Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
278 Cutter
Last Post 31 May 2010 01:25 PM by CSAYank. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lynn

--
15 May 2010 11:26 PM
    my SR and i are moving to miami beach, FL, just got the phone call today..and looking to find out more info. about his cutter, 278 cutter, as he said..think he said he is out for 5 weeks, and in 5...Anyone know where i can find more info about his cutter?? Or do i have to wait till i can talk to him next? thanks:)

You and Me Together Could do Anything<3

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    16 May 2010 02:46 AM
    The Coast Guard does not have 278' Cutters. There are 378's, but those are mainly on the West Coast, Hawaii, and Alaska. Your Sr may be referring to the CGC VALIANT ,homeported in Miami Beach.

Congratulations!

Parker2334

--
    16 May 2010 02:56 AM
    Here's the USCG's info for the USCGC Valiant, a 378 in Miami.

http://www.uscg.mil/lantarea/cgcValiant/

Edit: Someone beat me to it

SN on a WLB

SN on a WLB
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 May 2010 03:00 AM
    The Valiant is a 210, not a 378. :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Lynn

--
    16 May 2010 03:02 AM
    i was trying to research, but if that is the case...then how long do they stay out for when they are out, my SR told me 5 weeks out?

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    16 May 2010 03:41 AM
    5-6 weeks is about right. I've seen the occaisional 2 month patrol though.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." - Deep Thought by Jack Handey

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Lynn

--
    16 May 2010 05:20 PM
    jsut found out my SR will be on the Valiant, and yes Macie...you are correct, it is a 210, not a 378 :)

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 May 2010 08:54 PM
    210's are named for the behavior expected of Coasties... to be Valiant, Dependable, Diligent... etc. :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Lynn

--
    18 May 2010 03:14 AM
    Awesome, im so happy and excited for him! He sounded reallll happy when i talked to him!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    18 May 2010 05:07 AM
    OldGuard said...
    210's are named for the behavior expected of Coasties... to be Valiant, Dependable, Diligent... etc. :)
    What about the CGC Sleepy?  CGC Flexible? 

A coincidence that I'm posting this at 2 am; I think not :)

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 May 2010 12:24 PM
    Semper Gumby, Husband! Not too mention Semper Diarrhea... always on the run. I have a few others but I don't think they are fit to print! LOL

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    devins_love

--
    19 May 2010 03:06 AM
    Not to burst your bubble, but my husband is on a 210' currently. They told us the same thing - 6 weeks out 6 weeks in, but he's currently on a 10 week patrol...soooooo they can do what they want! I'm having to buy into the Semper Gumby philosophy...just trying to go with the flow! I just wish someone had told me ahead of time that it's possible the schedules COULD be longer...I just never realized that could happen, but it does.

Chianne
    Wife of an FN
    Astoria, OR! CGC Steadfast with TAD on CGC Alert

Lynn

--
    19 May 2010 12:23 PM
    Yikes...10 weeks...thats pretty long. Im hoping his wont be as long, actually praying it wont be so long...but we are wives of coast guard men, gotta take the good with the bad! What ship is he on?

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    19 May 2010 06:45 PM
    Just remember that the 6 out - 6 in, is an average. All cutters will spend at least 180 days away from home port every year. Whether it be a few months at a time, or a week at a time, they all spend the same minimum days away from home port.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." - Deep Thought by Jack Handey

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    devins_love

--
    19 May 2010 09:15 PM
    Right now he's temporarily on CGC Alert...that was the surprise. lol His current station is CGC Steadfast. They are both 210's. Steadfast is on dry dock in Maryland, so the Alert is pulling a little double duty. Everyone on the Alert gets 10 weeks in when they come back...but Devin gets a few weeks and then back out with the Steadfast. Ah, the good and the bad...it's true. This is what we signed up for and I knew full well the reality of time away. It does no good for me to be bent out of shape about it. Luckily, I live in housing, and it's a pretty big neighborhood and everyone is super nice to me, so I've got a lot of support. Also, my job transferred, so I was able to start working immediately. It's all about staying busy and your attitude towards the situation!

Chianne
    Wife of an FN
    Astoria, OR! CGC Steadfast with TAD on CGC Alert

Lynn

--
    19 May 2010 11:44 PM
    Very true, Very true. I am hoping to meet some nice wives in Miami, Fl. So we will have each other as a support team, but even better i can meet some friends, and explore florida with. :)
    That is great everything worked out for you!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    30 May 2010 09:45 PM
    I'm actually at STA/Sector Miami quite a bit for AUX. There's a bunch of great people there and the area, of course, is nice also. You're
    always but a drive from Miami Beach ( literally, right there ), fort lauderdale or the keys. Enjoy it! But don't be fooled by our "Sunshine State" motto. It's summer.... Hurricane season.... It rains A LOT. But ony for a time, then it goes away. Congrats, you guys got a great first billet!

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Lynn

--
    31 May 2010 02:15 AM
    Thank you im very excited for him!!! And very excited for our move. I just saw him yesterday for his off base liberty, so Friday he graduates and then not too long after that we will be on our way :) Im guessing its going to be pretttty hot and cant wait to meet some great people!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    31 May 2010 01:25 PM
    Hot and muggy, but aweome! Congrats to you both!!

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement