Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Facebook pages for bootcamp companies
Last Post 16 Jul 2017 08:44 PM by delaneynoel. 62 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
westcoastiemom

--
24 Oct 2011 09:02 PM
My son has less than 2 weeks left before graduation day...He is my only boy so it was very hard to let him go also. By any chance your son unit named Whiskey 185?
SCCoastieMom

--
25 Oct 2011 07:51 AM
Yes.  W-185 (Whiskey 185) is my son's recruit company.  He just left last week and to say I've had a hard time is putting it lightly.  I am SO very proud of him and the Coast Guard presents such a wonderful opportunity with adventure.  While I know that in my head, my heart hasn't quite caught up.   If your son is two weeks out from graduation you'll be seeing him soon!
retrocouple

--
25 Oct 2011 10:00 AM
My son is in W-185 also. Where are you from SCCoastieMom? I am from Texas. We got the form letter yesterday, so have a "little" connection, but wow do I miss him. So very proud of him and know that in my mind but boy does my heart ache for him.
retrocouple

--
25 Oct 2011 10:03 AM
What is the facebook page, would love to be a part of it.  This is our fifth son, last to leave home.  I have been a stay at home mom for almost 34 years and now we are empty nesters and this is really hard.  I am having a difficult time and it would help to keep in touch with others in W185. 
SCCoastieMom

--
25 Oct 2011 10:37 AM
retrocouple,  I'm from Columbia, SC.  My Coastie (and firstborn) Braden, is the first to REALLY leave home.  I have another son who is in college in town who for all intents and purposes doesn't live at home anymore but he comes home every weekend to eat and do laundry so he hasn't really left.  :-)  It was hard when he "moved out" but nothing like this.  To make matters worse, he moved out just a couple of weeks before Braden left so I kind of lost two in a month.  My daughter, who is the baby, is a freshman in high school.  She's had a hard time with her brothers leaving as well.
laurahut77

--
26 Oct 2011 07:19 AM
Help!! Why can't I find USCG Parents, Family and Friends page on facebook?
Scubaok

--
01 Nov 2011 10:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I am still not finding anything on Facebook for Tango 185. Has anyone else had any luck? When my daughter called she said that she has heard there are a lot a pictures up of them. Any help would be great. A link would be the best if possible. I have searched every way I know how......I am no Facebook expert but I have had help from others and we still can not find it.

Scubaok
Basic Member
Basic Member
KD

--
01 Nov 2011 06:17 PM
Try this : http://www.facebook.com/groups/1914...030731685/

Also remember there are other pages out there that have a lot of support, help, even pictures:
USCG Parents, Families and Friends
USCG Moms (a closed group)
and another for Coastie Wives and Girlfriends.
Scubaok

--
02 Nov 2011 08:28 AM
KD,
Thank you so much I have sent a request to be part of the page.
Scubaok
BlessedCGMom

--
30 Nov 2011 12:08 PM
Is the only Facebook Page for Yankee 185 the Closed Group???

Just thought I would ask..

I had no idea the Facebook pages existed until today!
Louiesmom

--
30 Nov 2011 03:45 PM
Hello family members of Yankee 185. I just found this blog today. I feel like there's a lot of stuff I need to know. How do I make sure I find it all?
Louiesmom

--
30 Nov 2011 05:00 PM
Hi blessedcgmom, I have a son in Yankee 185 as well. We live in Atlanta and would love to find out any information I can get my hands on. The recruit blogs are very helpful, except for the one written for yankee which is unreadable. Where are you from?
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
01 Dec 2011 08:50 AM
Louiesmom,

You'll never be able to find all the information. Just kind of look around and when something nags at you because you don't know the answer, ask. There is always someone around ready to help out. There is a lot to absorb and you can find a lot of information on this forum. Good luck and congratulations.

Welcome aboard, look around, ask a question or two, feel free to answer some questions when you are comfortable with a subject, just jump right in... All are welcome.

Macie
Sector NY, Staten Island
LeahCorrine

--
01 Dec 2011 09:05 AM
As far as I know thats the only page for Yankee 185. Just send a request to join.

Also, join the USCG Families, Parents and Friends page. There have been a lot of pictures posted. If you look at the album from Thanksgiving, there are pictures of every recruit who was part of operation fireside. You might find your coastie

Also, there are videos from their off base run last Sunday. I couldn't find my husband in the video, but I know some others found their loved ones. The videos are posted on the Yankee 185 page, I think. Or possibly the USCG Families, Parents and Friends page.

samiam619

--
14 Dec 2011 08:29 PM
I'm trying to determine if there has been a facebook site created yet for Alpha 186 and Bravo 186. I've searched but I cannot find it! I have a daughter in Alpha 186 and my friends daughter is in Bravo 186. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
House07

--
26 Feb 2012 04:50 PM
I can't seem to find Foxtrot 186 on Facebook
careyb50

--
29 Feb 2012 09:32 AM
My daughter is going to boot camp 3-06-12.  How soon will I find out what company she is in?
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
29 Feb 2012 09:46 AM
Carey, if all things follow as they should, your girl should be Kilo-186. You can look here, I will keep things updated or you can keep a check on the USCG.MIL site. http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recr...ations.asp

I update this thread http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/12196.aspx as soon as USCG.MIL updates so you have a mailing address and correct start & graduation dates.

Juliet-186 should have started yesterday and Kilo will start next week. But if there is a case of split companies, that could change. Check here for the latest info and you won't go wrong. Welcome aboard and congratulations!
Sector NY, Staten Island
mlpereira

--
04 Mar 2012 08:18 AM
hi my wife is in juliet 186... can someone post a link to that face book page as well.
careyb50

--
04 Mar 2012 07:49 PM
Thanks Old Guard 2, appreciate the info. This is a very emotional time for us. She's my baby, going so far away, but I know she will do well. She wants this really bad and she is tough. I'm really glad she told me about this forum. It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. Thanks again.
Basic Member
Basic Member
KD

--
05 Mar 2012 12:59 PM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/347773045240325/

This should be Juliet 186's FB link.
Search FB for other support pages too--
lots of pics, chat, support out there.
USCG Parents, Family and Friends
USCG Moms
US Coast Guard Support Page
Coastie Chicks
Coasties on the Move....just a few.
careyb50

--
08 Mar 2012 09:40 AM
My daughter left for bootcamp Mar 6, what do I need to expect now?  When will there be a facebook page for her company?
cdancaster

--
30 Mar 2012 04:26 PM
The link requires that I let admin know the person I know in basic training to get permission to be a part of this group. Where do I find the email address?? or place to make this request. I'm new to facebook...I want to see the photos of my daughter in Juliet 186.
Basic Member
Basic Member
KD

--
30 Mar 2012 08:54 PM
Do you have a FB page? You will need to make one to join the pages. You can always take it down after bootcamp if FaceBook is not your thing. You should be able to see a button that says, "Request to join group". That's what you will need to click. Then look for a button that says "message" or "send message". Click on that and you will go to a page where you can send a message to the admins... hope that helps.
carolina hernandez

--
14 Jun 2012 10:08 PM
I personally want to thank all of you who have shared information on this forum. I had been asking my son for information but he does not seem to know either. This has help me greatly. It also helps me to know that I am not the only one who feels lost and looking for information. I, of course called the recruiter who told me he would call me back. Thank you everyone for sharing information. I would like to know if there is a shuttle from the Philadelphia airport to the Cape May?
Lost Mom.
carolina hernandez

--
14 Jun 2012 10:08 PM

Thank you for the information.  Lost mom

Basic Member
Basic Member
KD

--
14 Jun 2012 10:59 PM
Hi, Carolina; do you mean a shuttle for the recruits, or for family coming in on flights for graduation?
For the recruits, yes, a bus will pick them up at the USO and take them to Cape May.
For anyone else, no--you will need to rent a car, but it's not a bad drive. Where are you coming from?
Some FB pages for you , here--each one is a little different, but they all have great information and kind hearts, kind of like this forum!
Check them out and find your fit.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGMoms/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGSupportPage/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGSupportPage/#!/groups/USCGParentsandfamily/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/159648550828430/ (USCG Moms and Grandmas)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/137725606356651/ Coast Guard Fathers, Husbands and Fiances

Some are very casual with lots of off topic chat. Others are more closely focused and moderated. There are others, too, like Coastie Chicks and Coasties on the Move. Welcome!
Keep asking questions here, too...someone will always come along who knows.
petartist

--
08 Dec 2012 08:27 AM
How do you join the USCG Parents Family and Friends?  My son arrived to Cape May Tuesday Dec. 4. I have no idea what his company is or anything.
Can anyone help me find this information?
Thanks!

Basic Member
Basic Member
KD

--
08 Dec 2012 09:33 AM
First you need a FB account of your own

All of the above pages are closed groups, for privacy. Find the button to request to join and send a message to an administrator describing your relationship to your recruit.
Let me know if you need more help! I really enjoy the Moms' page I'm on...it's been good company for me for nearly two years now.

https://www.facebook.com/ourmominneed

^this is another page with good stuff, too....not a closed group like the others, just a page.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
08 Dec 2012 06:21 PM
Petartist - If you look in the FAQ section on here, I already have posted the company name, hall and address. You can get it directly from there. Join the facebook groups, they are very good. But there is information on this site as well. If you found this, you can find the FAQ section and get answers as well. Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask any questions. We are more than happy to help.
Sector NY, Staten Island
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement