Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Jan 18 2011
Last Post 12 Jan 2011 03:54 PM by New Guardian. 62 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FloridaGirl

--
18 Dec 2010 05:26 PM
Posted By CaptNick on 18 Dec 2010 12:16 PM
I just PT'd with my recruiter yesterday. Im pretty much on track, just gotta keep doin situps.

I'm struggling to get the situps done in the required amount of time.  I can do the correct number, but I always come up short at the 1 minute mark.  We still have plenty of time to improve though
Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
Mrandrews20

--
19 Dec 2010 08:25 PM
Hey can someone clue me in on the PT we have to take, im in pretty good shape jw what it was, i know we have to run a mile in a half in a timed amount, whats it like 40 pushups and situps in a minute?
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
CaptNick

--
20 Dec 2010 03:29 AM
1.5mile: 12:51
Pushups: 29
Situps: 38

Theres also a swimming test.
New Guardian

--
20 Dec 2010 08:46 AM
Back when it was warmer out I was running a lot and able to beat the 12:51. I'm afraid to know what I'd run now. But the pushups have always been my weak spot
Ship date: January 18, 2011
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
CaptNick

--
20 Dec 2010 03:36 PM
Posted By New Guardian on 20 Dec 2010 09:46 AM
Back when it was warmer out I was running a lot and able to beat the 12:51. I'm afraid to know what I'd run now. But the pushups have always been my weak spot

I was averaging 9:45 when it was warm. Now Im around 11:00 and its only in the low 30's here. I've been doing 15-20 miles on the bike every day though instead of running outside. Seems to be helping...
Fisherman68

--
20 Dec 2010 05:29 PM
crunchy frogs and flutter kicks all the way! awesome workout for core and abs to help with those sit ups.
Fisherman68

--
20 Dec 2010 05:36 PM
The pushups are tough. Try to do half pushups like only going half way up for 10 quick reps than do a full push up. Do that till you get to 10 full push ups. Most people struggle with the first half of the push up rather than the lock on the top half. That's what I have been doing and it really helps.
kvo_8

--
22 Dec 2010 07:46 PM
if you guys are looking to get your push up number up, try this: start off with diamond push ups, burn out on those. adjust your arms, go straight into regular push ups, burn out. then adjust your arms again into a wide push up, burn out again. repeat as many times as you can with a decent amount of rest in between..i started this push up workout about 2 months ago, i could do 15-20 push ups max and now i can do 60 straight, not that much of a struggle.
kvo_8

--
22 Dec 2010 07:52 PM
the part im having trouble with is the running, but i should be alright by the time boot camp comes around. i can do the 29 push ups in 20 secs so im alright in that department
KennedyUSCG

--
23 Dec 2010 10:51 PM
I'll be shipping out January 18 too from Lancaster PA! So excited... and a little nervous...
New Guardian

--
23 Dec 2010 11:23 PM
Welcome Kennedy. I'm getting nervous too. It's hard to believe we're less than a month away
Basic Member
Basic Member
newms

--
30 Dec 2010 10:56 AM
Posted By kvo_8 on 22 Dec 2010 08:46 PM
if you guys are looking to get your push up number up, try this:

Yeah, I can confirm that this works..haha. I added an extra 10 push ups in 5 days with very little enthusiasm. I did maybe 75-100 push ups throughout the day for 5 days, and by the end, I was able to crank out an extra 10 that weren't there before.

So, maybe by the time we head out to Cape May I can add an extra 30? Haha, maybe wishful thinking.
newms! PATFORSWA
Fisherman68

--
02 Jan 2011 01:17 PM
Wow its getting so close! Anyone nervous/excited yet? It just hit me today!
Mrandrews20

--
02 Jan 2011 06:54 PM
yeah man im feeling the nerousness approaching, im ready!!
New Guardian

--
03 Jan 2011 01:18 AM
I agree newms...I added 7ish in a matter of a few days.

And yeah I'm feeling pretty nervous. I don't think it has totally sunk in yet but my sleep schedule is all messed up. I lay in bed until 5am every night. I usually don't do that unless I'm nervous about something
Basic Member
Basic Member
newms

--
03 Jan 2011 05:38 AM

It hit me yesterday when I remembered to put in my 'official' two week notice to my second job - they already knew the situation, but needed an e-mail to verify, haha.

And then I realized that next weekend will be the best and only time for me to get the bulk of my stuff down to the basement, throw out all the rest of it that I won't need, and scrub down the house....I think that makes me more nervous!  It's going to take a full 20 hours at least.
newms! PATFORSWA
dhavoc

--
05 Jan 2011 02:56 PM
My name is David i will also be heading out Jan 18th from Miami Florida! Super excited but trying not to let the nerves get to me! Does anyone have a certain song that they run and work out too that keeps you pumped for boot camp?!?

During boot camp my main song would be: Avenge Sevenfold - Nightmare

Workout Tracks:
Rev Theory - Hell yeah
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Fort Minor- Remember The Name
to many to list!

Anyone has any songs to share??
Mrandrews20

--
05 Jan 2011 10:14 PM
dhavoc heres a few to add to the list bud:

1.Slipknot - Wait and Bleed, Vermillion, All Hope Is Gone, Liberate

2.System Of A Down - Chop Suey

3.Drowning Pool - Feel Like I Do

4.Five Finger Death Punch - Never Again, Bad Company, War is the Answer

5.Eminem - Im a soldier

6.Trapt - Headstrong

7.Skillet - Hero

8.Pastor Troy - Well Uh Huh

9.Pantera - Walk

10.Lil Wayne - Ready For The World, I'm Raw

theres a good list man, and i feel ya on the messed up sleep schedule, ive been stayin up late myself just to much on my mind im stoked cant wait!!
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
CaptNick

--
06 Jan 2011 11:38 AM
Push It To the Limit - Scarface soundtrack Corniest song ever but an awsome jam to work out to haha
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Eoghan Roe

--
06 Jan 2011 12:04 PM
I was always a fan of things like
Quarter - Fuel
Justify - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Think - Drowning Pool
This Moment - Disturbed

Then of course a few of the songs feautured in video games >_>
Blow me Away - Breaking Benjamin
Won't Back Down - Eminem
pmriley

--
06 Jan 2011 08:06 PM
My daughters ship date got switched today. She will be shipping out on the 18th with y'all. She's coming from Fort Worth, Texas.
Basic Member
Basic Member
newms

--
06 Jan 2011 08:29 PM
Welcome aboard!  It'll be tough, but we'll all make it through.
newms! PATFORSWA
cas23

--
06 Jan 2011 09:06 PM
I'm shipping with you guys the 18th too! I'm pumped!
Mrandrews20

--
06 Jan 2011 09:38 PM
yo everybody check me out on FB and request me im so stoked ab shipping i wanna see the ppl im goin with, add a little message to the friend request let me know your shipping out with me, i did the math we will be PAPA 182!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mrandrews20

--
06 Jan 2011 09:38 PM
FORGOT TO POST LINK HERE IT IS... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1001722299
Basic Member
Basic Member
bikesnotscott

--
06 Jan 2011 10:49 PM
CaptNick,

I second that song! have you listened to Joe Esposito - You're The Best - from Karate Kid? haha simply amazing.

I'm pretty jealous of this company, you guys are already pretty tight and there are a lot of you. Thus far only one person with the same ship date as me is on this forum... we might be a pretty small company. You all will have a blast!
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
CaptNick

--
07 Jan 2011 09:34 AM
Posted By Mrandrews20 on 06 Jan 2011 10:38 PM
yo everybody check me out on FB and request me im so stoked ab shipping i wanna see the ppl im goin with, add a little message to the friend request let me know your shipping out with me, i did the math we will be PAPA 182!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 4th is Lima 184 and Jan 11 is Mike 184. Therefore we are NOVEMBER 184.
Mrandrews20

--
07 Jan 2011 10:31 AM
dang really?! i just went to the blogspot and counted backwards cause they do it in alphabetical order, but cool man!
Basic Member
Basic Member
Jdw21

--
07 Jan 2011 11:16 AM
Good luck to everyone shipping the 18.. I am shipping the 25th and our group continues to grow. we will see you guys around. Just saying Oscar 184 is going to be better!! lol
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FloridaGirl

--
07 Jan 2011 05:16 PM
Going to second the Five Finger Death Punch and Skillet. I run to Disturbed (I'm Alive and Sons of Plunder) and Godsmack (I am, Good Day to Die) a lot as well. Good consistent beats. Really feelin' Shinedown's Diamond Eyes too! Definitely my song of the moment.

"I'm on the front line
Don't worry I'll be fine
The story is just beginning
I say goodbye my weakness
So long to the regret
I now I see the world through Diamond Eyes..."

Brilliant.
Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement