Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
greetings CG fans
Last Post 30 Sep 2010 12:22 AM by suddenlysinister. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
suddenlysinister

--
13 Sep 2010 01:31 AM
    First of all, thank you to cesuscg, sierra, and garrett375 for the immediate friendship. Secondly, I want to make it known I do not serve in the Guard (yet), however, hope I can learn from those who do, have, and/or will in the future of their experience & knowledge by reading the forum and interacting w/ the community. thx alot!..
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    13 Sep 2010 01:56 AM
    Many welcomes sinister...I am positive that you will learn a ton and have some fun at the same time if you hang around and read and ask questions...enjoy the journey!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Sep 2010 07:27 AM
    Welcome aboard sinister! I hope you can make a few more friends along the way, but you are off to a good start. Let us know if you have any questions you have people on this forum with an amazing degree of variation in experience.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    suddenlysinister

--
    13 Sep 2010 10:53 PM
    thank you both!..
    suddenlysinister

--
    13 Sep 2010 11:03 PM
    srry, technical issue..i have a small question..when the active duty term (4 yrs) ends and the inactive duty period begins, what are the requirements and restrictions of a coast guard member?..does one return to civilian life within that inactive role?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Sep 2010 07:07 AM
    Yes sir. You just go back to being a happy go lucky civilian. However, if Uncle Sam needs you back for some reason, they have the right to tell you to cut your long hair and don a uniform. (That is an attempt at humor not a personal knock of any sort, I just want you to read it with a smile. ) Trust me, if you saw a picture of my son on the day he left for boot... his CC's called him "female" for 2 days and one of the girls had to give him a hair tie back to put his hippy hair in a ponytail! LOL If he could still have long hair the CG would be absolutely perfect in every way but that short hair kills him. He'll still do his 30 some odd years hopefully by then male pattern baldness will set in. (Sorry got off on a side track there.)
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    suddenlysinister

--
    15 Sep 2010 01:47 AM
    HAHA!..that's actually an older pic. Have already cut it, but thank you for the quick answer. A person can sign up for life in the CG I'm sure, but 30 years? Yikes!..
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Sep 2010 07:59 AM
    My ex-husband, Colin's dad, is on year number 25 of active duty and he isn't planning on retiring anytime too soon. My son wants to earn his Master Cutterman's pin. That means he will have served 20 years on a ship. I believe there are only 12 in all of the CG, maybe 13... but to get 20 years of sea time, its going to require a good 25 or 30 years active. So it's all in the goals that are important to you and the length of career you need to achieve it.

My ex went into boot camp in August 1985 he is now a Commander and still absolutely loves putting on the uniform every day!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Garrett375

--
    16 Sep 2010 12:49 AM
    plus im almost positive that chicks dig guys in uniforms... so i wouldnt mind at all wearing a uniform for ladies
    ...but they just wont know that ill be the non-rate painting ships for a while hahahaha
    suddenlysinister

--
    16 Sep 2010 02:09 AM

Ok i see. What does it take to become a rated coastie, completation of A school I'm guessing?..

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    21 Sep 2010 06:22 AM
    Yes, you must successfully navigate "A" school or a Striker Program in order to become a rated Petty Officer.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    suddenlysinister

--
    30 Sep 2010 12:22 AM
    thanks gears
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement