Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Dream sheet?
Last Post 26 Apr 2010 04:15 AM by coastiewifejenna. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Felicia!vsFibrosis

--
20 Apr 2010 08:00 PM
    Does anyone know a good website so i can find a list of stations?
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    20 Apr 2010 08:28 PM
    This is a good place to start!

link

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lan56

--
    20 Apr 2010 10:21 PM
    Just remember the dream sheet in boot camp is 4 districts, and three picks for each district.

If you have a guaranteed district it is 12 picks in that district, so plan accordingly.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    21 Apr 2010 12:24 AM
    Also, the dream sheet is a REQUEST, it does not guarantee anything.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    21 Apr 2010 12:34 AM
    lan56 said...
    Just remember the dream sheet in boot camp is 4 districts, and three picks for each district.

SOOOO they show you a list of (lets say) 50 openings, and you make a dream sheet based on those stipulations?

Future Coastie Coming in 2011

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    21 Apr 2010 12:41 AM
    They give you a packet of units, broken down by the type of unit (small boat stations, high endurance cutters, etc), and then broken down by districts. The units are the ones that have non-rates, which means you won't see MSST's, MSRT, LEDETS, TACLETS, etc.

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."  -  John Lennon

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    21 Apr 2010 12:58 AM
    OK I get it. I know theres probably no set number, but how many openings are there compared to the amout of recruits in the class?

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    21 Apr 2010 01:21 AM
    The list isn't just the openings. It's every unit in the Coast Guard that a non-rate can go. You make your 12 choices. If the assignment officer can place you at your first pick, awesome. If not, they work down your list until they find an opening. Sometimes, that could end up being lucky number 13 if there are no openings in your first 12 picks. BUT, one applicant that came through my office got lucky number 13, and she's very happy with her station.

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."  -  John Lennon

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    21 Apr 2010 11:35 AM
    Oh I thought they showed you a list of openings, like they do in A-School.

cgfowen22

--
    24 Apr 2010 01:25 PM
    Our company Alfa just grad. apr 16 and there were about 8 people that even got a pick on there dream sheet. We graduated 79. There are not a lot of openings so like our cc said, its pretty much just a detailer throwing a dart at the map right now. Good luck, I was mad, sad and pissed I was stationed in boston, but ive been here a week and am really starting to like it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lan56

--
    24 Apr 2010 06:29 PM
    Just remember that sometimes a place you didn't think you'd want can turn out to be really awesome. I didn't want to be in northern California, but now that I have been here for four months I LOVE this area. I am actually considering building my post-Coast Guard life here. It's because you get used to the area and start to appreciate it for it has to offer, and you also get to know the people and realize there's cool people everywhere.

Also remember that if you go somewhere you didn't want or expect, after your enlistment is up you can look back on this and appreciate these 4 or 6 years of your life as your "adventure period." The time that you tried something totally different and new and survived, so you can now go back home or wherever you want and have all these experiences to draw from that you wouldn't have had otherwise!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Apr 2010 09:44 PM
    CGFowen,

Where in Boston? My son is on the Seneca, I know the ship isn't home right now, but when it gets back, get in touch with him. If you haven't found the greatest pizza place or best clubs, I'm sure he'll be happy to show you around. :) I just visited there and it was pretty amazing. I sure hope you keep enjoying it more & more.

Macie :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    JazzehD

--
    24 Apr 2010 10:04 PM
    My recruiter told me that the Coast Guard doesn't offer guaranteed districts anymore. o.O
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Potato2

--
    26 Apr 2010 04:04 AM
    Nope, they are not offering them anymore

Heading out to bootcamp May 4th :)

Heading out to bootcamp May 4th :)
    coastiewifejenna

--
    26 Apr 2010 04:15 AM
    Just be glad you got in. Remember that there are a lot of people that want in and can't. Somewhere on here someone did the math and for every 1000 people, 11 get in so count your lucky stars. And if you don't like your station, you will move in three years for sure.

I support Red Fridays!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement