Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
PT
Last Post 29 Nov 2010 08:30 PM by USCGforMe. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
uscg_nick

--
07 Oct 2010 10:14 AM
    What does an average day of pt consist of? Like how much running? How many push ups and sit ups etc. Thanks you
    Shipping out December 14th 2010
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    07 Oct 2010 10:31 AM
    Whatever you can imagine....double it!

No, just kidding, I do not know...from many past posts, each returning recruit describes it differently and it seems based on each individual CC as well as the weather conditions from their reports.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    m15airof

--
    07 Oct 2010 03:25 PM
    Enough to make you fit by the time you leave...probably pretty close to death. Just kidding, but I can't wait to find out, I imagine it will be rigorous.
    SN_Huseman

--
    29 Nov 2010 09:24 AM
    This really depends on how the company commanders are. I know for me (Alfa-184) we started the day off with PT. And of course if we screw up, we got me PT and remideals (SP) on top of that. Expect ~50-70 Pushup's, crunch's about 25-50 squats and flutter kicks. Flutter kicks are a 4 count exercise. 1, 2, 3, 01. ; 1, 2, 3, 02. ; 1, 2, 3, 03. ; 1, 2, 3, 04. etc.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    29 Nov 2010 04:25 PM
    Posted By SN_Huseman on 29 Nov 2010 10:24 AM
    This really depends on how the company commanders are. I know for me (Alfa-184) we started the day off with PT. And of course if we screw up, we got me PT and remideals (SP) on top of that. Expect ~50-70 Pushup's, crunch's about 25-50 squats and flutter kicks. Flutter kicks are a 4 count exercise. 1, 2, 3, 01. ; 1, 2, 3, 02. ; 1, 2, 3, 03. ; 1, 2, 3, 04. etc.

Sounds to me like you had it extremely easy!

V-181 did at least 3 or 4 sets of PT a day, each consisting of the exercises described above. You didn't do a set number of each exercise either...you just did them until you were told to stop.

I was able to get about 50pushups in a row when I got to Cape May, then rest position, and 10 or more after that, then rest position, and maybe 5 more before the CCs told us to pop tall and hit another exercise. By the end of basic, I could knock out 75-80 pushups at a time pretty easy, and we did it regularly.

Crunches will be second nature to you because inevitably someone in your company will let their back hit the deck when they tell you not to, or let their fit fall...bad idea. If the CC says NOT to quit, don't quit. It will take 6+wks before your company realizes this and you get away with 20-25. By that time, however, 20-25 reps will be cake because of all the 50+ sets you did before.

What really got our company was the ladder drills where we had to take stuff out of our rack 1pc at a time (like 1 sock), run down 3 stories, put it in our sea-bag, and back up 3 stories to get another piece. Do this until your whole seabag is full, then take your seabags outside and pass them in a 'chain' about 400yds to the 41' boat so you can 'get underway', without dropping one. If you drop one, you start over.

The remedials were much harder than the PT...PT is easy, and you build tolerance and stamina which makes it even easier.

Running - no more than 1.5mi on base, maybe 3mi off base...but, running is much easier because you run in a group and in cadence. You forget about the fact that you are running.

Attention on deck! Seats! Attention on deck! Seats! Sniper position take! DISCIPLINE!

Ahhh yes, can't wait to get to 'A' school and get hit even harder than I was at boot camp

Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    29 Nov 2010 08:18 PM
    Ahhh yes, can't wait to get to 'A' school and get hit even harder than I was at boot camp

A school is a TOTALLY different training environment. You won't get yelled at unless you seriously screw the pooch (i.e. show up for class late/drunk/out of uniform, destroy equipment, not following orders, etc.)
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    29 Nov 2010 08:30 PM
    Posted By Gears on 29 Nov 2010 09:18 PM

A school is a TOTALLY different training environment. You won't get yelled at unless you seriously screw the pooch (i.e. show up for class late/drunk/out of uniform, destroy equipment, not following orders, etc.)

I'm talking more physically than verbally. I'm in for a real whoopin' at the swimmer's shop.

I've heard of some different things that some of the airman have been ordered to do that would also make me feel much smaller than I did at boot camp  . It's all part of the right of passage though, I guess.

With that said, I haven't talked to many people who have passed the 'A' school, most of the people I talked to have dropped out. One of them passed out in the pool, but he didn't have anything bad to say except for the fact that he was upset that he didn't get a second chance. The other guys were very VERY distraught that they got the boot, so they naturally didn't have much good to say about it.

The only other 'A' school experience I have is when I was at a 'C' school in Tracen Yorktown and had the chance to see the 'A' schoolers marching around. They looked like they were on their own for the most part, like you say. I'm curious how similar E-City will be.

Thanks for your input, and further input if you have any. I appreciate it.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement