Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
volunteer duties at bootcamp?
Last Post 12 Oct 2010 06:40 PM by cgfowen22. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mdh*831

--
26 May 2010 04:19 PM
    I heard that there are some volunteer duties at boot camp like color guard, what are some and what do they do?

5 more days!!!!hop

PetesCoastieWife

--
    26 May 2010 05:57 PM
    You can also do drill. My husband did it and loved it. There are other voluntary things to do too. My husband said he constantly volunteered to do stuff just to keep himself busy to help the time go by. =]

Proud Wife
    of
    FN Pete Vann

Proud Wife of FN Pete Vann
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    26 May 2010 07:34 PM
    Band, yeoman, mail delivery, yeoman,historian are some of the others.

Trusted Member
    E

--
    26 May 2010 07:58 PM
    laundry duty. I was never lucky enough to get on it.

"If, in order to be popular I have to do what other people want me to do, regardless of my own convictions, then I have no desire to be popular, and I am quite sure I will never be." Commodore Ellsworth Bertholf, First Coast Guard Commandant

Punctual

--
    26 May 2010 11:39 PM
    Keep in mind, if you're one of those people that strive for achievements and awards. I'd volunteer for Yeoman, and do a damn good job. If you perform your tasks well, take everything in stride, and never think anything is personal there is a good chance you'll end up with the honor graduate award if your company commanders feel you worked hard enough. You'll have an edge over most of the other people in the company.

Also realize, you'll be a prime candidate for 'incentive' training alot until you start doing everything perfectly!

I volunteered for color guard and got picked to be the national ensign (US flag) bearer due to my height (6'1") it was a good way to have the time pass every night at practice.<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 5/27/2010 12:40:07 AM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MSTWNAB

--
    27 May 2010 01:38 AM
    Punctual said...
    If you perform your tasks well, take everything in stride, and never think anything is personal there is a good chance you'll end up with the honor graduate award if your company commanders feel you worked hard enough.

When I went through last year our company did it solely on a points scale. Test scores, mid terms, finals, and the range were all computed together to get the final score. I seem to remember that the biggest factor came down to the range because that is the one score that can vary the most.
    USCG SN
    = FY11
    littlemyers56

--
    27 May 2010 02:05 AM
    When I was at boot I did Colors and I was one of the Watch Coordinators. If you wanted to be hated by your shipmates do watch coordinator. I honestly loved it. And colors was the best. It was nerve racking because you were always watched as you did it, but I have never had more pride in myself then when I did Colors. Some people do really well keeping their head down during boot but I raised my hand all the time and volunteered a lot and I wouldn't change it if I were to do it again.

Punctual

--
    27 May 2010 06:04 AM
    MSTWNAB said...
    Punctual said...
    If you perform your tasks well, take everything in stride, and never think anything is personal there is a good chance you'll end up with the honor graduate award if your company commanders feel you worked hard enough.

When I went through last year our company did it solely on a points scale. Test scores, mid terms, finals, and the range were all computed together to get the final score. I seem to remember that the biggest factor came down to the range because that is the one score that can vary the most.

My company commanders didn't factor in any scores. It's ultimately their decision who makes honor graduate. I'm sure each lead company commander does it a different way.

Our yeoman got selected, he didn't have the best scores on anything, but I don't think anyone in the company felt like he didn't deserve it. He busted his buns in boot camp getting what he needed to get done, done.
    mdh*831

--
    28 May 2010 07:27 PM
    thanks guys i'll keep that in mind

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sammy T

--
    30 May 2010 02:42 AM
    Scores = Honor Graduate/seamanship award. Best Shipmate Award - well it explains itself

'The will of God will never take us where the Grace of God will not protect us.'

Mr.Magic

--
    07 Oct 2010 08:37 PM
    Hate to bring up an old thread but....

What are the yeoman's duties at bootcamp?
    Mr.Magic

--
    07 Oct 2010 08:37 PM
    Hate to bring up an old thread but....

What are the yeoman's duties at bootcamp?
    cgfowen22

--
    12 Oct 2010 06:40 PM
    Def. do laundry duty. It seems pointless at first, but soon your everybodies hero, and it keeps you pretty busy.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement