Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Single with Baggage
Last Post 08 May 2010 08:34 PM by Teraylrun. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Teraylrun

--
03 May 2010 02:05 PM
    Im single and haven't lived with my parents for a long time. Leaving my stuff with them is not an option. When I go to Basic, is it better that I leave my stuff with someone at a house for the military to pack up and take or in a storage unit, already packed up? Also, since there is a good chance that I will be stationed on a cutter and hence, no place for my household goods, what do people do with their stuff if they are older and have accumulated things that can't be left with parents anymore? Will the military move my stuff from a storage unit in my hometown to a storage unit near my first duty station? Or, will they move my stuff from a storage unit in my hometown and drop it off at some company headquarters at my first duty station so that I can then find and transport it to a nearby storage unit. And the stuff I am talking about is stuff that I might want access to depending on the circumstances of my first duty station: new bed, desk and chair, clothes, books, musical instruments, computer, files, keepsakes... What are the older single people that are stationed and live in barracks on the cutter doing with their stuff? I know when single people get deployed with the Army, their stuff is packed up and stored by the military - but that's for a deployment not a regular duty station. This idea of living on a boat is really new to me and I am just wondering what people do with their stuff. Thanks
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 May 2010 12:27 AM
    I'm just curious. You sound like you're older than the typical applicant. How old are you?

"I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Teraylrun

--
    06 May 2010 12:56 PM
    You're right Cooch! Im 29.

“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . his sleep brings dreams of home.”

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 May 2010 02:26 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the age cutoff for the Coast Guard is you can't have reached your 28th birthday (For active duty). If you are interested in the reserves, you still have time.

"I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Teraylrun

--
    07 May 2010 01:10 AM
    come on Cooch, you know that's not the rules for prior service!

“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . his sleep brings dreams of home.”

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    07 May 2010 02:13 AM
    Well, you never mentioned anything about being prior service. I just assumed that you posted your question in the wrong area. How many years of prior service do you have? What was your pay grade and job when you got out? What was your RE code on your DD214? Your chances of coming in above E-3 are pretty much slim to none. If your RE code is anything other than an RE-1, we couldn't process you. All of the information would help me paint a more realistic picture for you.

Teraylrun

--
    08 May 2010 08:34 PM
    I think my questions have already been asked before. I didn't realize there were so many pages of questions and answers. I've got some reading to do!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement