Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Phone Call
Last Post 16 May 2010 08:02 PM by Pmackey. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lynn

--
15 May 2010 12:23 AM
    Just wondering- My husband is going into week 5 of basic,and has already filled out his dream sheet(according to his blog) so i was curious as to whether there is a specific day of the week that the Unit Assignments(first station) are announced? If so, how long after that are they usually allowed to call and let others know? Im so anxious to find out where we are going!
    Thankss

You and Me Together Could do Anything<3

Missy30440

--
    15 May 2010 01:17 AM
    Hi Lynn,
    We are going through that process right now. My SR wrote this week saying he receives his orders Thursday or Friday (They usually find out Thursday) (of week 5). Then the calls start Friday. It is friday and we have not heard anything from my SR. But others in the same company have gotten phone calls from their recruits today. They go from Friday through whenever the last person calls home. However if your SR would by chance be sick, in sick bay then you may not get the call until that Monday or whenever they feel up to calling. (I've heard that happening to some folks with recruits in past companies). Hope this helps....we are still anxiously waiting for our call :) Good luck and hope your Husband is doing great!
    MB
    Go hotel 183 !
    Lynn

--
    15 May 2010 01:27 AM
    Aw!! I hope he is not sick. Well thank you for letting me know! Maybe we will get calls tomorrow. you said you are waiting for a call as well?? So they DO come this week!! I will keep my phone right at my hip all day long tomorrow. Good luck to you as well! Let me know when you hear from him!!
    And yes, gooo hotel 183! :)

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2bKnbb

--
    15 May 2010 01:34 AM
    Lynn,

Foxtrot got our calls on a thurday afternoon, so anytime that weekend you could get a call. Also I dont know if anyones told you yet, but the call is very brief and serious, so dont be surprised if they dont sound quite like them. Good Luck!!

The proud wife of:
    SR Fisch
    Foxtrot 183

You are only as strong as you appear to be
    Lynn

--
    15 May 2010 01:48 AM
    I know, i heard they are very formal, thanks again for the warning :)..as long as i hear his voice(serious or not) ill be happy, im just so anxious to know where we are going to start packing for!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AET2bKnbb

--
    15 May 2010 02:18 AM
    Yea its quite the journey, my husband is in Foxtrot, so I just went through this just a couple of weeks ago. Nothing will beat the first call he makes where its just "him". Well dont get to far in packing because if your getting a moving company you can sit back and let them do all the work.

The proud wife of:
    SR Fisch
    Foxtrot 183

You are only as strong as you appear to be
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lollipop

--
    15 May 2010 02:24 AM
    Phone calls 'usually' start on Thursdays and go through Sunday. However, like mentioned before, they can be late like mine which was a week late.
    Hang in there!

Proud mom of SN Daniel Cable - ALFA 183 

Proud mom of SN Daniel Cable - ALFA 183 
    Missy30440

--
    15 May 2010 02:54 AM
    hey Lynn, still no call. He is calling his parents and they are going to let me know. Hoping the call comes tomorrow! Even better if it was in the am before I go to work.. :) hehe. Enjoy hearing from your SR!
    MB
    Lynn

--
    15 May 2010 11:49 AM
    Thanks, i will be keeping my phone on right by my side at work all day
    Thanks for all the support! The moving truck sounds great!

Lynn

--
    15 May 2010 12:34 PM
    JUST GOT THE CALL!!! We got Miami, FL. He is on a cutter though a 278, for 5 weeks in, 5 weeks out......just taking it all in now. Im excited for FL though!!!!

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 May 2010 02:15 PM
    Congratulations Lynn. How far from home is Miami? Best of luck! :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Missy30440

--
    15 May 2010 09:42 PM
    We got a call too and before I went into work this morning !! My boyfriend will be heading to San Diego.. weird thing he didnt tell his mom the name of the ship, just that it was 378 feet long, haha! I'm assuming it's the Hamilton? Lynn I agree, it is still settling with me as well. But am very proud of him and glad he got what he wanted! Take care.
    MB
    Go hotel 183!! So proud of you all :)
    Lynn

--
    15 May 2010 11:21 PM
    Does anyone know how i can look and find out information about his cutter, and how long exactly he will be out for, he said 5 weeks so im assuming its that.
    And San Diego, that sounds great missy!
    And thank you marcie! We are from new Jersey, i know he wanted FL so we are happy with that! Just now need to find out about his cutter

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Pmackey

--
    16 May 2010 08:02 PM
    http://www.uscg.mil/top/units/

Check this site out and click on his district.. it should take you to where you want to go!! happy hunting.

Proud Mom of SR Mackey

According to the apostle John, the more we understand the shoreless ocean of God's love, the less we'll fear the choppy waters of life, for "perfect love casts out fear" (1 John 4:18).

Proud Mom of FA MACKEY USCGC JARVIS (WHEC 725) Honolulu, HI
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement