Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Vaccinations
Last Post 30 Sep 2010 09:56 AM by Gears. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
m0ngoos3

--
22 Sep 2010 08:56 PM
    I'm assuming that like every other branch of the military, when you get to Basic they pump you full of vaccinations. Does anyone know if H1N1 is apart of that?

I really don't trust that vaccination. I can just see it mutating and being responsible for the zombie apocalypse
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    22 Sep 2010 09:02 PM
    I got it last year, with zero problems. We get whatever we're told to get. ;-)
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    m0ngoos3

--
    22 Sep 2010 09:14 PM
    You were ordered to get one? Or did you get one of your own accord?
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    22 Sep 2010 09:28 PM
    required.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    22 Sep 2010 09:29 PM
    For the record, in the military, if you are required to get a vaccination, you get the vaccination or you get discharged. They could, of course, give you the vaccination whether you want it or not. They could also court martial you and throw you in the brig. But my recollection is that discharge is the standard course of action.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    22 Sep 2010 10:02 PM
    the CG sent me to cvs to get my flu shot. lol no escaping medical...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ssetnicky

--
    23 Sep 2010 01:25 AM
    I don't recall if they gave me the H1N1 at basic in March... I really wouldn't be able to recall much though, I hate needles and all I remember is the HS's telling me what they're doing and a bunch of weird vaccine names floating around and then pumping my arms full of needles lmao... Forming week suckkkkkks
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    23 Sep 2010 07:39 AM
    the h1n1 was given through the nose i thought. thats how i got it.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    28 Sep 2010 08:08 PM
    we got the swine shots as well a while ago
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    noregrets

--
    29 Sep 2010 12:50 PM
    I just rejected the flu shot through the hospital I work at yesterday. This year they're putting H1N1 in with the flu shot serum. It didn't matter... still would've rejected it. Looks like I should've just taken it. Ah well...
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Sep 2010 01:12 PM
    Actually probably better that you DID reject the shot at work. You would probably have been given it a 2nd time and I don't have an opinion good or bad on flu shots, I don't get them, but that's just because I'm stubborn and don't think I need them. So it will probably be better to get it once in boot and call it good.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    29 Sep 2010 03:17 PM
    I used to always get the flu until my station crew talked me into getting it (I hate shots...love giving but hate receiving) but no more flu for me...that very first one however gave me night horses (that flu bug was crawling around in my brain)...I vividly recall that we were being attacked and taken over at gun point at the fire house and chaos ensued...my loud verbal comments were convincing enough that a couple of the guys took cover in their bed lockers...crazy stuff that night...lol
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CablesMom

--
    29 Sep 2010 03:43 PM
    My son got 5 shots while at boot camp. Three in his left arm, two in his right. And they were those air-powered shots that hurt worse than needles, he says. He's pretty sure h1n1 was not included. And later in boot camp when they were dishing out the small pox vax, he was in the fever ward (Cape May Crud) so they wouldn't give it to him. He went back later to get it and they turned him away saying he could get it another time. He still has not gotten it. I actually got sick with h1n1 last winter, and while it was not fun, it really wasn't much worse than the regular old flu. But I certainly wouldn't want to get in while at boot camp when your body is already stressed and you are sleep-deprived. My son was admitted for 5 days hooked up to antibiotics, etc. We will never know if it was h1n1 as he wasn't tested. He had already had the vaccine (in the nose) before boot camp so it probably wasn't. But he was one sick puppy. And just in the last week or so he was given the h1n1 vax where he's stationed. I don't think he was given a choice.
    Proud Coastie Mom
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    29 Sep 2010 04:30 PM
    Unit readiness in the military is a national security issue, so saying "I'd rather not have a vaccination" is the same as saying "I'd rather not chip and paint the hull" and will get the same response: "Who asked you?"
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    29 Sep 2010 05:04 PM
    air powered>needle. The air power I barely felt, it was over before you know it. I was immune to all the other shots you go back for so I lucked out.
    Im overdue for a shot that they dont know what it is, it should be fun to go get this unknown shot.
    m0ngoos3

--
    30 Sep 2010 08:55 AM
    I don't have a problem getting vaccinations, I just have a problem with H1N1. It is WIDELY known that there is no proof that the vaccination works, and the sickness' origins haven't been traced. It's a bit of a conspiracy lol I will get it regardless.

So what's the deal with air powered vaccinations? By general consensus, do they hurt more or less? What are the pros of the air powered versus the traditional needles?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Sep 2010 09:56 AM
    Pros - You don't get stuck with a needle.

Cons - high pressure air forces fluid into your body.

In my opinion it's a lose/lose situation.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement