be around the Coast Guard for 54+ years!  I'm only 43 years old now!  Holy moses I am OLD!  hahahahaha

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    20 Apr 2010 01:29 PM
    yep, you all heard her correctly. macie is older than dirt!!!!

lol

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    20 Apr 2010 03:43 PM
    Macie,

When the Ark pulled into Alaska did you ever get to take a tour?

- Mark Twain

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Apr 2010 03:50 PM
    Haha aren't the 2 of you just the funny ones. I have one better than the Ark... Jim actually inspected the Pinta. The Nina, The Pinta and The Santa maria all pulled into New Orleans when we were stationed there. Since it was their first US port of call MSO New Orleans had to do the inspection. Jimmy issued a COI to the Pinta. Two other inspectors did the Nina & the Santa Maria.

So now that is old if Jim met Christopher Columbus coming ashore in New Orleans! I told you we are OLD GUARD! hahahahahaha :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement