Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Nov 16, 2010
Last Post 11 Jan 2011 07:03 AM by bikesnotscott. 100 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
Alec006

--
10 Nov 2010 08:03 PM
@Tublot Yeah I got some stuff down, of course it will not be enough. My friend just got back and said relax. They will get you physcially fit and you have tons of time to study. Also I choose this method to help me with my General Orders.
I got it off of Yahoo Answers.
Ok, this is how I remember them, and it still works, obviously because I'm typing them now.
1st General Order: To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
Think of the government as #1, or I only have one credit card, so I can only charge 1 thing.
2nd General Order: To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
You walk on two legs and observe with two eyes.
3rd General Order: To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
Think of the 3 strikes law, 3 strikes your out, 3 violations...
4th General Order: To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
If you are golfing you want to pass on FORE! so the people farther down don't get hit in the head.
5th General Order: To quit my post only when properly relieved.
You quit work at 5pm.
6th General Order: To receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the Watch only.
This one I remember 6th order, 6 people: Sentry, Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, Officer and Petty Officers.
7th General Order: To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
You have 7 friends you can't talk to til you are off work.
8th General Order: To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
Think of Wendy's, think of the 8 alarm burger.
9th General Order: To call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
Nine means no in some countries, no instructions call the OOD.
10th General Order: To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
10 words without the to, or O-10 is the highest officer command.
11th General Order: To be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
Think of 9/11 and how we challenged the terrorists afterwards, or think that 11pm is dark year round...
Basic Member
Basic Member
noregrets

--
10 Nov 2010 08:40 PM
Wow, Alec, that's intense. I pretty much have them down now since you have to know them word-for-word or so I've been told. I just had to make myself write them all down over and over and over again. The benefits of being home is that I'm beyond bored and have nothing better to do with my time at the moment. Now .... the weekend... that will be another story. I'm ready to get this over with so I can stop freaking out. Does anyone know approximately how big our company will be? I looked up the graduating company from Oct. 29th and I believe they only had 24 or so. Crazy how tiny that seems. This time next week we're all going to be in Hell .... oh, I'm just so excited.... (really scared).
AndersonK

--
11 Nov 2010 04:38 AM
Shipping November 16th from York, PA!

I was going to ask if everyone is ready and realized that it was a stupid question... I hear you're never quite ready.

But thats ok, We've got this!
AndersonK

--
11 Nov 2010 05:11 AM

... I'm sorry I'm new to this type of forum so I keep making mistakes. lol Must be the nerves.

AndersonK

--
11 Nov 2010 05:14 AM
Posted By tullbot on 15 Oct 2010 03:54 PM
another Nov. 16th here out of Ocean City, MD. so i'm a quick ferry ride from Cape May, and yeah the winters around here are pretty wet and cold, but the summers are brutally hot and humid. so you can't win either way! my name is Adam. and Sara, i'll be 25 this month so don't worry you're not the only gramps!
You're from Ocean City, MD!? I am 24 and I am from there! Did you go to Decatur? I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in the older category!
Alec006

--
11 Nov 2010 07:38 AM
Lol thats how I remember them. Im shipping out from New Orleans!
Basic Member
Basic Member
noregrets

--
11 Nov 2010 10:08 AM
Hi AndersonK! Welcome Aboard. I'm really excited to meet everyone! Don't worry, I have you covered in the "older" category!
AndersonK

--
11 Nov 2010 10:39 AM
noregrets, Thanks! I am very excited that I found this forum! My name is Karie by the way.

I can't believe its so close now!
Basic Member
Basic Member
noregrets

--
11 Nov 2010 01:55 PM
You're welcome. I'm just happy there's another girl! I'm Sara. You'll find that some of the "vets" on the forum are extremely helpful! I just received a few messages from them that have brightened my day ten-fold. What rate are you considering and how's your studying coming along?
AndersonK

--
11 Nov 2010 05:58 PM
I'm the same way, I am happy there is another girl, the same age, and sounds like the same situation as me (Putting in for OCS asap). I hope in the short period of time I'm on here I can soak up some wisdom.  My heart at this moment is set on IS as this is what my current Master courses are but I am going in with an open mind as well. Studying is going well. I think I have the 11 General Orders down, just working on the ranks and what they look like, military time, and chain of command. Also, trying to stay calm these last four days out. How about yourself?
tullbot

--
12 Nov 2010 09:39 AM
Karie
 no way!!! i'm actually from snow hill but i live in ocean pines now.  i'm 25 so no worries on the older factor i'm right there with ya.  what recruiting office did you go through?  if you still live in the area we should meet up sometime before we leave!
tullbot

--
12 Nov 2010 09:48 AM
Alec thanks for the study pointers, seeing how much time you put into that makes me realize how little i have! i think i better crush them this weekend
AndersonK

--
12 Nov 2010 10:10 AM
Wow small world! I went through a recruiting office up in Pennsylvania because I moved up here with my now Husband. But I was for awhile trying Chesapeake and that was nearly impossible. So I went much further north when I moved up this way to get some attention.  Which one did you end up going to? I wish I had checked this site out sooner because I was just down that way last weekend for an early Thanksgiving dinner. We'll be meeting in Philadelphia before we know it though! They flying you out of Baltimore? I have to fly out of Harrisburg, PA to Philadelphia, PA.
tullbot

--
12 Nov 2010 11:00 AM
oh awesome!  given the number of accepted applicants nationwide i didn't expect another from the good old eastern shore!  yeah i went through the baltimore office.  they're pretty swamped!  it took me almost a year to get my ship date.  they're flying the three of us that are shipping the 16th from that office out of BWI.  did you go to college in PA as well?
Basic Member
Basic Member
noregrets

--
12 Nov 2010 02:33 PM
It took a year for a shipdate? Holy crap! I am definitely counting my lucky stars. If I had to wait a year I would've said screw it. Man .... that's insane. I guess I did put it off for a year, though. Karie, what's your master's degree in? I just finished mine in Corporate & Organizational Communication. There's no chance in freaking hell I would go back to college unless it's for another bachelors in nursing or something. I'm definitely going to kick my butt into high gear this weekend on the study material. I had made flashcards from the Guardian Handbook, but I really know nothing as far as vessels .... but I do know all aviation aircraft and can name the ratings, but couldn't tell you their insignia. Whoops. Lots to do!
AndersonK

--
12 Nov 2010 03:11 PM

tullbot, No kidding! I didn't even try the Baltimore office because I heard it was crazy there. I feel very lucky to find my recruiter in Harrisburg, PA. When I finally decided this branch and this path it only took me 4 months to get a ship date. Where you go I think plays a HUGE part of how quick things move along. I think it so funny that we have to all FLY into PHL even though some of us are really not that far! (I live 1.5 hours away).  I went to school at Salisbury University and got my BS in Marketing and then moved away Dec of 08.

Sara, I did the same... well I put it off for almost 2 years. I wanted to go be an Officer right out of college but I followed my boyfriend, now Husband to PA. I have not finished my Masters yet though. I got two classes in on my Intelligence Studies degree and realized I loved what I was learning but it was going to be more beneficial to be in the Military and to actually be doing it. Are you going to try to go OCS/DCO? Did they give you a Guardian Handbook? I printed one off the website and have been reading that. I don't know ANY aviation aircraft but I am getting good with the vessels but just their size and types of missions. I have been really trying to learn each individual rating but I've also been concentrating on knowing when to salute and when to say Chief and when to say Petty Officer and just get enough to try to get myself NOT yelled at... too badly. My recruiter numbered my Helmsman for level of importance: 1. General Orders 2. Chain of Command (Order only) 3.Nautical and Military Terminology 4. Phonetic Alphabet. but it could just his opinion.

Did either of you get any guidance on the pictures? My recruiter told me to bring as many 4X6's as I wanted but I don't want to get in trouble. What was everyones attraction to this branch? Is everyone as ancy/nervous/excited as me? haha Sorry so long!!
Basic Member
Basic Member
noregrets

--
13 Nov 2010 01:34 AM
I wanted to be an Officer as well. I can't go DCO because it's communication.... there's no way that could ever be a possibility. It's a sad shame too because I had to suffer through it to never use it. haha. But you have to start somewhere, I guess. I really don't mind working my way up, though, I'm sure it'll have it's moments. What about you? Intelligence Studies sounds awesome. I could never afford a school like that! I printed 2 copies of the Handbook off online. I need to get my butt into gear tomorrow and just study all day. That was awesome of your recruiter. Did you fill out your Chain of Command? My recruiter really didn't tell me much. In fact, I haven't heard from her in a month. However, the recruiter I met with at MEPS was incredible. I can't complain about either though ... they were both pretty great.

I told my parents I couldn't take/receive pictures! My sister was a little down considering she and her husband are having a baby a week or so after I leave. I'll have to let them know. I wasn't planning on taking any photos with me. I'm not sure my family can make the trip for Graduation which is sad because I'll have no photos of people from the Company.

My attraction to the branch. Whew.... okay... I always wanted to join the military but chickened out in high school because we were invading Iraq around that time and was really only pursued by the Army because there's nothing besides that where I'm located. I never knew of the Coast Guard until I was around 20 or so. At 22 I learned that my mentor actually served 11 years and he tells me to this day that his biggest regret in life was ever leaving. Two years ago I met a guy on Christmas Break while visiting my friend from high school. We began dating soon after than and he's a rescue swimmer. Just to hear his stories sucked me in. He didn't stick around much longer than 3-4 months, but the idea of the CG stuck. The rest is history. My parents were anti-enlistment given the education and all. Now, however, they say it's probably the best decision I could've ever made. I hope they're right. What about you? I'm absolutely terrified and feel incredibly unprepared. I just want it to be over. I compare it to going to the doctor, haha. It'll just last a lot longer! Your turn.
AndersonK

--
13 Nov 2010 03:10 AM

Sara, I completely relate!

I actually grew up going "DAD I'M NEVER JOINING THE MILITARY!!" Especially when he was deployed during the first Iraq invasion. But over College, I just grew this HUGE respect for military and realized how elite and amazing of a job they actually do. When I graduated from College though I kept chickining out.When I tried to look into Officer this year they had froze hiring and even though I was in a secure job I just felt like I needed to serve. My sister is Coast Guard, My brother-in-law is Coast Guard, my grandfather was Air Force, and my father is Marine Corps and I didn't think I would ever truly enjoy my job unless I was somehow making a difference. I looked at all the branches and looked at their overall missions and then tried to decide on a path. I made a lot of calls to a lot of different recruiters but I always seemed to come back to the Coast Guard. I have talked to a lot of military in my life and I've had a Col in the Marine Corp tell me that if he could do it again... he'd go Coast Guard... they don't just train - they actually do. That really hit home with me.

Well I'm only two classes in on my Intelligence Studies and partly because I knew that if I joined the Military that they would help me pay for the rest of it and give me amazing training while I'm there. Communications in the CG sounds like it could be fun, I was just telling my Husband that I would LOVE to be the person who set up the morale events like Mike and Mike in the Morning on the US MOHAWK in Key West, FL. When/If you decide to become and Officer those communication degrees would be perfect for that.

I think overall I was truly lucky to find my recruiter even though at times I think he forgot he wasn't talking to an 18 year old with no responsibilities to other people but to a 24 year old engaged/married women with a stubborn Husband. But he really did overall set me up for success! (I hope) Aw, I was told we could have pictures ("just don't bring the shoe box") so I figured I was going to take two wallet sized and keep those in my wallet and then two 4X6. If they confiscate them... then.. well my arms will hurt and when I get out I'm calling my recruiter... and letting him know. But he was telling parents on the phone while I was in his office they could send packages to their loved ones in Cape May but only things they NEED, like bobby pins.  Hopefully that means they can send you lots of pictures! I would go crazy not to see pictures of my new nephew/niece. My recruiter also made me call him EVERY friday after I DEPd in just to make sure my status didn't change. I am shipping out with one kid from here, He's 18... made me feel like the old women. You shipping out with many other people?

My parents were both anti-enlistment as well, especially with my father being a Marine Corps Officer. I remember in Highschool him saying he'd snatch us up real fast if we thought about talking to a recruiter at that point. But I think because of the education giving a better opportunity to advance and just how much he loves the Coast Guard after seeing my Brother-in-law enlisted and my Sister is an Officer.... everyone is saying this if the best decision I could've made as well. Some people think I might not even put in for OCS because I will love enlisted life so much.

I am COMPLETELY terrified. I go through moments when the crowd is talking and I'm freaking out in my own little world. I feel incredibly unprepared but everyone keeps assuring me that the physical training and the studying I've done... is so above average that if I studied anymore then classes will be boring and hard to stay awake in. I am so ready for it to be graduation day... I keep comparing it to the sunken feeling I get the morning of a Triathlon when I think "What am I doing... you aren't ready for this... oh well... here goes nothing..."  Its just 8 week! right?

Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
13 Nov 2010 06:02 AM
Sara, Not to butt into your conversation... If no one can make it to graduation have your closest shipmate send you pictures from grad and buy the DVD!!! They will sell a DVD from your graduation and that will be a great way to remember the day.
Sector NY, Staten Island
tullbot

--
13 Nov 2010 07:46 AM
i went to Salisbury too! graduated 07. communications major, psych minor. truly small world. but yeah, my first trip to the recruiting office was in january and i went to an orientation that had so many people show up that they made people leave that lived less than an hour away and come back another day. fortunately (i guess) my trip was 2.5 hours so they were willing to talk to me. just thinking about all the people that were there and probably showed up on other days had me a little discouraged, but i'm glad that i stuck with it. like i said i didn't mind the wait too much. i was driving a truck for a small frozen food company. a job i didn't mind, but not one i planned on staying with. good things come to those who wait right? my recruiter told me that 2% of applicants are being accepted right now. so we should all feel very fortunate to have the oppurtunity we do.
i'm in the same boat as you guys as far as OCS. i'm pretty sure i want to do that but my brother is enlisted, loves it, and says that enlisting even if i later become an officer will only make me a better one because i'll have the experience of starting at the bottom. i kind of like the fact that we get to come in with everything open to us, not having to pick a job before we have even seen that job in action. i know there will be hard work (and likely dirty work) involved with being a non-rate, but personally i'm excited to have the oppurtunity to see it from that perspective before i decide what i want to do.
i have been working a bit on the required knowledge, i haven't printed a handbook because i don't want to get the Mr. Burns effect, where i try to cram so much in that nothing fits. and the chain of command is a blank page in my helmsman that i think probably should have been filled out by me at some point. can someone tell me what that is?
Basic Member
Basic Member
noregrets

--
13 Nov 2010 07:50 AM
First of all, I saw where you were doing tris and I'm jealous. Sprint Tris are on my bucket list! Sounds like you've given it much thought. I was the same way with the other branches .... nothing fit like teh CG does. I have also heard the same thing as far as enlisted career v. Officer career goes. Talk about a military family - you got it! Sounds great. I am excited. And why on earth are you up so stinking early? We'll get that soon enough.

Thanks Macie! I had seen where there was a dvd. I am definitely going to buy it! I think there's a good chance my mom will make the trip as she said, "It'll be a much needed vacation!" My brother's talking about coming as well. There's going to be a light at the end of the tunnel at some point.
AndersonK

--
14 Nov 2010 05:23 AM
tullbot, thats awesome! Going to Boot Camp with an Alumni! Dont' worry about the chain of command being filled out. They teach us all of that when we get there because there a few that we won't know until we get there. The thing he told me to know is in what order they belong in and who is higher than who. Wow, 2% of applicants? I wonder if that means our Company will be small. I would think so because who REALLY wants to spend the Holidays away from everyone? But the way I looked at it was... here's my chance I need to take this. My recruiter even offered to push the date back so I could spend my first holiday with my Husband... but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.

Sara, after this experience I am sure you're going to be doing Tri's like its nothing. I've already scoped out my next one... lol they're getting slightly addicting. I hope I can say the same about IT in Boot when I get there! lol. I keep waking up so early and I'm not entirely sure why... I think its the nerves. I was the DD last night so I didn't get to bed until 2am so that helped me sleep in today until 7am! lol I'll prob never wake up at the time again! I was reading on the facebook page for another company that someone daughter said they were having fun and they don't think they're suppose to be yet. lol I hope thats us!! haha
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
14 Nov 2010 07:29 AM
Colin will actually call me on a Saturday or Sunday and say "Well damn mom, I don't have to work today and I'm up anyway!" The military has alerady "trained" him that sleeping until noon isn't an option. Then he is up and doesn't know what to do wtih himself. LOL

Anderson, your last weekend home and they make YOU the DD! I give you credit for taking the job, I was almost always the DD, I preferred it. I had a great time, remembered the fools everyone else was and I was able to have a good day the next day with no headaches (with maybe the exception of the music having been too loud).

Good Luck!!!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
noregrets

--
14 Nov 2010 08:24 AM
I love it that Colin's up so early. I used to have to be at work at 6:30 every morning, so 5 am wasn't a problem. But these two weeks off sort of sucks! I haven't been up before 8. Then again, I haven't been to bed before 1. I have managed to function on 3 hours of sleep on several occasions. I woke up this morning and nearly had a heart attack thinking, "Oh my gosh .... after tomorrow, someone owns me and I have to wake up to yelling every morning."

Someone's daugther's having fun?! That's awesome! I hope that we do, too. I just have to get accustomed to the fact that my arms are going to hate me a I am terrible at push-ups and will, most likely, not to anything right in the eyes of the CCs.
tullbot

--
14 Nov 2010 12:57 PM
haha yeah i thought about the holiday thing but since i finally got my date i've been so nervous that if i were to push it back a couple months i think i would probably have a nervous breakdown haha. i agree, just need to get it done with. and i'm probably going to sound like a dolt but.. what is a tri? a triathalon? if so, you guys are beasts, and i feel even less prepared for this
AndersonK

--
14 Nov 2010 04:41 PM
Old Guard2, I get bored when I wake up too early too! Lately all I've been doing in the early mornings is writing back to these forums or looking up more and more information. lol.
Yeah, I was good 'ol DD. It ended up being a great time anyways for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Sara, I caught myself going "Oh on Monday... oh wait... that is tomorrow..." Mini-freak out! haha! I am looking forward to meeting you guys though and sharing these next 8 week adventure. One of my fears is that one guy that keeps messing up on purpose or has some sort of an attitude problem which gets us all IT. I am not sure what week the daughter was in but I love the positive attitude, I really hope I can keep that.

tullbot, yeah a Triathlon but I've only done Sprints which is considerably less miles. It is a 500 meter swim, a 15 mile bike ride, and a 5k race in one. My last one was in September but I feel so out of shape since then. Have you been physically training at all?

Well, I don't think we'll qualify for Operation Fireside for Thanksgiving but this will be a memorable Christmas I am sure. I kind of hope we can go on a Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving morning with civilians, I'd imagine that would be very motivating... lol We'll prob just have our own Turkey Trot around base though.
Alec006

--
14 Nov 2010 05:45 PM
2 Days Yall!!! I can't wait to meet all of yall. lol Anderson. Im def. not going to be that guy with the attitude problem. haha
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
14 Nov 2010 08:39 PM
Noregrets and the rest of you Nov. 16 shippers I hope you have a blast and enjoy every minute of your 8 weeks at vacation resort Cape May!

God Speed!
I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
AndersonK

--
15 Nov 2010 02:18 AM
Alec, haha good! I at least know there is four of us who are dedicated and want this really bad!!

We all should figure a way so that when we do meet in PHL that we all know each other is from this forum. Anyone bringing their cell phones? My recruiter TOLD me to bring my cellphone but then after I get on the bus from PHL to put it away and expect not to see it again. He said they'll store it for me with my civilian clothes. Just wondering if you all are getting the same information as me sometimes.

Up at 4am this time, but I did fall asleep at 8pm last night so thats understandable. My dad told my sister not to wake me because "this is the last night she has to sleep on her own couch." Wow talk about depressing! lol

captkguy, Thank you so much! I hope the same thing! haha

Well...tonight I check into the hotel near MEPS... and this crazy adventure begins. This won't be easy... but it will be worth it!!
Alec006

--
15 Nov 2010 06:12 AM
Yeah we should! Ill be the white skinny tall dude. haha Yeah my recruiter told me the same thing. Their going to have you write down the cost of your stuff. Don't write down like $400. I'm just going to say $30 for mine.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement