Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Basic Training Interview Series
Last Post 07 Jan 2011 03:17 AM by sweaty. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
25 May 2010 02:30 AM
    There are new videos on the Coast Guard's recruiting website that are worth a look.  The cameras follow a handful of recruits through the basic training process, starting at the recruiting office.  There are more videos coming out soon, but they posted up to week 4 so far.  All of these people went to basic training last summer.

The Company Commander on the main page is PO Vandenberg.  If you're lucky enough, you will get to meet him at Sexton Hall.  devil

Enjoy:

http://www.gocoastguard.com/being-a-guardian/basic-training/basic-training-interview-series

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." - Deep Thought by Jack Handey

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Vikingsailor796

--
    25 May 2010 05:52 AM
    Funny story about this. Tonight me, ashpod, and tara were at a veterans banquest that honored veterans past present and future. We swore in with about 100 other recruits in front of about 200 people. There were some celebs there aswell. I also met a guy who was in X-ray 181 who you can see as a backround in the videos and I looked it up and was like WOAH haha.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    25 May 2010 01:13 PM
    I was in Bravo 182 and X-Ray was our sister company sorta. They taught us how to stand watch. I recognize several people in those videos. One person from that company, who you see in every video, got reverted to our company. When the first video came out, I was like, 'OMG! I know these people!' lol

USCGC Chandeleur
    Miami Beach, FL

"Go out and do good things."
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Pmackey

--
    25 May 2010 02:19 PM
    Cooch said...

The Company Commander on the main page is PO Vandenberg.  If you're lucky enough, you will get to meet him at Sexton Hall.  devil

I got to hear some interesting stories about him. yeah

Proud Mom of
    FA MACKEY, JOSHUA
    USCGC JARVIS

According to the apostle John, the more we understand the shoreless ocean of God's love, the less we'll fear the choppy waters of life, for "perfect love casts out fear" (1 John 4:18).

Proud Mom of FA MACKEY USCGC JARVIS (WHEC 725) Honolulu, HI
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    25 May 2010 03:01 PM
    He's a great guy, and he loves what he does.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." - Deep Thought by Jack Handey

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Punctual

--
    26 May 2010 11:31 PM
    Haha, PO Vandenburg did ceremonial for about a week prior to his Sexton hall duties while I went through with ECHO-183.

All our company commanders made fun of the Company he started with for about a week before he got moved to sexton hall, called them 'So shitty that their CC quit on them.' referring to PO Vandenburg changing to forming for Sexton Hall. ;P
    Punctual

--
    26 May 2010 11:41 PM
    I also hear that PO Morgan will be joining PO Vandenburg as some of the new Sexton Hall forming company commanders.

I feel sorry for those future recruits! That's going to be one tough weekend!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Vikingsailor796

--
    27 May 2010 12:43 AM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm3njR6RdJg

Probably what I would be singing in my head
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ssetnicky

--
    27 May 2010 01:36 AM
    AMT2 Vandenberg was my company commander in Charlie 183. He is by far one of the biggest influences in my life thus far, and a truly great man. Hilarious too (once you stop getting beaten towards the end)

SN Setnicky
    @ TRACEN Petaluma for OS "A" School

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    poogotflung

--
    27 May 2010 05:31 PM
    Boon is my fireman.

sweaty

--
    07 Jan 2011 03:17 AM
    Vandenberg is a riot. I was in his first company Oscar 180. He was always getting stuff mixed up, and coming back ten minutes later saying "Belay my last." He cracked jokes all the time, and made me "suck that fart up like a hoover vac." when the guy in front of me passed gas and i laughed. He also like to check himself out in the mirrors too. All around great guy, and excellent CC. Takes his job serious and really cares about the development of his companies. Hope I get to work for him one of these days.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement