Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
210' / 270' Medium Endurance Cutters
Last Post 30 Apr 2010 02:42 AM by Cooch. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Jessica07

--
29 Apr 2010 06:30 PM
    In the spirit of Cooch's thread on 378' High Endurance Cutters, what can you all tell me about Medium Endurance Cutters?

Fiscal Year '11... here I come!

Coastie Hopeful 2011 ~ Semper Paratus!
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    29 Apr 2010 06:51 PM
    Jessica, for the most part, they are the same. The biggest difference will be where they are ported, and the lenth of the patrol schedule. For a 270', they usually go out for 6-8 weeks, and are home the same amount of time. For 210's, they uually do about a 6 week patrol. Macie can offer you some more insight as well, since her son is on a 270' out of Boston (the greatest city on the planet).

"I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    29 Apr 2010 06:52 PM
    Oh, and 270's are only on the East coast.

"I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jessica07

--
    29 Apr 2010 06:54 PM
    Ok, thanks for the info.

Fiscal Year '11... here I come!

Coastie Hopeful 2011 ~ Semper Paratus!
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    29 Apr 2010 07:18 PM
    Off the top of my head, here are where the 270's are located:

• Kittery, Maine
    • Boston, Massachusetts roll
    • Portsmouth, Virginia
    • Key West, Florida

I know that I'll miss a few spots where the 210's are located, so someone will have to help me out.

• Portsmouth, New Hampshire
    • Cape May, New Jersey
    • Wilmington, North Carolina
    • Cape Canaveral, Florida
    • Miami, Florida
    • Saint Petersburg, Florida
    • Panama City, Florida (at least I think)
    • Pascagoula, Mississippi (I think)
    • Galveston,Texas
    • Astoria, Oregon
    Are there any in Port Angeles, Washington?  I know that I probably skipped at least one location though.

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    29 Apr 2010 07:53 PM
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    29 Apr 2010 08:58 PM
    lol.....of course there is a 282' classified as a wmec located in kodiak. last i checked that wasn't east coast!!!

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    29 Apr 2010 09:13 PM
    There's also a 213' WMEC in Alaska as well, at least for a little longer.<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 4/29/2010 10:14:36 PM GMT

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    30 Apr 2010 12:16 AM
    jen899193 said...
    lol.....of course there is a 282' classified as a wmec located in kodiak. last i checked that wasn't east coast!!!
    Gimme a break Jen, I said 270's!!!  smilewinkgrin

Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    30 Apr 2010 12:22 AM
    haha.....well where else would you put the only 282' in the fleet? can't classify it as a 378' and it is ONLY 12'. lol

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    30 Apr 2010 12:24 AM
    I'm impressed that I did as well as I did with the home ports. That was all off the top of my noggin. The 270 website has a typo though. The Campbell and Tahoma should be Kittery, Maine, which is right across the river from Portsmouth, NH. I have some friends on the Tahoma. I believe I missed the Warrenton, Oregon port though. We can't all be perfect like MK's.

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    30 Apr 2010 12:51 AM
    The confusion is probably because they dock at the old Navy base which is called Naval Station Portsmouth, even though it's on the Maine side of the border.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Apr 2010 01:47 AM
    The 270's have been selected for Unitas Patrols. They are special patrols that allow the crews to work alongside our neighboring countries. I spent 4 months circumnavigating S. America on just such a patrol.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

- Mark Twain

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    30 Apr 2010 02:42 AM
    wepprop said...
    The confusion is probably because they dock at the old Navy base which is called Naval Station Portsmouth, even though it's on the Maine side of the border.
    That makes a lot of sense.  It's all pretty much the same area.  The cool thing is that on the NH side, you don't pay state sales tax!  Woohoo!!!!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement