Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Facebook pages for bootcamp companies
Last Post 16 Jul 2017 09:44 PM by delaneynoel. 62 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
ProudCCMom

--
02 May 2010 04:19 AM
    If you are headed off to Coast Guard bootcamp in Cape May there is probably a Facebook page for your company.  If it hasn't been started yet, it will be the week you form.  We are a bunch of parents, spouses and family members who are all encouraging, supporting and chatting together while our recruits are in bootcamp.  My son is currently one of the CC's at Cape May so I have been through what your families are going to experience.  We have a parents and family page called USCG Parents, Family and Friends that they and you are welcome to join anytime. 

Welcome to the Coast Guard!  It is the most amazing service!  Send your families our way so they have support while you are gone, too!
    ProudCCMom

--
    02 May 2010 04:22 AM
    There are also Facebook pages for all of the current companies and past companies from TANGO 182 and forward. Bravo 183 just graduated a couple of weeks ago. Charlie 183 graduated yesterday. Delta 183 is the current senior company. All of the pages start with USCG and then the name of the company and then 183. Hope you all find us! All the pages are open so you are welcome to join or just read them all. There are photos, too and Bravo 183 has some of the best in bootcamp videos posted by their CC's.

Welcome, welcome!
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    02 May 2010 07:57 PM
    Please include a link back to this site on the pages!

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    03 May 2010 02:00 AM
    Dont forget Romeo 181 also
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831...7192549960

I hope this link works...

Julie Proud Mom to
    Danny
    Coast Guard Sector Detroit.

ProudCCMom

--
    03 May 2010 07:16 AM
    Here is the link for the Parents and Family page on Facebook. On that page are the links to all of the other pages for the companies graduated since Tango 182 up through the newest companies so far Kilo 183.

http://www.facebook.com/photo_searc...868&ref=ts
    swimm613

--
    04 May 2010 02:30 AM
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    04 May 2010 10:46 PM
    While I admire your enthusiasm for this project, WHY do you see it necessary to take people away from this site and direct them to Facebook. The gentleman who started this service, did it as a public service for members of the Coast Guard Community. It is by far THE BEST Coast Guard forum available. By directing people away from this site, you decrease the number of people who participate....the less people who view the posts, the weaker the message becomes which in the end harms everyone. Facebook is great, but this site is better. Please don't undermine the effort of the many volunteers who have made it what it is.

Thank You.

Pepper

Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    04 May 2010 11:22 PM
    While I disagree with spamming a website, A single post may be beneficial to both websites driving traffic back and forth. I do not see a problem as long as there is a reciprocating link, which to date there has not been. I am hopeful that there will be a reciprocating link placed on the pages back to this website and this issue will be resolved.

Vr,
    Chuck

These poor, plain men, dwellers upon the lonely sands of Hatteras, took their lives in their hands, and, at the most imminent risk crossed the most tumultuous sea…and all for what? That others might live to see home and friends. — Annual Report of the U.S. Life- Saving Service, 1885

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    05 May 2010 06:02 PM
    I agree with what Chukles says, I go to both sites however I get more info from here. Any time I need a answer to something this is the place to come. I don’t think I would have Survived the 8 weeks of my son being away without this site. Face book on the other hand is where I go to chit chat with past mom's I got to meet while my son was in boot camp, also to share pictures and stuff. I’m sure you all don’t want to read all our boring chit chat ha-ha. I do love this site and agree its the best site around when it comes to the Coast Guard. I also think there should be a link back to this site..

Julie Proud Mom to
    Danny
    Coast Guard Sector Detroit.

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 5/5/2010 12:36:14 PM GMT

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Pmackey

--
    05 May 2010 06:23 PM
    DITTO!
    You couldn't pry me from this forum- with or without FB this is by far the best place to connect and get answers like none other I throw this link out there often on FB just so others can hook up here.
    I don't know how anyone has made it through this process without being on here!! I love this website/ forum.. it's been the greatest thing ever!! So much information I love it!!

Proud Mom of SR Mackey

According to the apostle John, the more we understand the shoreless ocean of God's love, the less we'll fear the choppy waters of life, for "perfect love casts out fear" (1 John 4:18).

Proud Mom of FA MACKEY USCGC JARVIS (WHEC 725) Honolulu, HI
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    05 May 2010 07:57 PM
    This forum is addicting.  I discovered it the week my daughter went into boot camp (Jan 2009) and couldn't have made it through bootcamp without the support of other moms and dads.  I figured that I would stop once she got done with boot camp but it's addicting!!  There is also no end to the questions.  Once they finish boot camp-there's a school, and stations and rates and endless more questions.  It's a great place to come and find out "whats normal" and I like to pay it forward - help out the new moms and dads etc.  I joined the auxiliary as well to get a commonality with my daughter which is like a second job so don't have as much time on here but still like to keep up with what my friends are up to.  It's like getting a whole new family!!!  (yes even the bickering - after all you can't always choose your family!!!)devil

Proud Mom to FS3Kribell-USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    USCG Aux Member District 14 Divison 1
    DSO-CC/EM/PA; Flotilla FN/SR 

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    05 May 2010 08:33 PM
    this forum is great for connecting to other people who have family/loved ones leaving for the coast guard and bootcamp. there are several web-sites that are helpful for different reasons and it is always good to go back and forth and gather information from more than one source. spamming probably not so good!!

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    BBODJ

--
    06 May 2010 03:38 AM
    Posting a link in one post here is not spamming. ProudCCMom is EXTREMELY active over on Facebook (Hi Julie Love) so I think she was just sharing her enthusiasm for the pages there. People use Facebook in their daily lives and the company pages and the family page gives them a direct link to others sharing their experience, I don't see why you would have a problem with that. Who ever said looking at one website for one purpose would mean not looking at another with similar but different information? I'm sorry but that is just silly. I utilized both pages once Bored was at TRACEN Cape May. In fact, my involvement here allowed me to help answer a lot of questions (and attract some attention from some of the instructors and CCs). Why not make people aware of all the resources they have available to them when going through something like having a loved one at boot camp and out of contact? I didn't connect with a single person in the "Zulu family" on this forum, so Facebook filled that role for me. Plus, when your loved one is away, the more support and info (and distractions), the better.

And for the record, I posted the link to this site on more than one occasion on the Zulu 182 company page. As far as the family page, Julie Love, that is all you! I agree that a link for this site should be posted so people know it exists, but I guess the reverse would be true - for it to be current information it would have to be "spammed" on the Facebook page. The two sites are not related so it wouldn't necessarily make sense to put it on the info page for the USCG family & friends Facebook page...

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 5/5/2010 8:43:47 PM GMT

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 May 2010 04:08 AM
    I think it was originally posted several times. I believe that was the original issue.

"I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 May 2010 12:10 PM
    Cooch is right, there were apparently multiple posts in multiple threads.  Because I voiced the same sentiment in a PM that I didn't see any spamming problem... I was corrected that it was in multiple locations.  As much as I am on here, this is one of my multiple home pages so it opens everytime I click the internet, I still don't catch everything and the multiple posts were deleted.  So I also offered an apology for jumping to conclusions.  Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.  Our Mods are just that good and clean things up!  :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    CCMom

--
    08 Aug 2011 06:24 PM
    I think this forum is wonderful and very informative. When we made the Facebook pages, my intention was never to pull anyone away from this forum but to give them another place families can find information on their recruits. But, I do think we need to post this forum's information on the pages as well and I have been lax to do that before now. Not intentionally by any means. I will make sure all of our admins encourage families to join here as well! The more places families have to find information, the less likely they will be to call the base. Thanks for all you do here!
    Carol Graham

--
    09 Aug 2011 12:15 PM
    My son is in Juliet 185 and I am trying to find the fb page where the photos are posted of their company. Help...
    projekt83

--
    09 Aug 2011 04:07 PM
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/217046891646193/

you have to search using "USCG'company name and number'".

So in this case it would be "USCG Juliett 185"

Hope that helps!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    09 Aug 2011 05:56 PM
    Carol, there is also a closed FB page just for mothers, USCG Moms ; lots of conversation and support from both seasoned and new coastie moms.
    klhoj

--
    13 Sep 2011 10:01 PM
    When should I expect my boyfriend's company's Facebook page to be up? He left today for Cape May. I think his company is Romeo 185... any ideas? Thanks guys!
    Rejoice despite the fact this world will hurt you, and rejoice despite the fact this world will kill you, and rejoice despite the fact this world will tear you to shreds. Rejoice because you're trying your best!
    klhoj

--
    14 Sep 2011 01:00 PM
    Nevermind! I was able to find it. It wasn't coming up in my search for Facebook but I guess I did something right because I found it, so I decided to post it just in case anyone else on here is trying to keep tabs on a loved one in Romeo-185.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/159603234099736/
    Rejoice despite the fact this world will hurt you, and rejoice despite the fact this world will kill you, and rejoice despite the fact this world will tear you to shreds. Rejoice because you're trying your best!
    mmmjl5

--
    29 Sep 2011 12:01 PM

My daughter left Tuesday, Sept 27 for Cape May.  We were also told about facebook as well as this site.  My question is when will the facebook be available?  She is in company Uniform 185 or Victor 185 but when I check under both neither shows up.  Also, for just being new to this site I find it very interesting and informative.  I will continue to use this site as well as facebook.  Thanks for your help.

Proud Mom of Lauren

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Sep 2011 12:57 PM
    Welcome aboard mom! I'm sure the facebook group will start up soon. Just keep searching, sometimes the woman that sets those up is a couple of days lagged behind. We try our best to help how we can. Feel free to ask any questions, we'll do our best to help out.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ilovemycoastie&lt;3

--
    29 Sep 2011 02:23 PM
    mmmjl5: My boyfriend left Tuesday, Sept, 27 as well & is either in Uniform 185 or Victor 185. I found the facebook pages though, try searching uscg uniform 185 & uscg victor 185
    mmmjl5

--
    29 Sep 2011 02:32 PM
    Thanks for the welcome.  I'm glad we have this resource because I miss my daughter like crazy.  Not being able to talk to her every nite is killing me since she is only 18.  I know she will be just fine because she is a tough cookie and can hold her own.  But I still worry.  Moms never stop worrying no matter what so I'm sure reaching out to all of you will help me feel better.

As far as facebook, I tried putting the uscg uniform 185 as well as for victor and nothing comes up.  Is there a link perhaps? Thank you all for your help.
    Podmom92

--
    29 Sep 2011 03:04 PM
    for Victor 185 http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/1...698389640/

for Uniform 185 http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/207990799218893/

Already on the Uniform 185 page. Told my son it was my fault they decided to split because I thought I had it all figured out. Moms don't like curve balls. Welcome to the military.... I suppose I'd better get used to it.
    Proud UNIFORM 185 Mom
    mmmjl5

--
    29 Sep 2011 03:11 PM
    Thanks. Already sent my request to join both groups since I don't know yet which company she is in.
    Scubaok

--
    22 Oct 2011 07:34 PM
    I have been searching for the Tango 185 facebook page and have had no luck. Does anyone have a link for me? Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,
    Scubaok
    retrocouple

--
    23 Oct 2011 06:23 AM
    How do I find a facebook page for my son who left October 18th for Cape May. I found that he is in W-185, does this mean whiskey 185? Not sure if this is even right but found on a site that graduation for December 9th is W-185. This is so hard not talking to him. This is our last child to leave home, been a mom for 33 and half years....would love to connect in some way. Thanks
    SCCoastieMom

--
    24 Oct 2011 08:36 PM
    I don't know anything about a Facebook page but I just started today a boot camp page for our class (W185) in hopes that we could all keep each other posted on anything we hear/learn.  My son who is in this class is my first born so I'm having a really difficult time too and would love to stay in touch with other families.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement