Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
ALFA 183 Graduation
Last Post 29 Apr 2010 11:05 PM by Carissamarie08. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
lollipop

--
17 Apr 2010 04:19 PM
    I can't even explain the pride I feel right now. From the time I woke up yesterday morning knowing I was going to finally see my son, to landing back home in San Diego, the intense flow of emotions are indescribable.... The tears of joy overwhelming at times. Just seeing him looking so well in himself and knowing what he'd just accomplished made it all worth it. Never mind what he went through getting there, HE DID IT and he's a better person for it.

And to his CC's and instructors (you know who you are), THANK YOU for turning my son into a Guardian I can be proud of!

For those of you still waiting for boot camp dates, or waiting for loved ones... your time will come and you will be so proud!

Proud mom of SN Daniel Cable - ALFA 183 

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2bKnbb

--
    17 Apr 2010 05:07 PM
    Congrats to your family! Hope he has many good years in the CG.

Its never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

You are only as strong as you appear to be
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    17 Apr 2010 09:40 PM
    Totally Awesome!

Kyle

In his life changing name God Bless!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    17 Apr 2010 10:35 PM
    Congratulations!  I remember the feeling well!!  Enjoy the next few days before he's off again! All Heather wanted to do was sleep like a bear and take looooong hot showers!

Proud Mom to FS3Kribell-USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    USCG Aux Member District 14 Divison 1
    DSO-CC/EM/PA; Flotilla FN/SR 

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Narsenault05

--
    18 Apr 2010 04:07 AM
    Jkribell said...
    Congratulations!  I remember the feeling well!!  Enjoy the next few days before he's off again! All Heather wanted to do was sleep like a bear and take looooong hot showers!

haha i don't blame her. the best thing was coming home that first night and being able to spend more then 30 seconds in a nice hot shower!

ME3 Arsenault
    Sector Boston
    Enforcement Division

ME3 Arsenault
    Sector Boston
    Enforcement Division
    dshepherd

--
    18 Apr 2010 12:11 PM
    It was awesome getting to go through BC with your son! Be proud. He's a hell of a guy!

February 23rd isn't far away!

FN Shepherd
    WMEC ***
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lollipop

--
    19 Apr 2010 12:37 AM
    Awww, thanks Shepherd! He's talked very highly of you as well. I hope you two can keep in touch and maybe get stationed somewhere together some day.

Best wishes to you and your sweet wife. Tell her I said hello!

Oh,...... were you suprised when your brother showed up to graduation?

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Apr 2010 01:30 AM
    Lollipop,

Congrats on the big day!!! I know that sense of pride you are feeling. Isn't it just amazing! :) Colin was non-stop running the 5 days he was home. There was none of that sleeping late, long shower thing, he couldn't see enough of his friends and family. It was funny how much we kept that child moving and he never complained about it once.

Enjoy the couple of days you have left... then start planning that trip to Kodiak! :)
    Macie

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    coastiewifejenna

--
    19 Apr 2010 02:33 AM
    Those first days home are so short. And Scotty did take a bath and then went and did all the running around. I had my final exam the Monday after graduation and so I had to study while he got to go hang out with our friends and when he came home we was always like, " oh I went here and did this and hung out with so and so and..." I would have to tell him to slow down and I love you but I am studing. Enjoy it while it lasts. But remember that they earn 2.5 days a month and eventually they will be able to use it.

I support Red Fridays!

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 4/18/2010 8:36:57 PM GMT

dshepherd

--
    19 Apr 2010 02:43 AM
    I was so freakin surprised lollipop. I freakin cried haha. it was good though. I had no clue. I hope we get stationed together too. Then when we're 65 we're starting a dry cleaning business together. (ask him about it)

February 23rd isn't far away!

FN Shepherd
    WMEC ***
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    19 Apr 2010 01:39 PM
    Enjoy the journey Shepherd!

Kyle

In his life changing name God Bless!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    devins_love

--
    20 Apr 2010 01:55 PM
    I, too, am completely overwhelmed with pride. It went so fast and I can't believe that tomorrow we start our journey to Oregon!
    Lollipop, it was so great meeting you and your family! Apparently I need to ask about that dry cleaning business too because this is the first time I'm hearing about it. Lol

Chianne
    Wife of FN Devin Shepherd
    Soon to be moving to Astoria, OR! USCGC Steadfast

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Pmackey

--
    20 Apr 2010 02:22 PM
    Lollipop- You just gave me goosebumps thinking ahead to my sons graduation day in May!! We are half way there!

Proud Mom of SR Mackey

Proud Mom of FA MACKEY USCGC JARVIS (WHEC 725) Honolulu, HI
    Cronzic

--
    26 Apr 2010 06:55 PM
    Cannot wait until I am in your all shoes. It feels so far, but everyday October gets a bit closer. Then I can start my own journey to make my family and myself proud. Congrats to you all.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Carissamarie08

--
    29 Apr 2010 11:05 PM
    wow. alpha 183 is graduated these companys go through fast...seems like just yesterday for me! Romeo 182!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement