Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
The Process
Last Post 17 Nov 2010 08:46 PM by meg91. 54 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Jdw21

--
09 Sep 2010 10:18 AM
    Talked to my recruiter today which made me a lot happier than I have been, I have been worrying that my asvab score would not be good enough. But I have to call the recruiter back on Monday so he can pull my file but what he told me is if I pass everything (physical,background check,etc) I would be looking at February or March for a ship out date!! That made me happy to hear, so I had to post it.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    09 Sep 2010 10:37 AM
    That is HAPPY news...Feburary or March is really just around the corner...so get ready!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    09 Sep 2010 01:21 PM
    yea now I have to get through the dreaded meps physical lol.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    09 Sep 2010 03:04 PM
    It will be a walk in the park....well maybe a duck walk across a cold floor but a walk non the less...lol

No worries you will do great!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    09 Sep 2010 03:13 PM
    Remember, don't say anything stupid. It could lead to a DQ.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    09 Sep 2010 07:41 PM
    Trust me I will keep my mouth shut lol that would be all I need.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    09 Sep 2010 08:25 PM
    Yep, diarrhea mouth is always bad...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    06 Oct 2010 01:18 AM
    One thing to check, as I embarrassingly made this mistake... feb. or march of what YEAR? lol

Ignorant little me went around for a month telling all my friends and family I would be going right after I graduated high school, because my recruiter told me I was looking at "sometime in October". Only on my next visit I realized, gradually, that things werent' adding up. I finally figured out he meant "october of 2011", the NEXT year. The schedule had probably been booked for so long he forgot there were out of the loop people like me...oh well.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    07 Oct 2010 01:30 PM
    Well, we can only request ship dates for the fiscal year, which runs though September of 2011. Nothing beyond that is available yet, and thus, cannot be guaranteed.

If the recruiter put you in for a ship date, then they mean that it is for this fiscal year, period.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    07 Oct 2010 04:07 PM
    Oh ok. Well then good luck at meps
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    07 Oct 2010 07:40 PM
    Thanks everybody for chiming in. I have not yet gone to meps but I am just waiting for the phone call for a date. And Wisper good luck to you also.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    07 Oct 2010 08:25 PM
    If you were saying good luck at meps, I already went.

If you were just saying good luck in general...thank you lol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    08 Oct 2010 12:22 AM
    yeah i was just saying good luck in general.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    12 Oct 2010 10:43 AM
    OK now its been 2 weeks since i went to the recruiters office to fill out the medical form for meps and he said he would call me once he hears back from them.. But my question is how long does meps usually take to give out apointment dates? and if i dont hear nothing by Thursday I think I am going to call him just to check in..
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    12 Oct 2010 10:55 AM
    MEPS takes as long as they want. But, two weeks would be a good time to send a polite follow up request.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    chekkers0

--
    12 Oct 2010 01:17 PM
    It took a few weeks for my recruiter to get back to me, but that was because of MEPS reviewing some of my health history. I had Tonsils removed when I was younger and they had to review the records from that. Don't sweat it though. One little bit of advice....during the "duck walk" sectioin of MEPS, remember to keep your eyes forward and when someone messes up don't look at them. The doctors almost sent someone home becuase the guy next to him couldn't perform a task right and everytime he was corrected people would turn to see what he was doing wrong, worry about yourself and not them. Other than that just follow all instructions and you will be done before you know it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    12 Oct 2010 04:01 PM
    Your recruiter might say "you will be done by 2ish"...or whatever time. However I think I finished up at about 11. Just keep that in mind as your waste away your day in your underwear doing the duck walk...it will help keep you sane lol

And remember, looking back at it it was a fun experience none the less (unless you don't pass). You get to meet some people with similar interests (the military), which for me, coming from a place where I am one of the few people I know joining the military, was extremely motivating and exciting.

Good luck at MEPS. Remember to show up early and ignore the people who smirk when you say "coast guard".
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    14 Oct 2010 01:24 PM
    Tomorrow will be the day i call. lol
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    15 Oct 2010 01:27 PM
    Hope your call went well...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    19 Oct 2010 01:42 PM
    Capt. sorry for the wait but i finnaly got my meps date for next tuesday the 26th so that will be an early morning since i live like an hour away and i have to be there at like 530..
    BillyODU

--
    19 Oct 2010 03:04 PM
    I filled out my prescreen yesterday, 24 hours down... ugh.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    19 Oct 2010 05:30 PM
    I wish you the best! It can be a deal breaker...been there and done that.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    19 Oct 2010 06:03 PM
    Many more months too go

feels good to be started though
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    25 Oct 2010 08:19 PM
    I'm going to meps in the morning I can't sleep so wish me luck.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Oct 2010 08:58 PM
    Good luck JDW! You'll be fine. Don't sweat the small stuff and MEPS is small stuff.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    25 Oct 2010 10:59 PM
    All the best! Mums the word at MEPS!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Jdw21

--
    26 Oct 2010 11:07 AM
    Goodnews in home frm meps and tired but I passed everything there now I just have to wait for my recruiter to call me when he hears something I can't do this waiting no more lol
    BillyODU

--
    26 Oct 2010 01:24 PM
    Welcome back home. I'm still waiting to hear about my prescreen, haha. This whole waiting thing is a beast, but luckily I have this last month and a half of college to keep me occupied.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Wisper7

--
    26 Oct 2010 03:39 PM
    MEPS is the hardest part, because it's the most "dangerous". Congrats on getting through!
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    27 Oct 2010 03:00 AM
    Awesome news...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement