Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
anyone here ride or have riden a motorcycle?
Last Post 27 Aug 2010 09:46 PM by husband. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CoolBreeze

--
13 Aug 2010 12:15 AM

just curious how many coasties out there have or have riden bikes. i myself have had a bike since i was sixteen. started on a honda night hawk 250 when i turned seventeen i sold it and bought a 1989 yamaha radian 600 then a year later after being hit by a car who ran a stop sign i bought a 1991 honda cbr 600. i recently sold it so that i wouldnt have to worry about any injuries while trying to become a coastie but i miss it. so if you ride or have rode i would be very curious as to what kindof bike it was.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Aug 2010 05:57 AM
    I had a Polaris Sportman ATV... but I think you are looking for a different sort of bike. But I know what you mean about missing it, not quite the same but I used to love riding our 4-wheelers and mudding and off roading... we would always have a blast!

When you do get another bike, just be careful out there. A lot of crazies that don't respect a bike rider.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    13 Aug 2010 05:58 AM
    Have ridden a few, honda 500, RM 125 on the street. Last bike I owned was a suzuki GS750E~ Loved that bike. Looking at a Harley this weekend.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    13 Aug 2010 06:16 AM
    Nope...but I have picked many of riders up off the street and rushed them to the emergency room...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    CoolBreeze

--
    13 Aug 2010 08:59 AM
    When you do get another bike, just be careful out there. A lot of crazies that don't respect a bike rider.

yep i know what you mean. ive been in 4 accidents and none of them were caused by me. every one of them happened because the other driver didnt look or wasnt paying attention.

Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    13 Aug 2010 09:52 AM
    4 auto drivers have tried to kill you while riding your motocycle and you are still going to ride one of those things...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    13 Aug 2010 10:00 AM
    The only cycle i have ridden was a yz 250 dirt bike off road i am not going to put my life into another drivers hands lol.
    CoolBreeze

--
    13 Aug 2010 10:58 AM
    Yea I've had my share. The way I see it. Is there are two types of riders those who have crashed and those that will. I have taken countless riding classes and even with the danger I can't get enough of it. But to each his own lol
    Garrett375

--
    19 Aug 2010 12:03 AM
    ohhh man, my kind of topic =)
    just bought a brand new CRF450 (motocross bike)... she is beautiful
    been riding and racing dirtbikes since i was 5!
    so far in 14 years , broke both wrists, a plate with 9 screws on my collar bone (hopefully ill get by MEPS) and 2 concussions.
    Also i have a honda magna 1100cc street bike.
    everything from street to dirt to metal ramps...
    braaaap
    CoolBreeze

--
    19 Aug 2010 06:01 AM
    very nice dude. im waiting til i get settled in the cg before i get my next one. but im planning on buying a buell lightning xb12.
    Garrett375

--
    19 Aug 2010 11:17 AM
    Sweet
    Buels aren't being made anymore...
    Sad face
    CoolBreeze

--
    19 Aug 2010 11:26 AM
    I know it sucks but there should be enough out there that I can find a nice used one
    Garrett375

--
    20 Aug 2010 12:37 AM
    oh for sure! the only problem is finding parts further down the road, when those parts havent been made in a while. its quite a pain in the @$$ actually...
    CoolBreeze

--
    20 Aug 2010 01:17 PM
    I bet. I'm really hoping to find a kawi zrx eventually I freakin love that bike
    Garrett375

--
    21 Aug 2010 04:49 PM
    oh heck yeah!!! i have an 1100cc cruiser. top speed of 170mh lol if i had that kawi i would most defintely have a hard time obeying the speed limit hahaha
    Bailey

--
    21 Aug 2010 08:33 PM
    I had a 2001 CBR600 F4i about 4 years ago. Loved that thing but it made me so nervous! Probably because everyone STARES at you and it always made me nervous haha. That and when I laid it over at a gas station... I grabbed the front brake too hard and grabbed the throttle as it was going over (hitting the rev limiter causing everyone to look at me). It's not fun when you're 110 lbs and can't pick up your own bike. Had to have the guy at the pump next to me pick it up. Talk about embarrassing.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    husband

--
    27 Aug 2010 09:46 PM

Yep...I have a 2009 Kawisaki Ninja 650r. 

Looking at a 2010 Kawisaki Ninja ZX-10r

All black of course

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement