Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Deleting messages
Last Post 25 Jun 2010 07:32 PM by captkyguy. 21 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Hopeful

--
23 Jun 2010 05:36 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to clean out my inbox? Haven't figured that out yet.Wasn't able to find a delete button. Thank you.
    H
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    sunny717

--
    23 Jun 2010 05:50 AM

In the Community tab, scoll down to USCG Inbox. See all your Msg, on the right side on each line is an X , click on that and it will delete that one.
    Sunny
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    23 Jun 2010 07:35 AM
    It also seems (still tying to figure it out) deletes the connected one in the sent box as well and vice versa if deleting the sent messages for the inbox. I lost a couple of messages I was not quite ready to delete that way. But as sunny says the x marks the spot.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Hopeful

--
    24 Jun 2010 06:35 AM
    Thanks so much! Still learning....
    admin

--
    24 Jun 2010 01:53 PM

It seems that deleting the first message in a private message thread deletes the entire thread.

I've been discussing this with the Forum developer and according to him this is the standard way that most forums work and he is discouraging me from changing it.

I am not sure that this is the best way to do things and I am thinking of changing it against his advise. I've also seen messages deleted that I didn't expect.

I will be thinking this issue through and considering the various options before I make a change and I am still open to any thoughts.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jun 2010 03:46 PM
    I'm on the fence... I don't know if I need a chain of 32 messages to get the final information I want to retain. But then again I like having the chain to look back through to see hwere the conversation began, headed, turned, curved... so I can keep the PM the way it is or go back to how it sort of was on the old site. I'm a 50/50 split on this one... make that 65/35... I sort of like this one a little more.

I just like to keep things lively and confusing if at all possible. HAHAHA Thanks again for the work and looking at what are suggestions are.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    24 Jun 2010 08:48 PM
    I love the chain...I can actually remember what we were discussing back and forth...

Just wish the font was bigger so I could read it a lot easier...just sayin :-)

Question: How many PM's will it hold before causing problems if we do not delete?
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    admin

--
    24 Jun 2010 11:03 PM
    Regarding Font: I am looking at making the font adjustible, but managing this forum is a hobby, so these things take time.

There is no limit on the PM's so don't worry about it
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jun 2010 07:30 AM
    Admin, You mean we aren't your first & foremost priority... I'm so hurt! LOL We all realize this is a hobby for all of us, except maybe me, I think I'm making it a profession... but for everyone else, we know it's a hobby. We just throw suggestions out there and when you get to them, think about them, decide what to do with them... we'll all still be here just waiting to see the next round of changes. It's all good.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    25 Jun 2010 09:01 AM
    No worries...Thanks Admin!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    25 Jun 2010 11:35 AM
    Macie is currently working on her dissertation for a PHD in Forum Posting. Pretty soon it's gonna be Dr. Old Guard.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jun 2010 11:46 AM
    I'm the Poet Laureate! I think I need to change my name again! LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    admin

--
    25 Jun 2010 12:45 PM
    I never said you weren't my first & foremost priority and to prove it take notice of the three 'T's at the bottom of the forum. Now you can choose your own font size.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    25 Jun 2010 01:01 PM
    Admin must be an MK. Only MKs move as fast as he does.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    25 Jun 2010 01:03 PM
    Absoultely totallay fantastic and awesome I can see...woo hoo this is great!

4+ is looking pretty darn good
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jun 2010 01:20 PM
    I'm loving it! I have a new hero!

Huzzah to Admin! I knew you loved us! LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jun 2010 01:21 PM
    Kyle,

We can see again without squinting and trading glasses! hahahaha
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    25 Jun 2010 01:57 PM
    Absoultely totallay fantastic and awesome I can see...woo hoo this is great!

You'd think the guy just won the lottery.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jun 2010 02:40 PM
    It doesn't take much to entertain us... We are simple people.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    25 Jun 2010 03:04 PM
    Simply entertained is for sure...

Great to have you back Gears!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    25 Jun 2010 04:44 PM
    Kyle, Macie!! I was digging in my couch looking for lost change, and I found a PEANUT!!! I couldn't believe it!! A peanut! In my couch! It truly was an epic turning point in my life.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    25 Jun 2010 07:32 PM
    LOL That is Awesome!

One could almost compare that moment to the lottery...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement