Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
December 14th 2010
Last Post 14 Dec 2010 02:47 PM by captkyguy. 45 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
m0ngoos3

--
07 Sep 2010 01:15 PM
    I just got my ship date today, I requested December so that family could come to the graduation. November would have made plane tickets really expensive lol So now I'm spending Christmas in Basic Training, YAY! lol
    I'm flying out of Houston, TX.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Sep 2010 02:30 PM
    Congratulations!! Winter in Cape May... ahhh, the fun you will have! You have never really shoveled snow if you're from Houston, have you?? I know there are still some pictures out there from last February. I think that was a particularly weird winter, considering we got a foot of snow in Ft Worth... but still worth looking for. It might be more important to know how to man a shovel then how to do a push up! (I jest... push ups will still be important!)

But really... Best of luck & congratulations!!

Macie
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    m0ngoos3

--
    07 Sep 2010 03:42 PM
    Haha, yeah I figured that the weather was going to be an issue. I'm not a Houston native, I am originally from southern California--Not much of an improvement when it comes to dealing with snow lol. My father lives in Colorado, so I've seen some snow, but nothing too dramatic...Along with the stresses of everything else, I'm going to put myself through the stresses of severe snowfall as well...I just hope I don't get sick =/
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Sep 2010 05:56 AM
    Just about everyone in boot camp gets sick, "The Cape May Crud"! It is to just what extreme you get it. But don't worry, everyone gets it & they treat everyone well. If you are beyond the normal range of crud, they will get you better. The medical care really is very top notch.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    uscg_nick

--
    17 Sep 2010 02:27 AM
    Its not set in stone but I met with my recruiter Thursday to finish my paperwork and he is sending out a ship date on Monday and he said he thinks it will be december 14th. So I might be right along there with you doing training on Christmas : )
    Shipping out December 14th 2010
    13BRE

--
    21 Sep 2010 03:42 AM
    Awesome, looks like I got December 14th as well! Looking forward to seeing ya'll.
    Civ2Coastie

--
    27 Sep 2010 03:01 PM
    Ill be seeing you there Matt! Cant wait bro!!
    uscg_nick

--
    27 Sep 2010 03:12 PM
    Where you guys coming from?

Im coming from Pittsburgh PA
    Civ2Coastie

--
    27 Sep 2010 04:26 PM
    Ill probably be flying out of Sacramento, CA
    uscg_nick

--
    27 Sep 2010 06:07 PM
    Your leaving the 7th tho?
    13BRE

--
    05 Oct 2010 10:00 PM
    I'll probably fly out of Sacramento as well.
    uscg_nick

--
    05 Oct 2010 11:55 PM
    I'm leaving the 14th for sure now.
    alwaysawriter

--
    07 Nov 2010 02:47 PM
    See you guys in a month!! Shipping out of Jacksonville, FL Dec. 14th!! So excited/nervous!!
    13BRE

--
    07 Nov 2010 09:23 PM
    Awesome, see you there!
    PeteK

--
    08 Nov 2010 09:46 AM
    Marylander here checking in, I ship out on the 14th as well!!

my birthday is on the 11th so at least I can enjoy that!
    ridevzride

--
    24 Nov 2010 12:11 AM
    I found out yesterday I ship 14 DEC 2010. Looks like I'll be joining everyone for the training on Christmas.

I'll be shipping out of Portland, Oregon. Any others shipping out of PDX?
    alwaysawriter

--
    24 Nov 2010 07:34 AM
    Welcome!  I'm glad to see another person shipping the 14th! I think the next closest date after ours is the 5th of Jan. :/  So we'll be the new kids for a while I suppose...but anyway, look forward to meeting you in just a few short weeks.
    m0ngoos3

--
    25 Nov 2010 10:06 PM
    The time is flying by to our ship date. I spoke with the chief at my recruiting station and she said that we would most likely be able to participate in Operation fireside =O mainly because everyone at the training center wants time with their families and wants all of the recruits out for the holidays lol

I am really excited to go, but at the same time I try not to think too much about it because I start to feel panic-y lol

The full gravity of the situation is really starting to set in... I am going to be a nervous wreck the day we ship O_O
    uscg_nick

--
    25 Nov 2010 10:51 PM
    That's awesome news if we get to do operation fireside. I'm so excited to go but I know the night before we ship I will be so nervous. Haha. The chief at my recruiting office said since were going in the winter we wont run as much because the CCs don't want to be at in the cold either.
    alwaysawriter

--
    26 Nov 2010 07:35 AM
    Oh that would be awesome to get a little break from the madness!! I thought since we would've just arrived we probably wouldn't be granted that liberty. I am really starting to get nervous also, :/ it's creeping up SOO fast!! I feel like just yesterday it was 2 months away and then I just woke up and it's less than 3 weeks.  

I can't even fathom the knots my stomach will be in the last few days/night before we ship!

Btw it's hard to tell from some of the screen names, but m0ngoos3 I noticed your profile pic is a wedding photo, are you the bride or the groom (if you don't mind my asking)?? Just curious if there were any other females on this ship date post!
    Matt10p

--
    27 Nov 2010 09:49 PM
    I will be seeing you all there on the 14th! I can't wait, but at the same time, I know what you mean, 2 months ago seemed so far away, and now that I think about it, its only about 17 days away! I will spending Christmas there with you guys!
    PeteK

--
    29 Nov 2010 12:34 PM
    Less running = more pushups!!

So soon!!

uscg_nick

--
    29 Nov 2010 03:53 PM
    That's what I was thinking. I'm not trying to get my hopes up for operation fireside but it would be very nice. It will mark us finishing week 2.... I guess we will find out soon though
    knapster6

--
    30 Nov 2010 11:42 AM

Shipping the 14th as well out of Detroit, my wife is already CG on the USCGC Hollyhock in Port Huron. My username doesnt have my name in it but my last name is Knapp, forget about first names at Cape May. Hopefully we get to participate in operation fireside, pretty much everyone wants to go home with their family and get rid of us so we may get to although I heard the size of the companies started getting large again which could affect that.

My wife and her unit have been threatning to call our company commanders and send me teddy bears, let's hope that doesn't happen.

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Nov 2010 12:06 PM
    The minimum time at Cape May is generally 3 weeks to participate in Operation Fireside. CC's and their families are well aware they may have a forming company the weeks of Thanksgiving or Christmas (well week 2 since they don't actually form that specific week). Holidays away from home are part & parcel of what is to be expected. Hope to be able to particpate, prepare to not be able to participate. Just don't want someone getting their hopes up only to have them squished.

But best of luck and it will all be great either way!

Macie
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    uscg_nick

--
    30 Nov 2010 03:10 PM
    Thank you Macie. I have heard that 3 weeks is minimum and I don't expect to get it but someone posted on here earlier that their recruiter said we should. We will only be 11 days in so I don't expect any special surprises from our CC's. I didn't even tell my family that we might because They will be crushed the most if they are waiting around all Christmas day for a phone call.
    frankenstinesy

--
    30 Nov 2010 06:45 PM
    Hey, I'll be joining all of you Dec 14. Coming from Chicago. Looking forward to it! I'm Prior Service, so I know a little of what to expect from the boot camp experience. I think the proper motto should be: Less running = More snow shoveling! lol. Won't Christmas be at the end of week 1 for us? I don't think the first few days actually count as a week. I could be mistaken though. It would be nice to have that opportunity though.
    uscg_nick

--
    30 Nov 2010 11:03 PM
    We are there for "8weeks" but its really 7 1/2. We leave on Tuesday the 14th and Friday 17th will end week 1. What prior service do you have?
    m0ngoos3

--
    02 Dec 2010 12:48 AM
    I am the bride! My name is Kristin Anderson, I am shipping from Houston, Tx.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Dec 2010 06:53 AM
    Frank, that first week, Tuesday to Friday absolutely counts towards your 8 weeks. It's your INDOC week but it counts.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement